LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

This. I found the same thing happened in the Conn. case, all charges were dismissed.
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

Huh? All I'm seeing is Maiocco's tweet that there will be no charges filed today.
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

I just saw that there were no charges TODAY. That's quite different.
I don't think he will be released, because I doubt the FO wants to set that precedent. If they did then they'd be asked by the media every time some idiot on the team gets arrested when he is going to be released and would have more PR issues.

I imagine he will be on the first flight back to SF after he gets out of jail and will have a car waiting to take him to the team HQ for a serious dressing down. Get Tomsula to go after him, then Smith, Willis, Vernon, and finish up with Harbaugh. Should set him straight, or at least embarrass him enough to make him use his (clearly minimal) common sense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If we release him we are dumb as s**t. He'll just get picked up immediately by another team and our pass rush would then blow. We should suspend him. What do you think the chances are we cut him? I really hope they're very slim

I think that he will play out his rookie contract without adding the 5th year.

I agree that chances he gets cut now are slim, but it is really going to depend on Jed York.

And there is a good chance that Jed York is not happy with Aldon Smith.
Originally posted by buck:
If we release him we are dumb as s**t. He'll just get picked up immediately by another team and our pass rush would then blow. We should suspend him. What do you think the chances are we cut him? I really hope they're very slim

I agree that chances he gets cut now are slim, but it is really going to depend on Jed York.

I doubt it. I think they'll wait till last possible second and then add the 5th year.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
?

I looked up a very similar case in Conn., that guy ended up seeing all charges dropped after his second court appearance.
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

what are the potential charges?!
I doubt it. I think they'll wait till last possible second and then add the 5th year.

I think they're waiting to see how his hearing on the 28th or 29th goes, which would make sense.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
?

I looked up a very similar case in Conn., that guy ended up seeing all charges dropped after his second court appearance.

Yeah....but did that guy have charges pending against him on other cases?

Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
The Israelis profile on multiple fronts, good luck getting away with that here in the US.

Racial profiling vs criminal groping and violation of your privacy rights and a weakening of the essential protections of the constitution? Meh. I'll take the racial profiling.

It's not just racial profiling they do...it's ethnic, religious, and EVERY passenger is interviewed by security personnel prior to boarding, and these aren't some of the dregs you see with TSA, these are people who are highly-trained to pick up on certain verbal and physical cues. There are other measures they employ, such as cross-checks of every vehicle entering airport grounds. But you do have to keep in mind the scale of what we're talking about, there's hundreds of intl airports in the US, not to mention hundreds more domestic-only...and Israel only has a handful of each.
Originally posted by verb1der:
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

what are the potential charges?!

Its against the law to fake a bomb threat in an Airport. Punishable by up to 1 year in prison. Probably won't happen, but it is against the law.
Originally posted by buck:

I sure hope so. I'll be absolutely devastated if we're dumb and try to send a message and cut Aldon. A talent like him only comes around so often. Suspend and/or fine him and get the dude a permanent babysitter or group of people that he hangs out with that make sure he stays out of trouble. Also get him additional counseling for all his troubles. We need to clean him up and we need him for our Superbowl run.
  • buck
  • Veteran
L.A. District Attorney: No charges filed against Smith, yet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-district-attorney-no-charges-filed-against-smith-yet

MM thinks the 49ers will pick up the fifth year. (in the video)
I think they'll give him the 5th year, but no more after that. This will give us another draft to find a successor to compete with Lemonier.
Share 49ersWebzone