There are 249 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

^^ lmao
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Kuechly is good, but the help he gets from the refs is an embarrassment to the league.

lol he has 90+ tackles and 3 picks on the season. dude is a beast. he has gotten away with a couple of no calls but who hasnt? Dude is the best inside linebacker in the game at the moment

No.

Yes he is. Youre a homer. Go home ok, you're drunk.
Lol that list is beyond bunk. Arthur moats? Josh byrnes? Lol.

I'll admit I forgot about kill Alonso as he plays in a media wasteland and Sean Lee as he is hurt at the moment. Those two are definitely up there. But I would still take kuechly right now. Dude is the best defensive player/captain on arguably the best defense. I'm not saying he is heads and shoulders above our guys. But this season he is slightly ahead IMO.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Lol that list is beyond bunk. Arthur moats? Josh byrnes? Lol.

I'll admit I forgot about kill Alonso as he plays in a media wasteland and Sean Lee as he is hurt at the moment. Those two are definitely up there. But I would still take kuechly right now. Dude is the best defensive player/captain on arguably the best defense. I'm not saying he is heads and shoulders above our guys. But this season he is slightly ahead IMO.

Bowman has 80 solo tackles and Willis has 51 in 9 games. Kuechly has 59 solo tackles, same with Alonso.

Karlos Dansby is having an amazing season if you want to compare stats. He has 16 passes defensed 4 sacks and leads the league in solo tackles.

That doesn't mean he's better than Willis or Bowman. Scheme is a huge part of the equation.
Originally posted by Disp:
Who is playing better than him?

These 15 ILB's according to PFF

Wow, good find
Where is he at? He's been MIA for two weeks.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Where is he at? He's been MIA for two weeks.

Honestly I think it has to do with him actually playing linebacker now instead of pass rush. Most times he's setting the edge making sure he doesn't crash on the fakes and i saw him lined up in the slot in coverage as well.
Did they have him playing the slot on a couple play, or something? It wasn't even a wide-9, he was out pretty far.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Did they have him playing the slot on a couple play, or something? It wasn't even a wide-9, he was out pretty far.

yes he was playing actual coverage, not wide 9 technique actually lined up with the slot receiver.

yes that is aldon lined up in the slot
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Dec 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM ]

Originally posted by jonesadrian:

yes that is aldon lined up in the slot

Right before he moved back over to the line.
ya i saw that too and thought it was weird. i dont remember aldon ever dropping back lol
I saw him drop back into coverage maybe once against Seattle. Now he did line up against the slot a few times but often moved back to the Dline to rush the passer before the play started.

I personally never want to see Aldon in coverage, I dont trust him at all.
Aldon hasnt been missing, he just isnt getting the sack. He had 4 hurries on sunday and made a key stop. If you look at Navorro's sack on Russell, Aldon was gunning him down the whole way.
Originally posted by xela510:
Right before he moved back over to the line.

he didn't go to the line he had a zone area to protect. he stayed out and the linemen came to him, it was a run anyway but he wasn't near the line of scrimmage the entire play
Share 49ersWebzone