There are 195 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
This whole Aldon situation is a whole load of bullcrap.

What "drinking problem" does Aldon have? Is there a single shred of evidence to suggest Aldon has a "drinking problem"? Stepping into a vehicle while intoxicated is not a "drinking problem", it's a DECISION problem.

"Alcoholics" are usually people who are drunk all the friggin time. They lock themselves in an apartment full of Vodka and don't come out for weeks. THAT is a drinking problem. Driving a car while intoxicated bears no resemblance to that.

If he really did have a drinking problem, he would show up late to practice, look lethargic, oversleep etc. I don't think these types of characterizations have ever been reported about him.
I doubt Aldon drinks much more than anyone else on the team. It's just that he DECIDES to drive cars while doing it.

i was an alcoholic who never missed a day of work, was never a minute late and always worked hard at work. its called being a functional alcoholic. i dont know how bad of a problem aldon smith has, but i also dont think you have a very good grasp on what an alcoholic is.

Well said.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
FREE ALDON !!!!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Aldon cured yet? Can't wait till his back on the field.
Originally posted by susweel:
FREE ALDON !!!!

With every gallon of petrol
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by susweel:
FREE ALDON !!!!

With every gallon of petrol

Lol every GM in the league would be panic buying.
Must not be a very strict rehab if he's still tweeting about beating the week on Friday. Many rehab facilities don't allow their residents to have cell phones. Also, the comment above asking if he's been cured yet....unfortunately, there is no cure for alcoholism. It's a disease that cannot be cured. It can, however, be treated. Let's hope Aldon is strong enough to never have a drink again.
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Must not be a very strict rehab if he's still tweeting about beating the week on Friday. Many rehab facilities don't allow their residents to have cell phones. Also, the comment above asking if he's been cured yet....unfortunately, there is no cure for alcoholism. It's a disease that cannot be cured. It can, however, be treated. Let's hope Aldon is strong enough to never have a drink again.

He might get an hour or so per day for internet time. They have to give these guys activities to keep their mind off the bottle. This is voluntary rehab, not court ordered, so it might be less strickt. I'm not sure how it works though. Never knew anyone who volunteered at a high end rehab facility.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He might get an hour or so per day for internet time. They have to give these guys activities to keep their mind off the bottle. This is voluntary rehab, not court ordered, so it might be less strickt. I'm not sure how it works though. Never knew anyone who volunteered at a high end rehab facility.
he's only in rehab for prevention and to mostly calm people and Media down..mini vaca
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

he's only in rehab for prevention and to mostly calm people and Media down..mini vaca

harbaugh thinks this team can win without him so theyre sending him on a month long vacation to keep him fresh for the palyoff push
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

harbaugh thinks this team can win without him so theyre sending him on a month long vacation to keep him fresh for the palyoff push

We need to sustain until the band gets back together.

I think he is in there because he drinks too much and gets too rowdy and possibly does too many meds.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]

I think he is in there because he drinks too much and gets too rowdy and possibly does too many meds.
which every college or early 20's kid does or has done.

9ers are doing their due diligence (first time shame on you, 2nd shame on me)

member this guy is still young..and hopefully he has really learned that playing Football is not a right

which every college or early 20's kid does or has done.

9ers are doing their due diligence (first time shame on you, 2nd shame on me)

member this guy is still young..and hopefully he has really learned that playing Football is not a right

It's a privledge that he is better than 99% of the league while piss drunk
  • buck
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith made a poor decision when he drank (or smoked or popped) himself into a stupor.
His decision to drive while under the influence was a bad decision.

His decision to go into rehab was a good decision.

What he does in the future is more important than what he did in the past.

I am willing to see what happens in the future.
I think he'll come back better then ever ..im just hopeing everyone(team,GM ,family,friends,fans) give him enough time to learn everything he needs to know to help him be more successful in life first then football ...
Share 49ersWebzone