LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by IT21:
Originally posted by Chief:
If the charges are not dropped I say we make a statement and cut him.

lol f**k that

Lol this. And watch Seattle pick him up two minutes later? f**k that. Just suspend his ass again and get him a permanent babysitter.
Dude what is up with these exaggerated and made up reports trying to damage the character of our players? Of course what Aldon did was dumb as s**t. Kap might have put himself in a bad situation as well. But what is up with these immediate reports after these incidents such as "Kap being investigated for SEXUAL ASSAULT" and Aldon "GOING AROUND AIRPORT YELLING BOMB". They later backtrack and say Kap was just involved in a suspicious incident and now were hearing Aldon just made a remark that he had a bomb to the TSA as they are screening him. He wasn't going around like a madman and yelling there is a bomb on the plane. What the f**k is up with the media trying to assassinate 49er players character. Again this does not excuse Aldon from being an absolute idiot and making the comment, but it's not nearly as bad as what was first reported, which keeps happening with these incidents with our players.
49ers should strongly consider drafting a couple pass-rushers. You never think you "need" another player at a seemingly full position until you lose a good one. See: Michael Crabtree and our WRs last year.

Without Aldon, we're just one injury away from our OLB corps being devastated. At least in terms of what they're normally capable of. There's a reason the 49ers have scouted several pass-rushing prospects. I think it's an area we will look at more closely than people think.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I am starting to feel a bit snake bit. Two years ago we lose a Superbowl trip because Kyle Williams can't field a couple of punts. Last year we lose the Superbowl because Aldon and Justin Smith were injured and ineffective playing hurt. This past season we lose a trip to the Superbowl in Seattle with a bunch of bad calls and a failed last drive and if we hadn't lost Crabtree in preseason and Aldon during the season we probably would have been playing at home anyway.

Now we have to deal with all this crap. What the hell is wrong with these guys? The rest of us could only dream of getting to play the game we love and make Millions of dollars a year to do it. They have no appreciation for how lucky they are. Aldon makes almost $10 million this year. That's way more than most of us see in a lifetime and he couldn't care less. There is nothing I wouldn't give up except breathing for $10 Million. He can't give up being a thug and an idiot.

Everything looked real sweet going into this draft. Now we have an extra need at CB because of Culliver and we have to worry about our pass rush because of Smith.

WTF?

I feel the same way man
Was that Culliver with Aldon in the TMZ video? If it was, smh. The last thing we need is those two guys trying to keep each other out of trouble. Lol. We need a babysitter for both of them.
Sarcasm...we talkin bout sarcasm man. Sarcasm.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
I am starting to feel a bit snake bit. Two years ago we lose a Superbowl trip because Kyle Williams can't field a couple of punts. Last year we lose the Superbowl because Aldon and Justin Smith were injured and ineffective playing hurt. This past season we lose a trip to the Superbowl in Seattle with a bunch of bad calls and a failed last drive and if we hadn't lost Crabtree in preseason and Aldon during the season we probably would have been playing at home anyway.

Now we have to deal with all this crap. What the hell is wrong with these guys? The rest of us could only dream of getting to play the game we love and make Millions of dollars a year to do it. They have no appreciation for how lucky they are. Aldon makes almost $10 million this year. That's way more than most of us see in a lifetime and he couldn't care less. There is nothing I wouldn't give up except breathing for $10 Million. He can't give up being a thug and an idiot.

Everything looked real sweet going into this draft. Now we have an extra need at CB because of Culliver and we have to worry about our pass rush because of Smith.

WTF?

I feel the same way man

Ya, I'm with both of you..... At least Kiffin is out of SC, there's something for me to look forward to starting August. For some reason, I see Smith playing in another uniform in his second contract. Just seems that the guy can't keep it together and I don't think the 49ers are going to give him the Dez Bryant treatment.
[ Edited by Geeked on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Was that Culliver with Aldon in the TMZ video? If it was, smh. The last thing we need is those two guys trying to keep each other out of trouble. Lol. We need a babysitter for both of them.

Two losers hanging out with each other.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheBigDemonWillis52:
I'd trade Aldon Smith and 30th pick to the Raiders for J. Clowney.

Well thank god you're not our GM

This.

Clowney can't even carry Smith's jockstrap and is a character risk himself.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....

Yeah, he looked good. Not 30+ sacks in his first 2 seasons good though. If Willis, Bowman, Gore, and J. Smith can't keep Aldon out of trouble what makes you think Lattimore can keep Clowney from f**kin up?

Clowney is obviously faster than Aldon and probably stronger than Aldon. He is also flexible in the passing coverage, so the 49ers will create more plays for him to play on the coverage instead of rushing to the QB. That is why we may not see him having 30+ sacks in 2 seasons. On the other hand, he is still capable to break a sack record in his rookie year if we plan to use him as a blitzed all the time.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Dude what is up with these exaggerated and made up reports trying to damage the character of our players? Of course what Aldon did was dumb as s**t. Kap might have put himself in a bad situation as well. But what is up with these immediate reports after these incidents such as "Kap being investigated for SEXUAL ASSAULT" and Aldon "GOING AROUND AIRPORT YELLING BOMB". They later backtrack and say Kap was just involved in a suspicious incident and now were hearing Aldon just made a remark that he had a bomb to the TSA as they are screening him. He wasn't going around like a madman and yelling there is a bomb on the plane. What the f**k is up with the media trying to assassinate 49er players character. Again this does not excuse Aldon from being an absolute idiot and making the comment, but it's not nearly as bad as what was first reported, which keeps happening with these incidents with our players.
The 49ers are not being persecuted by the commissioner, refs, media or anyone else. The media sensationalizes, exaggerates and twists stories all the time to get people's attention. Famous people are their favorite targets, 49ers don't catch anymore media BS than other famous athletes or Hollywood actors.

Somebody posted it yesterday, and I agree . . . I'm kinda surprised TMZ's headline wasn't "Aldon Smith threatened to blow up LAX!!!"
that time away from the team last season really helped him focus and get his life together
Why am I watching these buffoons on First Take speaking on this situation lol?
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM ]
Aldon...

Up for Dumbass of the Offseason Award...

1. Chris Culliver
2. Aldon Smith
3 Kaep/Patton
4. Daniel Kilgore
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:57 AM ]
I'd trade Aldon Smith and 30th pick to the Raiders for J. Clowney.

Well thank god you're not our GM

This.

Clowney can't even carry Smith's jockstrap and is a character risk himself.

At least, Clowney wouldn't want to make a fool of himself at front of Marcus Lattimore. Didn't you watch Clowney's pro day?.....

Yeah, he looked good. Not 30+ sacks in his first 2 seasons good though. If Willis, Bowman, Gore, and J. Smith can't keep Aldon out of trouble what makes you think Lattimore can keep Clowney from f**kin up?

Clowney is obviously faster than Aldon and probably stronger than Aldon. He is also flexible in the passing coverage, so the 49ers will create more plays for him to play on the coverage instead of rushing to the QB. That is why we may not see him having 30+ sacks in 2 seasons. On the other hand, he is still capable to break a sack record in his rookie year if we plan to use him as a blitzed all the time.

See bold text above. This always makes me laugh. Now I'm certainly not advocating to trade Aldon Smith and our first rounder to move up for Clowney by any means (I would actually hate it if SF did that); however, I love people's forecasting that Clowney can't hold Smith's jock or that he "looks good but not 30+ sacks in his first two seasons good."

Did Aldon Smith look 30+ sacks in his first two seasons good leading up to the draft?! Absolutely not. He was deemed a project player that the 49ers reached for. Heck, I'll admit that I didn't even know who he was when they announced the pick at the podium.

There's no way to know any of this; it's futile to compare or shoot down someone's proposal (which in all likelihood would never happen anyway) based on pure conjecture.
Share 49ersWebzone