LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arson:
He is only facing a misdermeanor as max in LA, if even charged at all, i put up the "infraction" because somebody asked what is less then a misdermeanor!!!

I raised the question about what was below a misdemeanor in a criminal case.

I said that I was not sure, but I thought in criminal cases there were felonies and misdemeanors.

I still think that is true.

Now, if Aldon could be charged with an infraction, that would be great--definitely better than a misdemeanor.

By the way, how do you know he paid in cash.

He could have paid a bail bondsman because it was faster and more convenient.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 28, 2014 at 10:17 PM ]
Eric Branch @Eric_Branch. 47s
Per Santa Clara County Superior Court web site, #49ers Aldon Smith has hearing at 2:30 p.m. today for DUI/weapons charges
Originally posted by BobS:
How can you combine two cases that happened at different times and were unrelated?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
How can you combine two cases that happened at different times and were unrelated?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Handled at the same time, treated differently
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could just be that the two different cases are just on calendar at the same time, so they can be addressed at the same time and a resolution negotiated that takes care of both of them at once.

Unless they are the same class of crime, two cases usually cannot be combined into one for trial.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Could just be that the two different cases are just on calendar at the same time, so they can be addressed at the same time and a resolution negotiated that takes care of both of them at once.

Unless they are the same class of crime, two cases usually cannot be combined into one for trial.

Is the proceeding today, a hearing or a trail?

I do not think a trial and a hearing are the same.

It sure looks like there is an agreement to deal with the DUI, a misdemeanor, and the gun charges, felonies, in the same proceeding today.

I am going to guess that the Judge, the DA, and the defense attorney know more than I do about what is permissible.

Just a guess,
Originally posted by buck:
Is the proceeding today, a hearing or a trail?

I do not think a trial and a hearing are the same.

It sure looks like there is an agreement to deal with the DUI, a misdemeanor, and the gun charges, felonies, in the same proceeding today.

I am going to guess that the Judge, the DA, and the defense attorney know more than I do about what is permissible.

Just a guess,

Per the article by Matt Beerows, today is a "status conference," meaning there will be no evidence formally presented to any fact finder, no witnesses or anything like that.

Probably some discussion about resolution, plea bargaining, will take place. Unlikely that any actual plea will be entered today, though.
I hope we get some info on what is taking place right now and what we can expect to happen in the future.
According to Maiocco L.A. City Attorneys office asks for more info on Aldons LAX case stating that they want to leave "no stone unturned".
[ Edited by ModestoNiner33 on Apr 29, 2014 at 3:10 PM ]
According to Maiocco L.A. City Attorneys office asks for more info on Aldons LAX case stating that they want to leave "no stone unturned".

so does that mean that's all that happened? They asked for more info on LAX thing and that essentially delayed everything else? I can't find anything on what happened today.

• buck
  • Veteran

Here is a link to the article.

The Los Angeles City Attorney's office has requested more information from law enforcement before determining whether to file formal charges against 49ers star player Aldon Smith.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-city-attorney-requests-more-information-smiths-airport-incident

Not sure what this means, but I do not trust district attorneys very much,

What happened at his trial today?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 2m No resolution in Aldon Smith court case today. New court date is May 12. Possible there's a plea bargain in coming weeks, but not guaranteed
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

God dammit .. just get this s**t over with.
Share 49ersWebzone