LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 170 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by tab420:
It's funny how many people think it's great if all the charges get dropped and he signs a big contract. That's two slaps on the hand and here's your money. You cant show someone who already has a I don't give a f*** attitude that he's above the law. The best thing that could happen to Alden and the Niner's would be to not pick up the option and make him prove he's staying out of trouble. You think he's bad now? Send him a message that he can get away with anything and then give him a reason to go celebrate.

lol do you even 9ers ?

He has a point, Aldon needs to have some sort of wake up call... Like, maybe a STD and bad haircut.
He has learned his lesson on the second DUI, getting upset at the airport is nothing. He doesn't have a IDGAF attitude or above the Law whatever.

It doesn't matter what Aldon's attitude is, the fact if the matter remains that he has exceptional skills and therefore will be treated differently. Life isn't fair, get over it.

You can try to gloss it over however you want, and justify his actions somehow because of his talent. He is proving time and again that he doesn't get it, and I am pretty sure he is an alcoholic. Unless he can get control of the latter, he will keep repeating the former. I get that you can't just dump talent without trying to help the person, but if he keeps getting introduced to the police ... at some point the bad will outweigh the good. And if you are not an alcoholic or substance abuser, then you don't know what you are talking about. He will have to fight for sobriety for the rest of his life, and stay forever diligent. Let's hope he can ... moreso for the man himself than the football player.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
You can try to gloss it over however you want, and justify his actions somehow because of his talent. He is proving time and again that he doesn't get it, and I am pretty sure he is an alcoholic. Unless he can get control of the latter, he will keep repeating the former. I get that you can't just dump talent without trying to help the person, but if he keeps getting introduced to the police ... at some point the bad will outweigh the good. And if you are not an alcoholic or substance abuser, then you don't know what you are talking about. He will have to fight for sobriety for the rest of his life, and stay forever diligent. Let's hope he can ... moreso for the man himself than the football player.

From the human perspective, yes he will have to battle his demons probably throughout his life. But in regards to this team, he still represents more value even with his off-the-field stuff than his replacement. I wasn't denying it marginalizing his substance issues, but stating that his leash is larger than most.
It's funny how many people think it's great if all the charges get dropped and he signs a big contract. That's two slaps on the hand and here's your money. You cant show someone who already has a I don't give a f*** attitude that he's above the law. The best thing that could happen to Alden and the Niner's would be to not pick up the option and make him prove he's staying out of trouble. You think he's bad now? Send him a message that he can get away with anything and then give him a reason to go celebrate.

lol do you even 9ers ?

He has a point, Aldon needs to have some sort of wake up call... Like, maybe a STD and bad haircut.
He has learned his lesson on the second DUI, getting upset at the airport is nothing. He doesn't have a IDGAF attitude or above the Law whatever.

It doesn't matter what Aldon's attitude is, the fact if the matter remains that he has exceptional skills and therefore will be treated differently. Life isn't fair, get over it.
get over what

I was agreeing with you, commenting on tap420
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

lol do you even 9ers ?

how do you know he's an alcoholic ?

how do you know what he does away from football ?

Gues what...You don't ?
I don't think he'll be charged. LA DA is requesting more info (can't imagine why ALL wasn't stated in arrest report) but then will realize Aldon was just being an ass and TSA went all Tackleberry on him.

Gues what...You don't ?

Maybe because he checked himself into a rehab center after a DUI? Just a guess.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Gues what...You don't ?

He and 49ers had did that for NFL reasons and precautionary reasons.

no one knows how he is, He could be a light weight and the two DUIs were the only time he drank. who knows...there isn;t one shred of evidence that he has a drinking problem other then he had too much to drink on those days.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like both were pleaded out on structured settlements (to 2 different plantiffs). This means he's not admitting guilt or wrong-doing but settled to make that part, "go away." This means since he's already taken action, they will probably be dropped (if they hadn't been already).

Those were civil settlements though, which doesn't have anything to do with the criminal courts.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
I don't think he'll be charged. LA DA is requesting more info (can't imagine why ALL wasn't stated in arrest report) but then will realize Aldon was just being an ass and TSA went all Tackleberry on him.

Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm not 100% sure but it sounded like both were pleaded out on structured settlements (to 2 different plantiffs). This means he's not admitting guilt or wrong-doing but settled to make that part, "go away." This means since he's already taken action, they will probably be dropped (if they hadn't been already).

Those were civil settlements though, which doesn't have anything to do with the criminal courts.

Gotcha. But as a result, they help his overall case don't they...sort of sends the message that, "No harm, no foul. Resolved. Let's move on to the misdemenor which is obviously a big misunderstanding."

That would do it...lol
I hope Aldon turns things Around in his Life and I also hope the 49ers pick up his 2015 option. We need this guy to produce as he has his 1st 3 years but we also need him to live a clean, happy healthy life too.
Originally posted by socal9er42:

Gues what...You don't ?

And that was his 2nd DUI
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
I hope Aldon turns things Around in his Life and I also hope the 49ers pick up his 2015 option. We need this guy to produce as he has his 1st 3 years but we also need him to live a clean, happy healthy life too.

Just sprint off the field Aldon, and set your helmet down quickly and rest on the bench, hands on knees. You'll be alright, son!
Share 49ersWebzone