There are 137 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

what is this "appearing" b******t? Totally unprofessional on their part.

either test him or shut the f**k up....that's some coward s**t. now time has passed and we won't know the truth....but the media will run with it.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:
With all the legal problems hovering around us, we better win the big one soon... Steelers / Ravens did it

All our shiznit doesn't even compare to Raplisburger and Killa Lewis.................

Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.

Slightly illegal weapons and a piece of metal? If they rape somebody would you classify that as a slight disagreement about sex?

I've never seen people make this many excuses for players committing felonies in my life

Can they do anything wrong at this point?

So are you already accusing Kap?

No lol. That was just a random crime I picked out that should piss people off.
So Far, the information is pretty underwhelming.

He was a smart a**, and they threw a felony at him. Really?

What's up with the "he's been drinking reports from LAX security?

They say he wasn't intoxicated. SO, there doesn't seem to be any relevance to public safety. Why the public comments?

Sure, there's other reasons that may pertain to other cases, But isn't it appropriate for officers familiar with the original cases and proceedings, familiar with those circumstances, to make those remarks publicly, if they are even to be made at all?

How was TMZ contacted so quickly? ANd , did they pay money to any parties involved to obtain materials that were broadcast, or were interviewed?

I think the public should know that too in considering all the circumstances.

Not sure what went on, but my guess is that if it involved someone other than an athletic celebrity, no arrest or charges would have been filed.

Just curious, LAX is a big place. How many arrests do they make every year for false bomb threats?
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Chief:
If the charges are not dropped I say we make a statement and cut him.

Cut the best pass rusher in the league. LOL.

Better idea,,,trade him to the seacocks hoping he will destroy them internally and call it "Haley part 2" Learn from our mistakes, just let this ride out.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Jd925:
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
Tell any family members who lost a loved one on 9/11 that you were just joking when you say you have a bomb in an airport. It should be taken seriously whether he was joking or not. It's not something you joke about. He Crossed the line and honestly deserves what he gets. The kid needs to grow up.

9/11 was an inside job. Most people know that deep down. Save the sob stories and blame the government for the lies. As far as the TSA is concerned, I'm not sure how many of them actual believe in this whole terrorism myth, but it would nice to remind them I presume.

wow...seriously??

There is lots of evidence to support the theory but that's for another thread.

Someone watched "Loose Change"...probably best to not pay attention to the scores of rebuttals that thoroughly debunked that tripe.

Anybody not totally brainwashed and with IQ > room temp can see 9/11 was inside job.
Unfortunately most people exposed to the TV and US school system are heavily brainwashed.

WHAT?
I guess if the players can act stupid, so can the fans...
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Chief:
If the charges are not dropped I say we make a statement and cut him.

Cut the best pass rusher in the league. LOL.

Ask Eagles fans if their laughing at cutting one of the best WRs in the league....
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What in the F***************K is wrong with Aldon Smith!!!!!

This team is getting blindsided with off-season bullsh!t!!!

1. Harbaugh almost traded to Cleveland.

2. Harbaugh's contract or lack there of, is blown up by the media in the beginning of January.

3. Harbaugh and Baalke butting heads well at least that's what the media is saying.

4. Chris Culliver's dumb ass

5. Kaepernick incident.....more team distraction.

6. And not this s**t again but ladies and gentlemen I give you......Aldon Smith!!!!!

So what now, instead of Darqueze Dennard with the first pick, Baalke gonna trade up for Kony Ealy???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am starting to feel a bit snake bit. Two years ago we lose a Superbowl trip because Kyle Williams can't field a couple of punts. Last year we lose the Superbowl because Aldon and Justin Smith were injured and ineffective playing hurt. This past season we lose a trip to the Superbowl in Seattle with a bunch of bad calls and a failed last drive and if we hadn't lost Crabtree in preseason and Aldon during the season we probably would have been playing at home anyway.

Now we have to deal with all this crap. What the hell is wrong with these guys? The rest of us could only dream of getting to play the game we love and make Millions of dollars a year to do it. They have no appreciation for how lucky they are. Aldon makes almost $10 million this year. That's way more than most of us see in a lifetime and he couldn't care less. There is nothing I wouldn't give up except breathing for $10 Million. He can't give up being a thug and an idiot.

Everything looked real sweet going into this draft. Now we have an extra need at CB because of Culliver and we have to worry about our pass rush because of Smith.

WTF?
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
This looks like one of those stupid jokes that goes wrong - other people have done similar if I remember correctly.

Obviously he was joking about having a bomb and I suspect he then got wound up or upset when they treated it seriously.... not sure on US law but I think it is a felony/crime to falsely declare, but I wouln't expect much to come from it.

Very stupid though....
Originally posted by Buchy:
This looks like one of those stupid jokes that goes wrong - other people have done similar if I remember correctly.

Obviously he was joking about having a bomb and I suspect he then got wound up or upset when they treated it seriously.... not sure on US law but I think it is a felony/crime to falsely declare, but I wouln't expect much to come from it.

Very stupid though....

Wouldn't count on nothing coming from it, they take this stuff very seriously, as they should. Dude is an idiot, and the team needs to get out in front of this epidemic of idiocy before the players eliminate them from the playoffs in the offseason
If Gaylord M Focker was able to go on and live his life I am sure Aldon Smith with all his financial resources will make out fine!

While Niner fans can't be happy about this latest Aldon incident, what burns my butt is all the knee-jerk, sensationalistic "reporting" that's going on. It's pretty obvious Aldon has some issues...and should be held accountable for his actions. That said, he's not Ray Lewis, who somehow got off from a murder investigation. He's not Aaron Hernandez who may never get out of prison if convicted of murder. It's unfortunate there's been such a rash of off-the-field incidents this off-season...but it's happened. Best thing we can do is let the legal system work, let the FO make whatever decisions they can, based on THE FACTS. For those saying they should just cut Aldon and move on, that's easy to say. He's one of the best players on the team, so they'll want to do whatever they can to make sure he gets the help he needs. H-E-L-P. That's the answer not vilifying the guy or the FO. That doesn't help the situation.
Im starting to wonder if Dee Ford and Attachou(sp?) are out of the question at pick 30. Not to vilify Aldon or anything but we clearly can't rely on him right now. The whole thing is just really disappointing.
The recent legal troubles of Aldon and Colin are a positive for the 49ers. Now we can revolve any new contracts (which will already be a bit lower than prior to these incidents) around legal issues. So when cases like these come up again the 49ers wont be strapped financially with these guys (99% talking about Aldon, 1% colin).

You would think someone like parent, manager, agent etc would tell a guy like COlin........LOOK, you are going to get the fat, juicy contract you have always wanted this off-season. It will set you and your family up for life. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STAY OUT OF THE CLUBS, stay away from drugs, dont drink and drive, and avoid random women in hotel rooms. Just this 1 off season. After you sign the dotted line, do waht you want lol.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
The recent legal troubles of Aldon and Colin are a positive for the 49ers. Now we can revolve any new contracts (which will already be a bit lower than prior to these incidents) around legal issues. So when cases like these come up again the 49ers wont be strapped financially with these guys (99% talking about Aldon, 1% colin).

You would think someone like parent, manager, agent etc would tell a guy like COlin........LOOK, you are going to get the fat, juicy contract you have always wanted this off-season. It will set you and your family up for life. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STAY OUT OF THE CLUBS, stay away from drugs, dont drink and drive, and avoid random women in hotel rooms. Just this 1 off season. After you sign the dotted line, do waht you want lol.

Actually you would think to tell him that he has a chance to do things that have never been done before by an NFL QB, all you have to do is have the desire to go out and accomplish them and worry about all that other crap when football is over.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Smith, 24, was at Gate 6 of Terminal 1 when confronted by several police, who then led Smith away from the Southwest gate, according to eyewitness John Egan of Austin.

"I heard him say, 'I did nothing wrong,' " Egans said. "The whole thing ratcheted up from there. The cops were trying to calm him down. He wasn't out of control; just agitated."

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/04/13/witness-aldon-smith-detained-at-lax/

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
TSA is a bunch of btches.

This doe.

TSA are notorious for harassing people.

And this could also be something as little as him saying "What... Do you think I have a bomb or something?"

Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
He seems pretty calm

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/13/aldon-smith-49ers-chris-culliver-arrested-at-lax/

Originally posted by GNS1310:
"At approximately 1400 hrs, a 25-year-old male resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening and was randomly selected for a secondary screening. The suspect then became belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent, making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding towards the gate area. Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him at the gate and he was positively identified as the person in question. Once again the male subject became uncooperative and he was detained and taken into custody by Airport Police and is currently being transported to LAPD for booking."

This was just posted:
Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80 34s
@NinersNation I didn't see his mouth moving. He was just looking the cop up and down. The officer was gesturing and talking.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
my friend works at LAX and he said it wasn't a big deal...so I don't think we have anything to worry about. After they search him it should be ok

Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Because hes been in trouble a bunch before, its an issue, but by itself it doesnt sound like nearly as big of an incident as TMZ is trying to promote. He needs to know that you cant show any signs of resistance at LAX when it comes to random searches. If you argue or make a scene, theyre just going to cuff you and have you taken away.

TMZ trying to say he was yelling "BOMB". He said "yeah, ive got a bomb" sarcastically, because they wanted to search him. Obviously you cant say that at an airport in any context, but anyone with half a brain can understand what really happened.

Hes not the first person, or the last to get agitated with a random search at LAX and cause a scene. Its just the fame and the previous history with the law that makes it a big deal.
This. I was screened a second time and arrested just a few years ago at the airport in Toronto for saying "You gotta be f*cking joking right?!" That's literally all I said and the cops jumped me. Airport cops are one of the worst.

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Story on LAX police detaining 49ers LB Aldon Smith:... http://t.co/3QKgif0n1X

"Randomly selected for secondary screening..."

TSA thug: Hey that's Aldon Smith of the 49ers, let's do a secondary screening....
Aldon (probably annoyed as f**k): What the f**k? You think I have a bomb or something?
TSA douchebag: OH MY GOD HE SAID HE HAS A BOMB!

Surprised they're not saying he attacked them.

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Via Twitter

He tells PD not to touch him at first, tries to walk away, then when they stop him, he asks guys to "record this s**t".

Aldon is asking some guys to take video and record/report "all this s**t", complains PD twisting his arm, reiterates he's done nada wrong

Don't airports have video cameras? I'll believe he was going around yelling bomb when they release those videos.

Originally posted by lucky_49:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
LAPD booked 49ers LB Aldon Smith for California Penal Code 148.1(a) - False report of a bomb threat.

Definitely work with him. No way should we cut him, that would be foolish and it's exactly what 31 other teams want us to do. Just let him play out his contract, maybe even franchise him when his deal expires. We need to buy some time to decide if it's worth extending him or not.

From what I've seen, the videos work in his favor.

Agree. From what we've heard on the video he wasn't violent, aggressive, or confrontational. He was mad, which is understandable.

Originally posted by JD81:
According to Sgt. Ortiz, Smith was going through screening when he asked the TSA agent, "Are you going to search me further?"

Smith was told, "That's not necessary," according to Sgt. Ortiz.

Then, Smith responded, according to Sgt. Ortiz, "Why not? I have a bomb."

Is there any proof though? Is there such a thing as a "He said-He said" case?

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
"@Eric_Branch: #49ers Aldon Smith was released at 7:02 p.m. from LAPD’s Pacific Community Police Station on $20,000 bail. Smith was never in jail."

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This is so stupid, even more stupid than the Kaep story. I'll bet he probably said something like "Dude, I don't have a bomb on me okay lol" and they either heard it wrong or have a stick up their ass. One thing is for sure, he needs to get to the bottom of it and start taking responsibility for himself because if he doesn't he career will go down and hard.

Originally posted by maxsmart:
How about the "Innocent until proven guilty" argument?
Were you there?
You are jumping to conclusions.
What's so hard about "innocent until proven guilty"?

For all we know some angry moronic fat lesbian TSA agent wanna-be man wanna-be cop didn't like Aldon and claimed he said 'bomb'

Aldon didn't threaten anyone. He didn't cause mass hysteria, and as far as we know there are only exactly 2 people who know the facts.

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Unless they tested him at the station or he admitted to being drunk we'll never know if he was. Officers said "He APPEARED to be under the influence." I can appear to be under the influence when completely sober.
I hope they did test him to find out for sure.

they said he appeared to have been drinking earlier in the day
now how in the hell would they know that?
that's that bs.
they know the trigger words to make stuff look bigger than it is.

after the tmz report i don't trust it. i need the facts before i go either way.

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Ya the "he appeared to have been drinking earlier in the day" is b******t.

Just trying to make this a bigger story.

This.

Of course we will not cut him after this incident though we will probably not extend him this off season either. I think we will pick up the 5th year option and look from there.

People call him immature and in the same sentence sream CUT HIM.

Share 49ersWebzone