There are 271 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Aldon is angry with Baalke (pored ice cold water all over him)....

Screw Goodell (taking his precious time) .... someone should douse him with hot ass water!
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
So you are against rehabilitation for recovering alcoholics then? Man, its rehab! Of course he learned something in 5 weeks rehab or else folk wouldn't rehab! This is ridiculous! And Aldon is serving out his penalty under the limits of the law. He ain't escaping nothing that he should not have

Of course I'm not against rehab'. I'm all for any boozehound going to rehab'. I'm all for judges mandating going to rehab'.

What I'm not for is having rehab' excuse people from all of the other consequences of getting a DUI (especially when you get into a wreck when you're drunk). One of those consequences, if you're an NFL player, is to be suspended. And most importantly: LOSE GAME CHECKS. That's the only punishment NFL players respect. Hit 'em in the wallet and they pay attention.

The 49ers levy the loss of game checks against their players; only the NFL can do that.

I think they should fine them money and let them play so the fans aren't punished. Fine them a substantial amount of money depending on how much they make. if they make 10 million in one year then take 50%. A 50% reduction in pay will stop most sane people from drinking and driving. if they still do it then they really do need rehab.
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSilverFox1971:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
what the f**k is lord goodell waiting for?

announce the damn punishment already

THIS!!!

^ That

It's punishing the fans even more keeping us in limbo.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I've been sending weekly emails to Florio about how he is the worst journalist on PFT or anywhere for that matter. I'm excited to see smith get suspended for less than what he reported so I can add another claim to his list of bogus "insider information"

*~}# you Florio

Florio is a str8 b*tch he know if he opened up a Twitter account the fans would eat him up alive. A complete a$$ i tell ya!!
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Drunk driving is criminal. You cannot downplay that. If there was a kid in his path he coulda been killed that day. Had a cousin killed by a drunk driver. I don't think aldon is a bad dude. Just makes stupid decisions. Glad he's sober. I think a four game suspension is fair. But anything 8 or less wouldn't surprise me. Even though he had paid medical leave when he went to rehab, I think that will be a factor.

Let me try...

Ray McDonald got a DUI.
Jeff Garcia got a DUI.
Marshawn Lynch got a DUI.
John Abraham
Josh Gordon
Sean Smith
Fred Davis
Spencer Ware
Erin Henderson
Jerome Simpson
D.C. Jefferson
Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Alfonzo Dennard
Evan Rodriguez
Joe Morgan
Quentin Saulsberry
Armonty Bryant
Brandon Barden
Trumaine Johnson
Al Netter
Josh Brent
Demarcus Dobbs
Kenny Britt
Donald Washington
Robert Quinn
Aaron Berry
David Diehl
Justin Blackmon
Jerome Felton
Nick Fairley
Brandon Meriweather
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Knowshon Moreno
Tyrell Johnson
Matt Prater
Paul Hubbard - And this guy also hit the police officer
Hines Ward
Corey Williams
Antwan Applewhite
Michael Bush
Joe Joseph
Sergio Kindle
Mike Williams
Raheem Brock
D.J. Williams
Dwayne Jarrett
Braylon Edwards
Fili Moala
Gerard Lawson
Quinton Ganther
Joey Porter
Ronnie Brown
Spencer Havner
Will Allen
Byron Westbrook
Rey Maualuga
Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Donte Stallworth - He killed someone with his DUI. So the NFL suspended him for it.
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

The list goes on and on...

That was barely 10% of the list. Many of those players had MULTIPLE DUI's and/or other arrests. VERY FEW were ever suspended by the NFL. So yeah, obviously, Aldon Smith is being suspended for his DUI's. Or perhaps...

NOT.

Aldon is being suspended because the FANS want something bad to happen to the 49ers. Goodell is appealing to those outcries.
It is a classic which hunt, where the town has had a run of bad luck, and that pretty lady on the hill, who everybody else is jealous of in their miserable little existences, are going to burn at the stake simply because they have the slightest excuse they can find.

We were a dynasty for 20+ years. That created a ton of rage and jealousy, now we are back, with one of the best new coaches in a generation, which some of the best young talent in generations, competing again like a dynasty. With a new, once in a generation quarterback who we just signed, who is well-liked by most non-football fans, and is hated to death by everyone who hates the 49ers.
Aldon Smith's MISDEMEANORS are these pathetic louts way of letting out their anger for the fact that we are BACK.

It is truly pathetic.

But perhaps the most sad thing of all, is the fact that many of our own fans, have also been caught up in this popular uprising against their own team. They side against Aldon Smith, because perhaps they are embarrassed on a subconscious level; embarrassed by the riches this team has once again obtained, and deep down, they are willing to let Aldon Smith take 50 lashes if it keeps the rest of the NFL fan base off our backs for a little while.

Aldon Smith's UNPRECEDENTED suspension is one of the most grotesque display's of cowardice and witch hunt politics the NFL has ever endured.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.
Never sexually assaulted a woman.
Never took a banned substance.
Never took an illegal substance.
Never on legal or NFL probation.

EVERY OTHER PLAYER who as been suspended by the league for four games or more has committed one or multiple combinations of the above.

Aldon Smith will be the first player to be suspended by the league for four or more games without having committed a single one of the above execrable acts.

THE FIRST.

(Not directed to the above poster)
So you tell me what this is about? Please! PLEASE. Anybody? Can you?
No. You cannot.
Only the pitchfork wielding mob can. And they're not interested in talking, nor do they want justice. They just want to see the pretty girl burned at the stake.

PATHETIC.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I've been sending weekly emails to Florio about how he is the worst journalist on PFT or anywhere for that matter. I'm excited to see smith get suspended for less than what he reported so I can add another claim to his list of bogus "insider information"

*~}# you Florio

Florio is a str8 b*tch he know if he opened up a Twitter account the fans would eat him up alive. A complete a$$ i tell ya!!

Florio is the ugliest lady in town, who is foaming at the mouth to see the pretty girl burn.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Let me try...

Ray McDonald got a DUI.
Jeff Garcia got a DUI.
John Abraham
Josh Gordon
Sean Smith
Fred Davis
Spencer Ware
Erin Henderson
Jerome Simpson
D.C. Jefferson
Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Alfonzo Dennard
Evan Rodriguez
Joe Morgan
Quentin Saulsberry
Armonty Bryant
Brandon Barden
Trumaine Johnson
Al Netter
Josh Brent
Demarcus Dobbs
Kenny Britt
Donald Washington
Robert Quinn
Aaron Berry
David Diehl
Justin Blackmon
Jerome Felton
Nick Fairley
Brandon Meriweather
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Knowshon Moreno
Tyrell Johnson
Matt Prater
Hines Ward
Corey Williams
Antwan Applewhite
Michael Bush
Joe Joseph
Sergio Kindle
Mike Williams
Raheem Brock
D.J. Williams
Dwayne Jarrett
Braylon Edwards
Fili Moala
Gerard Lawson
Quinton Ganther
Joey Porter
Ronnie Brown
Spencer Havner
Will Allen
Byron Westbrook
Rey Maualuga
Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Donte Stallworth - He killed someone with his DUI. So the NFL suspended him for it.
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

That was barely 10% of the list. Many of those players had MULTIPLE DUI's and/or other arrests. VERY FEW were ever suspended by the NFL. So yeah, obviously, Aldon Smith is being suspended for his DUI's. Or perhaps...

NOT.

Aldon is being suspended because the FANS want something bad to happen to the 49ers. Goodell is appealing to those outcries.
It is a classic which hunt, where the town has had a run of bad luck, and that pretty lady on the hill, who everybody else is jealous of in their miserable little existences, are going to burn at the stake simply because they have the slightest excuse they can find.

We were a dynasty for 20+ years. That created a ton of rage and jealousy, now we are back, with one of the best new coaches in a generation, which some of the best young talent in generations, competing again like a dynasty. With a new, once in a generation quarterback who we just signed, who is well-liked by most non-football fans, and is hated to death by everyone who hates the 49ers.
Aldon Smith's MISDEMEANORS are these pathetic louts way of letting out their anger for the fact that we are BACK.

It is truly pathetic.

But perhaps the most sad thing of all, is the fact that many of our own fans, have also been caught up in this popular uprising against their own team. They side against Aldon Smith, because perhaps they are embarrassed on a subconscious level; embarrassed by the riches this team has once again obtained, and deep down, they are willing to let Aldon Smith take 50 lashes if it keeps the rest of the NFL fan base off our backs for a little while.

Aldon Smith's UNPRECEDENTED suspension is one of the most grotesque display's of cowardice and witch hunt politics the NFL has ever endured.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.

EVERY OTHER PLAYER who as been suspended by the league for four games or more has committed one or multiple combinations of the above.

Aldon Smith will be the first player to be suspended by the league for four or more games without having committed a single one of the above execrable acts.

THE FIRST.

No. You cannot.
Only the pitchfork wielding mob can. And they're not interested in talking, nor do they want justice. They just want to see the pretty girl burned at the stake.

PATHETIC.
Dude! This is awesome! You are passionate indeed but you make great points. Gives me a lot to think about. Then when you think about what Aldon did to try and correct his disease and behavior on top of the legal punishment he has received you wonder why everyone is ganging up on Aldon and why he is getting all the headlines when others have done much worse things over the course of the year?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Let me try...

Ray McDonald got a DUI.
Jeff Garcia got a DUI.
John Abraham
Josh Gordon
Sean Smith
Fred Davis
Spencer Ware
Erin Henderson
Jerome Simpson
D.C. Jefferson
Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Alfonzo Dennard
Evan Rodriguez
Joe Morgan
Quentin Saulsberry
Armonty Bryant
Brandon Barden
Trumaine Johnson
Al Netter
Josh Brent
Demarcus Dobbs
Kenny Britt
Donald Washington
Robert Quinn
Aaron Berry
David Diehl
Justin Blackmon
Jerome Felton
Nick Fairley
Brandon Meriweather
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Knowshon Moreno
Tyrell Johnson
Matt Prater
Hines Ward
Corey Williams
Antwan Applewhite
Michael Bush
Joe Joseph
Sergio Kindle
Mike Williams
Raheem Brock
D.J. Williams
Dwayne Jarrett
Braylon Edwards
Fili Moala
Gerard Lawson
Quinton Ganther
Joey Porter
Ronnie Brown
Spencer Havner
Will Allen
Byron Westbrook
Rey Maualuga
Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

NOT.

It is truly pathetic.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.

THE FIRST.

No. You cannot.

PATHETIC.
Dude! This is awesome! You are passionate indeed but you make great points. Gives me a lot to think about. Then when you think about what Aldon did to try and correct his disease and behavior on top of the legal punishment he has received you wonder why everyone is ganging up on Aldon and why he is getting all the headlines when others have done much worse things over the course of the year?

Headlines of the "Star Linebacker Involved in Stabbing, Charged For Possession Of Illegal Firearms Who Fell Asleep While Driving Under The Influence and Hit a Tree Makes Bomb Threat At LAX" nature tend to draw a lot of negative attention. For that reason alone, Aldon's probably going to get hit hard. No homer.
[ Edited by PrisonOfGlass on Aug 14, 2014 at 5:02 AM ]
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Headlines of the "Star Linebacker Involved in Stabbing, Charged For Possession Of Illegal Firearms Who Fell Asleep While Driving Under The Influence and Hit a Tree Makes Bomb Threat At LAX" nature tend to draw a lot of negative attention. For that reason alone, Aldon's probably going to get hit hard. No homer.

How much of this was he convicted of? Convictions are the basis of the commish's decisions, not TMZ headlines.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

How much of this was he convicted of? Convictions are the basis of the commish's decisions, not TMZ headlines.

I've never been an NFL commissioner but I would take the actions of the player and how they reflect on the Brand into consideration over the aptitude of his lawyer.

I've never been an NFL commissioner but I would take the actions of the player and how they reflect on the Brand into consideration over the aptitude of his lawyer.
What punishment would you have given Rice?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
As an employer shouldn't possible suspensions be included or mentioned in contacts, or are they?
Originally posted by leebert81:
What punishment would you have given Rice?

I think Rice's punishment was lenient but, keeping in line with that mindset, I say Aldon should get 4+ games. Every one of his transgressions scream "Menace to society". That may not be the case but that's the nature of the crimes and I think it looks worse on paper than a domestic dispute.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith had 4+ incidents very close together, some of the stupid things he did he didn't even get charged for. A select few in here really down play what he did, almost acting like everything was no big deal. Drunk and hit a tree? Recklessly firing a gun in the air in city limits? From some of the posts acting like those were no big deal I think Aldon's mom and grandma are posters in this thread. Somebody could have gotten seriously hurt. Hopefully rehab helped and he won't be repeating episodes of drunk and stupid.
I think Rice's punishment was lenient but, keeping in line with that mindset, I say Aldon should get 4+ games. Every one of his transgressions scream "Menace to society". That may not be the case but that's the nature of the crimes and I think it looks worse on paper than a domestic dispute.

Then go watch the video of Ray Rice dragging that beautiful girl out of that elevator unconscious
Share 49ersWebzone