There are 164 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Noone has attacked his character or called him a bad guy per say. Just that he is being an immature dumbass that needs to grow up quick.

The fact is the law and most of the world look at things differantly than the people blindly defending him just because he is "young" or just bacuse he offers something to the super bowl run. I personally dont think supensions are in order yet, but the fact is these things happened in his house.

It doesnt matter if he invited the guys with guns and knives or not. He is liable for what happens at his parties. Same way i am liable if something bad happened at my daughters b-day party and someone got hurt. It is no differant. Have a party accept the consequences.

I have a feeling some of you dont own your own homes, or have enough experiance to understand that spending money on the entertainment of drunkin idiots is not a good investment, Financially, or for someone in the spotlight, politically. Especially when those drunken idiots cost you more from their actions that result in lawsuits than they do from initial cost of the party.

It time to grow up is all people are saying. Choosing not to do so from here on out would be a bad decision.

Calling him an immature dumbass is attacking his character.

Since we have virtually no information about what happened, we owe him every benefit of the doubt at this point. He is not a suspect in any crime. You don't get a say so in what he does with his personal life and neither does the NFL unless he is breaking the law. He doesn't need yours or anyone else's homeowners stamp of approval either. If he wants to host parties at his home and spend his own money to do so then thats his choice. If he does become a suspect in a crime, or his on the field production falls off a cliff, or someone formally presses charges against Aldon Smith then you obviously have a point but right now the only thing 49ers fans should be concerned with is that he escaped the incident healthy.

The comment about me or others not having a realistic perspective because we don't (your assumption) own homes (incorrect) is completely off base. Its not a matter of whether or not hosting parties or spending money to entertain friends is "smart" by yours or anyone else's definition. The point is he has every right to do whatever he wants within the law whether you approve or not.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Calling him an immature dumbass is attacking his character.

Since we have virtually no information about what happened, we owe him every benefit of the doubt at this point. He is not a suspect in any crime. You don't get a say so in what he does with his personal life and neither does the NFL unless he is breaking the law. He doesn't need yours or anyone else's homeowners stamp of approval either. If he wants to host parties at his home and spend his own money to do so then thats his choice. If he does become a suspect in a crime, or his on the field production falls off a cliff, or someone formally presses charges against Aldon Smith then you obviously have a point but right now the only thing 49ers fans should be concerned with is that he escaped the incident healthy.

The comment about me or others not having a realistic perspective because we don't (your assumption) own homes (incorrect) is completely off base. Its not a matter of whether or not hosting parties or spending money to entertain friends is "smart" by yours or anyone else's definition. The point is he has every right to do whatever he wants within the law whether you approve or not.

In one off season he has managed to get a DUI (not sure if the charges stuck) and got stabbed. If this was a player from Detroit everybody would be talking s**t.

Is he young, yes. Does he need to grow up, yes. Can these actions create further problems, yes.

When you have money and are popular sometimes bad influences can spring up, he needs to get his s**t straight before something worse happens. After this season the next step would be a gunshot wound or serious drug offense. For his sake and the teams future I hope he reevaluates the situations he is getting into.
Its called taking responsibility for ones actions. He chose to have a party. Two people besides him got hurt. It is his responsibility to ensure the safety of his guests. He may not be criminally liable but he certainly is financially liable. Noone owes Aldon the benefit of anything. If anything Aldon owes the team more than s**t publicity he brought twice this offseason. Most people would say it was an extremely poor choice regardless of anyone getting hurt. Its time to grow up.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Its called taking responsibility for ones actions. He chose to have a party. Two people besides him got hurt. It is his responsibility to ensure the safety of his guests. He may not be criminally liable but he certainly is financially liable. Noone owes Aldon the benefit of anything. If anything Aldon owes the team more than s**t publicity he brought twice this offseason. Most people would say it was an extremely poor choice regardless of anyone getting hurt. Its time to grow up.

This exactly. If you're going to be one of the top pass-rushers in the NFL you need to act like it
I will also add the reason people are so concerned about Aldon is because he has the potential to be one of the best to ever wear the uniform. These decisions will not help him get there. It is not blind hatred for the kid as some would make it out to be, it is genuine concern for our star OLB.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM ]
My buddy was at the party. It was his boys fault (friends from Missouri ). The started charging $10 per person. Let hella norteño and sureños in. They were abt to fight and Aldon got in the middle of it. But fight started any way Aldon got stabbed. 2 people got shot and Aldon was helping him even though he was bleeding. It's just what I heard. D lay and boobie were also there. He showed me a clip on his cell of them playin beer pong.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
My buddy was at the party. It was his boys fault (friends from Missouri ). The started charging $10 per person. Let hella norteño and sureños in. They were abt to fight and Aldon got in the middle of it. But fight started any way Aldon got stabbed. 2 people got shot and Aldon was helping him even though he was bleeding. It's just what I heard. D lay and boobie were also there. He showed me a clip on his cell of them playin beer pong.

?
Originally posted by jreff22:

?

North n south i think. Totally gang related, i think those were the same gangs who were involed with the shooting at the stick
Why is Aldons entourage letting him drive drunk? One of them should be his designated driver every night he goes out and wants to get a drink.

If I had a sugar daddy like them I would try and keep him safe
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Why is Aldons entourage letting him drive drunk? One of them should be his designated driver every night he goes out and wants to get a drink.

Well it was dismissed so

Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Well it was dismissed so

so.....

he can drive drunk again until he gets caught? or he can get those kids in the house to be his staff to protect his potential empire. If he gets over 11 sacks a year his next contract may be the biggest defensive contract of all time ....over $100 million easily if he keeps these number s up

?
square.

Edit: Two rival mexican food restraunts. Like Chipolte vs Chevy's

Second Edit: I can't believe they would let gang bangers into the party....That is beyond poor judgment on many levels. First off, you dont let strangers into your house when you are a rising NFL star, especially bangers.

Its Aldons fault all the away around. You dont let your boy make the calls on who is in and out. Wait until your off the Niners to promote Club Aldon.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 4, 2012 at 7:48 AM ]
My buddy was at the party. It was his boys fault (friends from Missouri ). The started charging $10 per person. Let hella norte�o and sure�os in. They were abt to fight and Aldon got in the middle of it. But fight started any way Aldon got stabbed. 2 people got shot and Aldon was helping him even though he was bleeding. It's just what I heard. D lay and boobie were also there. He showed me a clip on his cell of them playin beer pong.

?

I heard it was irsraelies and the Palestinians
  • Jiks
How many nights in a row is Aldon gonna get stabbed now? It's been every night the past 4-5 nights.
It's about time for that comment Jiks. Let's get on to something more savory, say something positive? Like # of 49ers in NFL Network top 100? You want to talk about stabbings, go to ERs at any hospital near gangland. You'll get plenty to talk about . Here, it has been beaten to death. Aldon screwed up. Focus on what , how and who is going to help get him on right road. Stabbings? just watch the daily news. C'mon you guys...
Share 49ersWebzone