LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
You should read the comments section of the online SF Chronicle if you want to read do-gooding, know it all, triple chin, pizza mouth dribbling at it's finest! On second thought, maybe don't burn yer time.....

Yeah with comment sections, twitter, facebook, etc everyone has an opinion or is an expert on everything even if they don't know what they are talking about. People like to make comments before they have the facts too. I guess we are all guilty of it but at least on message boards it's usually centered around one topic where people gather that know about the subject.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Reporters keep reporting the Marijuana charge, even though its false it appears. An article yesterday had it still listed as one of the charges... Journalism is dead.

Where did you see this? Everywhere I look it still has the marijuana charge.

There was one report stating that there was no marijuana charge, but all others had him having one.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/30/aldon-smith-turns-himself-in-on-felony-weapons-charges/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247577/article/niners-aldon-smith-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dui

Both seem to report that their was no marijuana charge by the San Jose police department. Although he might have been initially booked for it, it looks like it was dropped.
People who keep mentioning jail time need to stop being so dramatic. Hes not going to jail. His lawyer will get his court case postponed to the offseason, and he'll end up with probation and community service.
Originally posted by Niners99:
People who keep mentioning jail time need to stop being so dramatic. Hes not going to jail. His lawyer will get his court case postponed to the offseason, and he'll end up with probation and community service.

most likely. people in the nfl have done a lot worse and not gone to jail. hopefully gooddell counts his rehab as suspension and just fines him if he wants to punish him. he already missed 5 games
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Since the illegal possession of weapons are felony charges, will there not be a prison sentence involved ?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Since the illegal possession of weapons are felony charges, will there not be a prison sentence involved ?

I think it's his first offense, so he might get off with a fine and probation.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think it's his first offense, so he might get off with a fine and probation.

That's good news. Also, I am hoping the hearing won't be so soon, hopefully by the time is all said and done it will be in the offseason and whatever Goodell slaps on on top will be next season.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

most likely. people in the nfl have done a lot worse and not gone to jail. hopefully gooddell counts his rehab as suspension and just fines him if he wants to punish him. he already missed 5 games

Didn't that n***a, donte stallworth, was charged with vehicle manslaughter and only got 1 yr jail time and community service?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Didn't that n***a, donte stallworth, was charged with vehicle manslaughter and only got 1 yr jail time and community service?

But, don't forget Plaxico Buress got 2 years for illegal possession of weapons plus reckless endangerment.

I have never seen a victim of a crime (Aldon Smith) become so vilified by the media hype machine. People forget that this guy was ATTACKED by thugs.

So he crashes his car into a tree at 10 mph in the middle of a gated community? Woopity doo. Compared to most NFL DUI's, it's like the nerf football version of DUI's. The weakest possible DUI imaginable.
He owns assault weapons that have slight modifications requiring filing some paperwork. Woopity freakin doo.

This man was attacked. That should be the main issue, and I'm glad the county Sheriff sees it that way.

Yeah no reason to be dramatic about 3 felonies, 2 dui's, stabbings, shootings, multiple driving off the road other times when not charged. In 2 years time. No problem there. Carry on.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I have never seen a victim of a crime (Aldon Smith) become so vilified by the media hype machine. People forget that this guy was ATTACKED by thugs.

So he crashes his car into a tree at 10 mph in the middle of a gated community? Woopity doo. Compared to most NFL DUI's, it's like the nerf football version of DUI's. The weakest possible DUI imaginable.
He owns assault weapons that have slight modifications requiring filing some paperwork. Woopity freakin doo.

This man was attacked. That should be the main issue, and I'm glad the county Sheriff sees it that way.

Then you have to question who with the right mind would host an open house party to anyone on the street and charges money at the gate ?

Would you ? I wouldn't. Is a fair question, don't you think ?

Bottomline, the kid is making terrible personal decisions and that is why the 9ers had to intervene.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Then you have to question who with the right mind would host an open house party to anyone on the street and charges money at the gate ?

Would you ? I wouldn't. Is a fair question, don't you think ?

Bottomline, the kid is making terrible personal decisions and that is why the 9ers had to intervene.

Yeah, Aldon has been f**king up. It just all came to a head this time.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

DUI are never a woopity doo situation, man.

I'm not trying to sound high and mighty. Driving a vehicle is a privilege that can, and should, be taken away from you if you're a liability to the populous.

Yea Aldon ran into tree but he could've ran into a 5 yr olds head. You wouldn't be so accepting about if Smith has critically injured himself.

Honestly, IDK even know what you mean by vilified. I have literally heard 0 negative things about Smith. I don't keep up with all the talking heads, but the ones I do haven't said a negative thing. I guess reporting the arrest is negative to you though

We should all just turn our heads while intoxicated people list off the road into trees. Nothing to see here.

Anyways I'm glad he's back. I hope his head is in the right place, and he's ready to win a Lombardi.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 1, 2013 at 2:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone