There are 171 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
http://ninerfans.com/49ers-gm-trent-baalke-may-pick-up-aldon-smiths-option/

May? I think its happening. They better

i think they will or like the article says, give them a bit more room and do something down the road as aldon straightens himself out. i know we have to go by what people do and not what they say but i was just very gratified he did that interview today and expressed his support for aldon and the entire team. I know the reason they can not or hesitate to talk to the media in things like this but there does come a point where in the absence of leadership, people and fans will believe the rumors. to do that interview and say the things he did was wise and calmed things down a bit,,, plus i think everyone calmed down once they found out ck and aldon were in niner headquarters this week... had they not been,,that would not have been a good situation
I get that fans are easy to deceive but for me I was warned on the zone about Kawakami Killion Cohn and others in Bay Area media and I must say none of the bullish** they report surprises me now. I have learned to use common sense and trust that our front office execs aren't complete morons. We all knew all along that it was bad business to let Aldon reach his contract year as early as this season when we had the option not to. We have the option to keep him at no risk in 2015 at a discounted rate for 2015 as well giving us more time to evaluate and extend him long term if we see fit. Now tell me why would we not do this in our sane minds? It made no sense to me and Baalke just confirmed that today that there has been no decision to not take the option as reporting would have us believe. I think we all know deep down we get that option on May 3. Paraag wouldn't have it any other way. Its a can't lose business proposition!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I get that fans are easy to deceive but for me I was warned on the zone about Kawakami Killion Cohn and others in Bay Area media and I must say none of the bullish** they report surprises me now. I have learned to use common sense and trust that our front office execs aren't complete morons. We all knew all along that it was bad business to let Aldon reach his contract year as early as this season when we had the option not to. We have the option to keep him at no risk in 2015 at a discounted rate for 2015 as well giving us more time to evaluate and extend him long term if we see fit. Now tell me why would we not do this in our sane minds? It made no sense to me and Baalke just confirmed that today that there has been no decision to not take the option as reporting would have us believe. I think we all know deep down we get that option on May 3. Paraag wouldn't have it any other way. Its a can't lose business proposition!

I agree, unless we sign him long term it makes total sense to invoke his fifth year option.
That gun charge is bogus. We heard early on that it would probably be used only as leverage to get him to plead to the alcohol related charges. In most of the western states not called California, you walk into a sporting goods store and walk out with an AR-15 ten minutes later after an instant background check, just like any other firearm. They do not have a label on them saying "assault weapon". That's a made up term and there is no common definition that is recognized nationwide. So, if you throw it in your RV or moving van and drive into California, you are now a felon? OK, sure, we are all responsible to know the law, but when you drive into California, they put up signs saying the maximum speed limit for all trailers is 55 mph. You look in your rear view mirror and see your 5th wheel, and slow down. This law requires that your research the laws of a state before you ever head towards it. That's just not reasonable. Aldon bought those guns absolutely legally in Arizona, and I'm sure nobody told him to not cross into California with them. If this was the charge before a jury and he was ignorant of the difference in the AZ and CA laws, I would certainly hope there would be one sane juror out of twelve. There was no intent to break the law, and therefore there should be no guilt.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM ]
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Explain

It looks like he bought the guns AFTER he allready lived in California, also it states he discharged a firearm at his residence(in the air), those are all very hurtful factors:(, some dumb f**k was also walking around the house carrying a ar15(I dont say assault weapon, its a made up word), What he has going in his favor is that he isnt allready a convicted felon, The felony part is probley the huge fight in this case, not jail time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arson:
It looks like he bought the guns AFTER he allready lived in California, also it states he discharged a firearm at his residence(in the air), those are all very hurtful factors:(, some dumb f**k was also walking around the house carrying a ar15(I dont say assault weapon, its a made up word), What he has going in his favor is that he isnt allready a convicted felon, The felony part is probley the huge fight in this case, not jail time.

Do you have links to the information that you are providing?
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49er-Aldon-Smith-hit-with-felony-gun-charges-4882140.php
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ystl-smith-avoids-felony-charges-home-shooting

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ystl-49ers-want-make-smith-part-their-long-term-plans

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49er-Aldon-Smith-hit-with-felony-gun-charges-4882140.php

We got links upon links bro! Aldon will play this year and we will pick up that option!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ystl-smith-avoids-felony-charges-home-shooting

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/ystl-49ers-want-make-smith-part-their-long-term-plans

We got links upon links bro! Aldon will play this year and we will pick up that option!

What i dont understand is how Aldon is the only immature one due to the house party incident, when it was first reported wasnt the party hosted by him and Delanie Walker? I guess working with MADD can erase any stupid youve done and install a permanent halo above your head, because for everyone bashing Aldon about that incident i havent heard anything said about Delanies part in the stupidity.
  • Arson
  • Veteran
It was at Aldons house.

• Arson
  • Veteran
and Aldon is fine from the 49ers side, all we have to worry about is Santa Clara County(I just did about 6 months locked up there, there pos's), and the NFL. What the NFL does will follow suit on what the courts do first, we will know alot more after the 29th.
It was at Aldons house.

So the party being at Aldons house erases any other participents in the stupidities actions?
  • Arson
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
So the party being at Aldons house erases any other participents in the stupidities actions?

Walker wasnt charged with 3 felonies, if he was never charged the incident would be long forgotten.
This guy must have no money left after all he spends on lawyers, out of court settlements, parties, drinking, drugs and guns. He's gotta be totally broke from that rookie contract. He has more lives than a cat......
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
well well well, waddda ya know......

have the charges from LAX been dropped yet?
Share 49ersWebzone