There are 199 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

I still say Aldon is going to play week 1 even if he is suspended unless he doesn't appeal it.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he will be suspended 1 game and 1 game only

i guarantee it

Jerry Jones pullin' all the strings.

Right, because if they suspend him longer, he will appeal, and likely play against Dallas. However, if it's one game, they probably don't appeal and he won't play against Dallas.

Jones knows all the angles.

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Honestly, the longer we wait, the more likely the suspension is better for Aldon and SF.

I hope you're right but I put nothing past Goodell. I'm with the majority here, he should get 0-2 games tops, but, I wouldn't be totally shocked if RG comes in and suspends him for some unreal amount of time.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
I still say Aldon is going to play week 1 even if he is suspended unless he doesn't appeal it.

They are waiting until Bowman is close to a come back so we can appeal until he is on the field and then then have them both in time for the playoffs. This is known as the Seahawks method.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
he will be suspended 1 game and 1 game only

i guarantee it

OK so if you are wrong .......
It smells political.

By that I smell a rat - Goodell.

Hope I'm wrong - just a feeling.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It smells political.

Now I am at the point that I could care less because I believe whatever it is it won't matter because our team has the parts in place to build a champion regardless. I want 1 of our best players available for as many games as possible but I will have to take what I can get. If this suspension exceeds 4 games in light of what Aldon has already missed then I think that it can actually galvanize our team and fuse our locker room together more towards one common goal of lifting that Lombardi
I think he gets 2-4 games and he doesn't appeal. I don't like 4 games but if Goodell suspends him for more than that it's because Aldon refused to let his old lady blow the commish Ray Rice style and every women in this country needs to find Rog's house and knock him unconscious when he opens the door.

What is going on with Ahmad Brooks admitting he came into camp out of shape??? "I'm 30 now and can't eat like I used to". If I'm Fangio I'm pissed you know Aldon will miss some time early on and you know Bowman is out don't you think we need you even more. What happens if you pull a hamstring week 1??? No foresight. You already got paid I guess. You only come into camp in elite shape if it's a contract year I guess. Somehow I can't see Willis saying I haven't been eating right I better drop some weight before the season starts in two weeks. Come on man we need you to be the player you were in the playoffs last year especially early on.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It smells political.

Me too.. i want to be wrong but something just isn't right about this. It sure is taking a while and RG is up to something.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Aug 26, 2014 at 10:21 PM ]
Josh Gordon -suspended for 1 year after appeal.

How does that bode for Aldon?

Obviously Aldon should receive some punishment for all the stupid stuff he's done but I don't see it happening this weekend because supposedly a decision on Josh Gordon's appeal was just made so that will likely be the first one. It wouldn't surprise me if Aldon's suspension is announced the Fri before the season opener vs Dallas and effective immediately. If it's 6+ games then I'm sure it would be appealed and he'll probably play week 1 after all. The thing is Ray Rice's susp. came over a month after his meeting with Adolf Goodell and it's coming up on 3 weeks since Aldon's interrogation so 2 Fridays from now to announce his suspension sounds about right. Honestly I don't know what the hell to think.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Obviously Aldon should receive some punishment for all the stupid stuff he's done but I don't see it happening this weekend because supposedly a decision on Josh Gordon's appeal was just made so that will likely be the first one. It wouldn't surprise me if Aldon's suspension is announced the Fri before the season opener vs Dallas and effective immediately. If it's 6+ games then I'm sure it would be appealed and he'll probably play week 1 after all. The thing is Ray Rice's susp. came over a month after his meeting with Adolf Goodell and it's coming up on 3 weeks since Aldon's interrogation so 2 Fridays from now to announce his suspension sounds about right. Honestly I don't know what the hell to think.

P.S. Gordon's decision was just handed down so guess I was wrong on the timing. He is suspended a full year. Maybe Aldon's will be announced on Friday.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

No affect at all . Josh Gordon was being punished under the NFL's drug policy. Which has layed out rules and steps for failing drug tests and it's been collectively bargained with the union. Aldon is under personal conduct policy like Ray Rice. Roger has all the power on this one. As much as folks want to excuse Josh just b/c it was weed you can't fail 3 tests and continue to play. Not to mention being caught with weed twice at Baylor. Aldon has more leeway involved in his punishment. It's really all on roger and thier really aren't any guidelines to go by. Especially with Aldon already missing 5 games.
[ Edited by lamontb on Aug 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM ]
Now that Goodell has ruled on the Gordon situation, Aldon has to be next. I'm expecting it to be announced this Friday (hopefully). *gulp*
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

No affect at all . Josh Gordon was being punished under the NFL's drug policy. Which has layed out rules and steps for failing drug tests and it's been collectively bargained with the union. Aldon is under personal conduct policy like Ray Rice. Roger has all the power on this one. As much as folks want to excuse Josh just b/c it was weed you can't fail 3 tests and continue to play. Not to mention being caught with weed twice at Baylor. Aldon has more leeway involved in his punishment. It's really all on roger and thier really arne't any guidelines to go by. Especially with Aldon has already missed 5 games.

Yup. Gordon knows the rules (regardless of how stupid the fans might think they are) and is a multiple time violator of the league's drug policy. Not to mention Gordon was arrested in the middle of his appeal and has a pending DUI charge . Nail in the coffin, any chance he had of winning that appeal went up in smokes if the league offices were even considering scaling back his suspension in the first place.
Share 49ersWebzone