There are 150 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Matt Prader gets 4 games for a repeat DUI, but it was rumored that it was going to be a year long suspension that was reduced down to 4 games. Wonder how this impacts Aldon's case?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26394817/matt-prater-suspended-by-nfl-first-four-games
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Matt Prader gets 4 games for a repeat DUI, but it was rumored that it was going to be a year long suspension that was reduced down to 4 games. Wonder how this impacts Aldon's case?

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26394817/matt-prater-suspended-by-nfl-first-four-games

Not bad for Aldon since he asked for help and missed 5 games
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Not bad for Aldon since he asked for help and missed 5 games

This, if Goodell doesn't AT LEAST honor the rehab games on a one-to-one ratio, no players would ever go to rehab again. If he wants to "correct the behavior," he needs to provide incentive to actively seek help, like a 1.5 or 2:1 ratio.
he wrecks s**t
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
aldon will get 2 games, 4 TOPS.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Can't stand to hear national announcers act like the Niners are expecting 8 games. WTF?!

That was reported from the Niners camp though. Just repeating headlines. But holy s**t is Joe Buck horrible to listen to.
The 5 games he missed in rehab last year has got to count for something. It's like being suspended for 2 seasons. Come on Goodell. Time to make a decision. He's putting us in a bad way by putting this off for so long.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The 5 games he missed in rehab last year has got to count for something. It's like being suspended for 2 seasons. Come on Goodell. Time to make a decision. He's putting us in a bad way by putting this off for so long.

Goodell taking his sweet time is impacting how our team plans for the season and punishing the fans as well by keeping us in limbo. At the end of the day anything over 2 real games missed is overkill (taking his missed games/rehab into account). My fear is they'll overcompensate for the Rice f**k up. This should have been decided/announced right after the court process was over.
Originally posted by Phil:
Goodell taking his sweet time is impacting how our team plans for the season and punishing the fans as well by keeping us in limbo. At the end of the day anything over 2 real games missed is overkill (taking his missed games/rehab into account). My fear is they'll overcompensate for the Rice f**k up. This should have been decided/announced right after the court process was over.

I think the team has been preparing all offseason for Aldons absence. If that haven't then they're not doing their job. It is b******t that Goodell is waiting this long. I really have no idea why he would do this. It makes no sense unless he's waiting on Aldon to mess up so it can make the hammerfist much easier to lay down. I think he gets 4 games at minimum. Too many things have happened from the gun charges, DUI, and the airport fiasco. It may not make sense but anything less then 4 games and the media will make him look ridiculous.
[ Edited by eonblue on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:50 AM ]

Originally posted by eonblue:
I think the team has been preparing all offseason for Aldons absence. If that haven't then they're not doing their job. It is b******t that Goodell is waiting this long. I really have no idea why he would do this. It makes no sense unless he's waiting on Aldon to mess up so it can make the hammerfist much easier to lay down. I think he gets 4 games at minimum. Too many things have happened from the gun charges, DUI, and the airport fiasco. It may not make sense but anything less then 4 games and the media will make him look ridiculous.

DUI he has corrected by doing rehab in season for five games. No one I can think of has done that. LAX is dead and the NFLPA and his attorney would eat Goodell alive for something the DA found to be baseless. The guns are all that's left and even those were obviously a mistake on Aldons part which is why they were reduced to misdemeanors. He obviously did not know otherwise he wouldn't have allowed a search of his home without a warrant before he could button those weapons. He has been nonviolent but has made a few poor and in the case of the DUI dangerous decisions. A couple games is all required considering the steps Aldon has taken in trying to correct his behavior
OK - Non "suspension pending" question. A question about his play.

I keep hearing how AS is an absolute animal in Camp and near unstoppable. Making Staley look silly at times, etc.

I sure haven't seen it in the actual preseason games (admittedly a limited number of snaps). I see him getting late pressure at times, but nothing that's very impressive. I don't think anybody else is seeing much either, as he isn't being mentioned as a "winner" in the winner-loser" threads.

Is it strictly because he is being held back? Limited scheming? Minimal stunts? "Don't get injured at all costs"?

Or is it something else?
Originally posted by socal9er42:
OK - Non "suspension pending" question. A question about his play.

Or is it something else?

Staley has been good this pre-season but the players next to Staley have been playing poorly. Maybe that something else is our O-line is playing bad and Aldon looks unstoppable in practice but when he goes against a line playing cohesively in pre-season they get 1 or 2 guys to stop him.
We don't have to worry about aldon smith play people.... That dude is real
We better here something today so we can make adjustments before the season starts
Share 49ersWebzone