LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by jreff22:
I said this a few weeks ago. Rehab is not punishment. If the FO wants to try to handle this internally they need to set a precedent. Once he's "back" they can "punish" him via suspension. Before anybody brings up Lynch, I don't care about or what the Hags do...I hope we hold a higher moral standing. Its better to make sure he's actually ok and then suspend him (and see if he does something else dumb) before actually bringing him back. Sometimes a kick in the ass is what's needed to get through to people.

The CBA does not allow for the team to suspend him. They don't have that power.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I said this a few weeks ago. Rehab is not punishment. If the FO wants to try to handle this internally they need to set a precedent. Once he's "back" they can "punish" him via suspension. Before anybody brings up Lynch, I don't care about or what the Hags do...I hope we hold a higher moral standing. Its better to make sure he's actually ok and then suspend him (and see if he does something else dumb) before actually bringing him back. Sometimes a kick in the ass is what's needed to get through to people.

The CBA does not allow for the team to suspend him. They don't have that power.

Inactivate him for 4-6 weeks. Getting benched and not being able to travel would be embarrassing.
Inactivate him for 4-6 weeks. Getting benched and not being able to travel would be embarrassing.

Why? He is in rehab. Missing 5 games. Then you want them to inactivate him for 5 games. That is 10. Then league will suspend him for a minimum of 4. So he misses a whole year cause of 1 DUI?

And it is 1 cause he plead the other down.

Why? He is in rehab. Missing 5 games. Then you want them to inactivate him for 5 games. That is 10. Then league will suspend him for a minimum of 4. So he misses a whole year cause of 1 DUI?

Rehab is not pusihment. Its where celebrities go to get out of jail. And its not a single DUI, its a trend of dumb behavior in a very short career. I would rather get through to him now and have a 10 year vet instead of slapping his wrist and waiting for the next stupid thing that could end his future with us.
As much as I would love to have Aldon back a-motherf**kin-sap I think it would be extremely dumb to try and rush his recovery. Guy is too young and way too talented to risk it.

So far he seems to be pretty stupid in the common sense/decision making department, maybe he can grow out of it, maybe not. I still say hiring a driver would solve a majority of his problems.
When this man comes back our awesome defense will be that much better! Manningham is practicing, crabtrees getting close, dials activated! Damn ladiea n gentleman things are good in ninerland
Goniners
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
As much as I would love to have Aldon back a-motherf**kin-sap I think it would be extremely dumb to try and rush his recovery. Guy is too young and way too talented to risk it.

So far he seems to be pretty stupid in the common sense/decision making department, maybe he can grow out of it, maybe not. I still say hiring a driver would solve a majority of his problems.

I agree with you 110%, have the Niners tell him they will pay the driver for him but he will pay it back once he gets his next contracts signing bonus. Driver would literally live with him and go everywhere with him & I would also add a bodyguard who would report to the team with everything he did the night before every single day of the year. Throw in that he has to take a blood alcohol test every day before a practice/game & monitor the s**t out of him.

As for his comeback this year, I'm thinking he returns within a week or 2 of the bye.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
When this man comes back our awesome defense will be that much better! Manningham is practicing, crabtrees getting close, dials activated! Damn ladiea n gentleman things are good in ninerland
Goniners

I agree, we're getting our guys back. Should be a fun second half of the season.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Goniners

I agree, we're getting our guys back. Should be a fun second half of the season.

This season has the makings of a great America's Game - Super Bowl

Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree with you 110%, have the Niners tell him they will pay the driver for him but he will pay it back once he gets his next contracts signing bonus. Driver would literally live with him and go everywhere with him & I would also add a bodyguard who would report to the team with everything he did the night before every single day of the year. Throw in that he has to take a blood alcohol test every day before a practice/game & monitor the s**t out of him.

As for his comeback this year, I'm thinking he returns within a week or 2 of the bye.

I have in mind a 22 yo sexy masseuse/driver/chef/personal assistant company paid live in young lady named Jazmine. This should just about do the trick. She won't talk much but can fulfill his transportation needs and any other "needs" he might have in order to aid in his recovery. We need to be hard on him in order to whip him back in shape

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Goniners

This really is. Perhaps it'll be enough for the refs to fix games in our favor j/p.

Rehab is not pusihment. Its where celebrities go to get out of jail. And its not a single DUI, its a trend of dumb behavior in a very short career. I would rather get through to him now and have a 10 year vet instead of slapping his wrist and waiting for the next stupid thing that could end his future with us.

Off with his head!
Hope a speedy & healthy recovery for Aldon Smith! Praying for you!
Goniners

Especially with Seattle's hot start, true champions embrace adversity
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Goniners

This really is. Perhaps it'll be enough for the refs to fix games in our favor j/p.
No doubt. This season reminds me of the recent GB Super Bowl run. They were hobbling all season into the playoffs and then just turned it on.
[ Edited by IMnotsoHO on Oct 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone