LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by GNS1310:
FOX Sports: NFL ‏@NFLONFOX2m
JUST IN: Aldon Smith could enter rehab this week and could miss significant time, via @JayGlazer.

Significant practice time?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Save this rehab s**t till after the season we can't afford to lose him right now

you do realize this stuff he is going through supersedes football right?
Originally posted by ads_2006:
JUST IN: Aldon Smith could enter rehab this week and could miss significant time, via @JayGlazer.

Significant practice time?

Hope it counts towards his potential suspension.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

That's good. Go get 3 sacks today and then get some help! Works out for everyone.
i would not be shocked is significant time is up to 60 days. if they are serious and this is a true treatment center,, they are not going to clean him up in 72 hours, in my opinion. he could have killed himself and others and now you got pills involved,,, sorry you do not f**k around with this no matter how many sacks it costs you.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I don't think .

Fixed.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Hopefully Aldon gets help asap. I don't want to be teaching OSAAP to Aldon in prison or reading his obituary in the paper. This is bigger than football.

of course this is the truth
I don't think Aldon should be an every down player anyway. He is strictly a pass rusher. Anyone notice during his rookie 11' year, he would rush on passing situations only and did it VERY VERY Well. and then last year, he started wearing down and got injured late and was never the same. He should be strictly a Pass Rusher.

Totally

The rest of the defense after halftime of the Pats game played lock down for the rest of the season......

He is doing really well and has improved as an every down player. Does he have mistakes, yes, everyone does. Don't take a guy 7th overall to play just one down

His shoulder injury had nothing to do him with him being an every down player. He's not a one trick pony. He's one of the best ALL-AROUND linebackers in the league and should play all downs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Too bad we don't have Haralson. Good thing is we do have a LEMON!

part of me wants to say, they could not see this coming but a bigger part of me wants to say,, they should have seen the red flags for the last two years and may have known this could happen. but moving forward, get the lemon man in there and see what he can do. at least we have guys better than higgins or huggins or whoever the f**k he was
Cam.... Cam.... Come Back. Cam...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I say have Aldon go live with Alex Boone for a little while, have Boone, a former alcoholic maniac who turned his life around mentor him and show him how to live sober.

Naw, let aldon do rehab

. Rather not risk having Boone messed up too
matt does have a nice point. when he gets out of rehab, he has to find a new group to hang with. what good does rehab do if you go back to the old gang ? you just fall right back into unhealthy patterns. boone should take the guy under his wing when he gets out because he knows what aldon is going through

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

That's good. Go get 3 sacks today and then get some help! Works out for everyone.
i would not be shocked is significant time is up to 60 days. if they are serious and this is a true treatment center,, they are not going to clean him up in 72 hours, in my opinion. he could have killed himself and others and now you got pills involved,,, sorry you do not f**k around with this no matter how many sacks it costs you.

Yup, he definitely could've killed himself. This is the right thing to do, before it gets outta hand like Von Miller, who tried to cheat his urine test.
  • buck
  • Veteran

First, the team does seem to be taking the situation very seriously.

Second, Aldon is worth the effort.

Third, the high-lighted parts put this in a very good context.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Cam.... Cam.... Come Back. Cam...

if he misses alot of time, like i think he is going to, i am not sure if the niners can get a guy to replace him on the roster. i guess he would be on the PUP list? maybe that would open up a roster and maybe they could sign a cheap free agent. of course that is what i think they should have done on the d line this week so what the f**k do i know
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

First, the team does seem to be taking the situation very seriously.

Second, Aldon is worth the effort.

Third, the high-lighted parts put this in a very good context.
your first bullet point is huge buck maybe it helps that JH went through a deal like this a few years back?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Hope it counts towards his potential suspension.

If he goes into rehab and misses time, there would be no logical reason for the league to suspend him.

If needed the team could "suspend" him to placate the league.
Share 49ersWebzone