There are 151 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Come on Aldon. We got @ New Orleans and Seattle at home coming up. He needs to play those games. Is he ready yet? Continue the outpatient treatment and get him back. He's had enough in treatment now. Time to play.

Thinking realistic about this situation and how it pertains to Aldon's career, I believe in this^^

Not so much because of the upcoming opponents, but because hes 22, 23 years old. How freaking addicted to alcohol can he be? Not much is my estimate. A month in the program has been enough to teach most young men who have a right state of mind and a future ahead of them to wake the f**k up and and start making smarter decisions. That's my take on all he needs to do
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Thinking realistic about this situation and how it pertains to Aldon's career, I believe in this^^

Not so much because of the upcoming opponents, but because hes 22, 23 years old. How freaking addicted to alcohol can he be? Not much is my estimate. A month in the program has been enough to teach most young men who have a right state of mind and a future ahead of them to wake the f**k up and and start making smarter decisions. That's my take on all he needs to do

Alcohol effects people different ways. When I was 24 i was going through a bottle of whiskey or rum or whatever liquor i could get my hands on a night. Just because hes 22 or 23 doesn't mean he started drinking at the legal age.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Come on Aldon. We got @ New Orleans and Seattle at home coming up. He needs to play those games. Is he ready yet? Continue the outpatient treatment and get him back. He's had enough in treatment now. Time to play.

I doubt Aldon has the power to declare himself cured, even though ironically, he has the power to declare himself ill. He probably has to be cleared before a committee.

Originally posted by BrianGO:
I doubt Aldon has the power to declare himself cured, even though ironically, he has the power to declare himself ill. He probably has to be cleared before a committee.

I think the doctors have to clear him similar to an injury. So yeah pretty much a committee.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Alcohol effects people different ways. When I was 24 i was going through a bottle of whiskey or rum or whatever liquor i could get my hands on a night. Just because hes 22 or 23 doesn't mean he started drinking at the legal age.

I know that
I don't think we'll need Aldon for Carolina. We will need him for Seattle and the saints.
I know that

Really because you sound like your saying since hes only 22 or 23 he cant be that addicted to alcohol which is totally false. If he started drinking at a young age, he potentially could be a full blown alcoholic at his age.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I know that

Really because you sound like your saying since hes only 22 or 23 he cant be that addicted to alcohol which is totally false. If he started drinking at a young age, he potentially could be a full blown alcoholic at his age.
that is exactly how i read the post to wolf. if your theory about him is true, then it is a disease he will have to battle for the rest of his life. people act like a month in rehab will cure him of everything... this is not a high ankle sprain. when i was 21 i was drunk for 14 straight days and nights, i did not go to rehab but i moved out of the town i was living in because i knew the lifestyle i was living i would end up dead at 22. i think somewhere aldon looked in the mirror, realized he was no longer in control of his life and had to do something about it. you just do not say,,,, oh he was 30 days in rehab and now he is fine
I still think there is the distinct possibility that he is not an alcoholic, but just a drunk that made stupid decisions and is doing all he can to reduce the forthcoming suspension.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I still think there is the distinct possibility that he is not an alcoholic, but just a drunk that made stupid decisions and is doing all he can to reduce the forthcoming suspension.

its a very fine line between an alcoholic and some who just like to drink. you dont know you've crossed the line until you already have.

It all boils down to day-by-day choices... And when you're recovering, you can only take it one day at a time... Some days aren't a problem and some days require every once of will to not. And it's something that will be in the back of his head for the rest if his life...

In terms of the physical addiction, he's weathered that storm, but that's the easy part. You have to really want to change as oppose to wanting the negative consequences to stop. Only then will the addition stop...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
u guys really think he's a full blown alcoholic? I don't. I just think he's a dumbass who doesn't make the right choice at the end of the night. This recovery b******t is just to show the league he's doing something to correct the situation.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u guys really think he's a full blown alcoholic? I don't. I just think he's a dumbass who doesn't make the right choice at the end of the night. This recovery b******t is just to show the league he's doing something to correct the situation.

people that are complaing and riding high horses probably have done worse...just haven't been caught
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

people that are complaing and riding high horses probably have done worse...just haven't been caught

ya, he's no alcoholic. just young and dumb. who hasn't been there?
#BREAKING: #49ers Aldon Smith turned himself in Tuesday then paid $75k bail. Felony arraignment on 11/12. Misdemeanor arraignment on 11/19. From channel 7 news bay area. Presuming this means he is out of inpatient rehab or took a field trip.
[ Edited by ltrain on Oct 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone