There are 182 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

All you haters will be mad when we resign this guy
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All you haters will be mad when we re-sign this guy

I don't mean to be an ass. This mistake just bugs me.

Please don't take offense.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

This.
At this point the only thing that Aldon has done that is flat out wrong is drink and drive. Owning an illegal gun, smoking some pot, and drinking are things that people do everyday that have no effect on society. Him getting pissed off at TSA for being screened happens everyday, I see it all the time at airports. It's not like he said "I'ma blow this mfer up." He prob just said in a smart alec tone "Oh yeah I have a bomb on me, screen me." Stupid? Yes. But it does not deserve all this media attention. If it was your next door neighbor it wouldn't have even made a blimp on the medias radar.
Truth is, this alla ploy to sell t shirts. Aldon will move 250K jerseys in a week when he gets arrested. Money goes in to Jeds pockets. Pay for Aldon's extension.

That's what all this crap is about.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:
With all the legal problems hovering around us, we better win the big one soon... Steelers / Ravens did it

All our shiznit doesn't even compare to Raplisburger and Killa Lewis.................

Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.

We better win now, it's our time
Yeah, the Hernandez situation is unbelievable. The guy is a serious gang banger who had a part time job catching passes for the Kraft family. Serious dude who has likely been scratching people for long before he put on a college uniform. But the Pats just shrug therir shoulders and roll their eyes. "How were we to know? Poor us. We wuz lied to."
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
At this point the only thing that Aldon has done that is flat out wrong is drink and drive. Owning an illegal gun, smoking some pot, and drinking are things that people do everyday that have no effect on society. Him getting pissed off at TSA for being screened happens everyday, I see it all the time at airports. It's not like he said "I'ma blow this mfer up." He prob just said in a smart alec tone "Oh yeah I have a bomb on me, screen me." Stupid? Yes. But it does not deserve all this media attention. If it was your next door neighbor it wouldn't have even made a blimp on the medias radar.

I agree. I think he was just being a smart ass when he said it. Moronic? Yes. Shows poor judgement. But people are acting like he's a sadistic f**ker like Aaron Hernandez or something.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
All you haters will be mad when we resign this guy

people who have legit concerns about this guy, people are are just starting to get worn down and am getting tired of his drama and getting tired of some trying to place the blame everywhere else but on smith,,,,,,,, are not haters
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#49ers will proceed carefully on Aldon Smith after LAX situation. I expect them to wait until the last minute to decide on him long-term.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#49ers will proceed carefully on Aldon Smith after LAX situation. I expect them to wait until the last minute to decide on him long-term.
i would to,, make him sweat and make him think, i would take it right up to the final hour
We all know we're opting in
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Unlikely #49ers have enough answers on Aldon Smith by 5/3, deadline to pick up his option. Which is why it's hard to see them picking it up

Believe they'll go year-by-year RT @greebs: @RapSheet The option isn't guaranteed...why not exercise it and decide later whether to pay him

No, #49ers won't cut Smith, given how much they've invested. But also, his salary is guaranteed for 2014, cut would accelerate signing bonus
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 14, 2014 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Simple solution, Ian: Stop breaking the frickin law!!!!!!!

While Aldon was getting arrested for the fortieth time, JJWatt was preparing to host his second annual JJWatt Charity Classic, which is a big event in Houston , donating money to local schools for after school programs. There are tons of good guys in the league doing great things off the field.

Why anyone on this board would support this loser at this point is shocking. Such is the blindness to team loyalty.

What do I tell my young boys about our team? I want my kids growing up cheering for great players who make you proud of your community, not a bunch of felons.

Because he's a Niner, extremely talented, and we want him to succeed. No one is claiming he's a saint, or has shown good judgment, but we're not ready kick him to the curb because he's made mistakes. I'll support whatever the team decides to do, and I'll support Aldon until he is no longer a 49er.

Respect MadDog's opinion, but he never liked the Aldon pick and always wanted Watt over him. The reality is Watt is not a member of this team, and I don't know why he was even mentioned. Aldon is a 49er, extremely talented, and they should explore all avenues to try and help him stay with this team. No reason why he can't succeed as a 49er.

The same people in the media saying they need to cut him to "send a message", are the same people who will be praising him and his next team when he gets back to dominating on the field, while bashing us for letting him go. The media is fickle. You don't cut a player to win points with the media. Those people don't care about the team, they just want to flood the airwaves until the 49ers cut him.

Excellent point. I understand being frustrated with this situation but there's absolutely nothing to gain cutting a player of Aldon's caliber. I like winning far more than gaining the approval buffoons like Skip Bayless, Florio and his guys at PFT, TMZ, and other media talking heads. You're absolutely right, everyone screaming to cut Aldon would be the same ones giving Baalke and the FO hell for getting ridding of him while he's balling out for some other team (while we get worse).

What he allegedly said, it was certainly stupid and moronic but it sounds more like he said it sarcastically out of annoyance and frustration being randomly singled out by the TSA agents. As long as charges aren't pressed, thus (hopefully) Goodell won't find reason to give him a severe suspension...

Exactly. The 49ers should not feel pressured by anyone to cut him. It is their decision. This is a competition, and teams build their brand from having good players and winning. 31 other teams would LOVE to see us cut him, and it has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with weakening our squad.

The 49ers are in control here. MM stated they can pick up his 5th year option on May 3rd, and not be on the hook for the money if they decide to part ways before the start of the next league year in 2015. We can worry about possible extensions or suspensions later. The 49ers should fight like hell alongside Aldon to fix whatever needs fixing, and make sure he's a 49er for a long time.
No, #49ers won’t cut Smith, given how much they’ve invested. But also, his salary is guaranteed for 2014, cut would accelerate signing bonus
Share 49ersWebzone