LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by buck:
Smith, 24, entering his fourth season, could be primed for a career year after he's averaged the most sacks per game (0.98) in NFL history since they became an official statistic in 1982.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/08/11/aldon-smith-dominating-with-suspension-looming/

He's unblockable at this point.

Come on Goodell you b***h ass the suspense is killing me. Make a "ruling" on this s**t NAO!

We're all along for the ride... Hopefully Aldon rights the ship, but it's obvious that he's too damn talented to let go, so we're all along for the ride

Originally posted by buck:
Smith, 24, entering his fourth season, could be primed for a career year after he's averaged the most sacks per game (0.98) in NFL history since they became an official statistic in 1982.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/08/11/aldon-smith-dominating-with-suspension-looming/

He's unblockable at this point.

Come on Goodell you b***h ass the suspense is killing me. Make a "ruling" on this s**t NAO!

I can't disagree with this. Goodell already knows what he will decide to do. He doesn't need to hold us hostage by dragging this out. Just make the ruling. This guys loves the attention and loves to make things about himself.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I could not stomach him wearing another jersey sacking kap..

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why didn't he suspend Jim Irsay for his DUI?!!

Because he's a part of the "gentleman's club."

You don't suspend gentleman. Or send them to war. Or put them in real prisons. What kind of animal are you?

I wouldn't trade Aldon for 2 first rounders. Seriously.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Makes sense when you consider most top picks are either a passer or pass rusher. We have both of those franchise altering positions filled all in the same draft
That vid is AWESOME!! Damn he's good! Keep it together Aldon! We need you!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Aldon is priceless. I think you'd have to get up into Herschel Walker trade territory for it to make sense.
[ Edited by Disp on Aug 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

most impressive play of that vid, 1:20.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Why didn't he suspend Jim Irsay for his DUI?!!

Because he's a part of the "gentleman's club."

You don't suspend gentleman. Or send them to war. Or put them in real prisons. What kind of animal are you?

BS. I went to war with a bunch of gentlemen.

just kidding. We were a rotten bunch of b*****ds, lol.
I wish they'd announce the punishment already. I hate waiting for the other shoe to drop. Driving me nuts . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I wish they'd announce the punishment already. I hate waiting for the other shoe to drop. Driving me nuts . . .

I hope the reason Goodell is taking so long to announce his punishment is that he's having a change of heart dropping the hammer on Aldon and decides to let him off the hook!

But of course that won't happen.
FWIW - ESPN's Adam Schefter just said he expects a decision this week and the consensus of the people he has talked to is six game suspension, give or take...

Seems high to me. I still say 2-4.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
FWIW - ESPN's Adam Schefter just said he expects a decision this week and the consensus of the people he has talked to is six game suspension, give or take...

Seems high to me. I still say 2-4.

Yeah, but 6 games with the possibility to knock it down to 4 games seems fair to me.
Share 49ersWebzone