LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

His extension is gonna be cake now...

gotta look at the bright side
Aldon may have threatened that he had a bomb, but the real truth of the matter is that he IS A BOMB. And he's just waiting to go off at some point. I don't where or how he will implode, but he will directly or indirectly cause the person or persons around him to die once the final fuse has been lit.

I don't care how much talent this guy has. I really don't. I warned you guys the last time that he wasn't done yet and we needed to cleanse our hands of this cancer, and what did I get from you? Nothing short of ridicule. So I ask you, honestly this time, how many chances does this guy get? How many more opportunities? How many times must he piss each chance away before you come the conclusion that, no matter how talented he is, he's just not worth the headache?
Corey Lemonier reading this thread. Book it.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm awaiting the decision on his 5th year option. I think it becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 5th day of the 2015 new league year. Interested to see what they do.

they have to pick it up IMO. they can trade him if he doesn't get his act together and because of all this crap it's not like they can extend his contract long term.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Aldon may have threatened that he had a bomb, but the real truth of the matter is that he IS A BOMB. And he's just waiting to go off at some point. I don't where or how he will implode, but he will directly or indirectly cause the person or persons around him to die once the final fuse has been lit.

I don't care how much talent this guy has. I really don't. I warned you guys the last time that he wasn't done yet and we needed to cleanse our hands of this cancer, and what did I get from you? Nothing short of ridicule. So I ask you, honestly this time, how many chances does this guy get? How many more opportunities? How many times must he piss each chance away before you come the conclusion that, no matter how talented he is, he's just not worth the headache?

Ok so here is more ridicule:

Bill, please!

These things happen daily, hourly. He will get slapped, pay a small price one way or another and that will be that.

Seahawks fans will equate this with their players taking performance enhancing drugs, but no one else will give a sh&t¥t. And why should they?

It's like the Kaepernick situation. Those who don't like the team spin it into rape.

Unless there is way more to either of these than has come out so fat, they will be forgotten by training camp.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

We have no idea how this stuff is going to shake out legally, I'm not saying the following will happen but it sure could so follow me here:

Previous DUI charges get pled down
Weapons charges go away (they were really overblown in the first place, just a permit thing that he had in Missouri and not in Cali)
This charge gets dropped or pled way down

Then what do you have? A guy with a bunch of traffic violations and an alcohol problem. I agree 1000000% this guy has F'd up a lot, but if you put it in perspective, imagine the kind of scrutiny that would have been on Lawrence Taylor had social media been around during his day & many others. Yes he's screwed up, this one was insanely stupid.

At the same time, this is one of the best football players on the planet. He makes our team much better with him on the field, I hate the bad publicity, I hate the fact that we don't know what the commissioner will do in terms of league discipline. In reality, sports are based on talent, young talent to be specific and Aldon is as good at his position as anybody in the NFL. I hope the Niners ride this out, see what happens legally, pick up his 2015 option and really get on his case/monitor him closely, if he shapes up, give him the extension after the 2015 season (or even franchise him for a year) if not, trade him, some team out there will take him.
Originally posted by English:
These things happen daily, hourly. He will get slapped, pay a small price one way or another and that will be that.
I don't think this incident is a big deal, but the fact remains that this is his fourth arrest since 2012. I think he's going to get suspended by Goodell.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by English:
I don't think this incident is a big deal, but the fact remains that this is his fourth arrest since 2012. I think he's going to get suspended by Goodell.
if he was drinking booze you just hope it was a isolated incident in regards to his sobriety. while we still do not know the extent of his chemical abuse situation , he is one of the millions who will fight this battle for the rest of his life. i think people were fooling themselves if they thought he would stay clean and sober for the rest of his life after he got released from rehab. its a disease that he will have forever. even saying bomb in a airport is just beyond stupid and he probably deserves whatever he gets in that regards
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
We have no idea how this stuff is going to shake out legally, I'm not saying the following will happen but it sure could so follow me here:

Previous DUI charges get pled down
Weapons charges go away (they were really overblown in the first place, just a permit thing that he had in Missouri and not in Cali)
This charge gets dropped or pled way down

Then what do you have? A guy with a bunch of traffic violations and an alcohol problem. I agree 1000000% this guy has F'd up a lot, but if you put it in perspective, imagine the kind of scrutiny that would have been on Lawrence Taylor had social media been around during his day & many others. Yes he's screwed up, this one was insanely stupid.

At the same time, this is one of the best football players on the planet. He makes our team much better with him on the field, I hate the bad publicity, I hate the fact that we don't know what the commissioner will do in terms of league discipline. In reality, sports are based on talent, young talent to be specific and Aldon is as good at his position as anybody in the NFL. I hope the Niners ride this out, see what happens legally, pick up his 2015 option and really get on his case/monitor him closely, if he shapes up, give him the extension after the 2015 season (or even franchise him for a year) if not, trade him, some team out there will take him.
The good news is he hasn't killed anybody yet.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
This looks like one of those stupid jokes that goes wrong - other people have done similar if I remember correctly.

Obviously he was joking about having a bomb and I suspect he then got wound up or upset when they treated it seriously.... not sure on US law but I think it is a felony/crime to falsely declare, but I wouln't expect much to come from it.

Very stupid though....
That's how it looks to me, and if it looks like that to the DA and the Judge, it will be penalized accordingly. I hope. Still it's **technically** a violation of that code against not joking around regarding bombs at a security checkpoint at a federal airport. I don't think he'll get away with just a slap on the wrist either.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
The recent legal troubles of Aldon and Colin are a positive for the 49ers. Now we can revolve any new contracts (which will already be a bit lower than prior to these incidents) around legal issues. So when cases like these come up again the 49ers wont be strapped financially with these guys (99% talking about Aldon, 1% colin).

You would think someone like parent, manager, agent etc would tell a guy like COlin........LOOK, you are going to get the fat, juicy contract you have always wanted this off-season. It will set you and your family up for life. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STAY OUT OF THE CLUBS, stay away from drugs, dont drink and drive, and avoid random women in hotel rooms. Just this 1 off season. After you sign the dotted line, do waht you want lol.

Sure, it kinda looks like a bargaining chip for the 49ers. I'm pretty sure they will use it to some extent. But so far we don't know all the facts and neither does the 49ers. Until the actual facts come out, it's unusable.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
This.

Of course we will not cut him after this incident though we will probably not extend him this off season either. I think we will pick up the 5th year option and look from there.

People call him immature and in the same sentence sream CUT HIM.

I'm betting the other way. If he really does well this year and he doesn't get into more trouble and the legal issues are mostly resolved, it could go the other way and they sign him for an extended time - using his legal troubles as a bargaining chip to lower his price. But I agree that the most probable scenario is they pick up his option year and wait and see.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
I don't know enough about these facts.

but i will say i am surprised that our webzone fan base are all saints and can easily roll off " idiot, should have known better"

i was a wild man at Aldons age. i just didn't have a million bucks and girls throwing Pizza at me.
NO WAY the league ignores this.
  • thl408
I must be getting numb to this kind of stuff because this latest Aldon incident doesn't even bother me. The only real, true stupid act so far this offseason is Cully going Grand Theft Auto in San Jose. Kilgore was walking drunk, so what. Kap needs to watch his environment. Aldon needs to stop thinking he's above the law before it's really too late, but as far as the incident itself, if this is the worst thing Aldon goes through this offseason? Good.
Share 49ersWebzone