LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 179 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Especially with Seattle's hot start, true champions embrace adversity

I believe strongly in the bolded. I haven't been worried at all this season. Not even at 1-2.
Originally posted by trellblaze:

I believe strongly in the bolded. I haven't been worried at all this season. Not even at 1-2.

Likewise. If a team can't handle injuries and adversity then they don't deserve it, period. We'll know what we have in about, let's say, 9 weeks from now.

Likewise. If a team can't handle injuries and adversity then they don't deserve it, period. We'll know what we have in about, let's say, 9 weeks from now.

Indeed. The injuries suck but I can name MANY past Super Bowl winning teams who can complain about exactly the same thing - including last year's Ravens.

Indeed. The injuries suck but I can name MANY past Super Bowl winning teams who can complain about exactly the same thing - including last year's Ravens.

The Ravens won a superbowl? I may have erased that from my memory lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Inactivate him for 4-6 weeks. Getting benched and not being able to travel would be embarrassing.

Why? He is in rehab. Missing 5 games. Then you want them to inactivate him for 5 games. That is 10. Then league will suspend him for a minimum of 4. So he misses a whole year cause of 1 DUI?

And it is 1 cause he plead the other down.

Rehab is not pusihment. Its where celebrities go to get out of jail. And its not a single DUI, its a trend of dumb behavior in a very short career. I would rather get through to him now and have a 10 year vet instead of slapping his wrist and waiting for the next stupid thing that could end his future with us.

This! We can't let his status on the team dictate his recovery. Best to do it right the first time to minimize the chances of relapse, both for his sake and his long-term value to the team.

I tried to but failed.

Seriously, I boycotted all sports and sports channels for months after the loss. I didn't tune back into the sports world until the NBA playoffs.

I tried to but failed.

Seriously, I boycotted all sports and sports channels for months after the loss. I didn't tune back into the sports world until the NBA playoffs.

Same here, man. I even started to question if I should stay so invested since I was so hurt.

Then once game-1 kicked off, I realized I didn't have a choice lol. Bonded by blood
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

every time i see roman i am reminded of it
Originally posted by cciowa:

Come on man. Roman is good. The whole play calling thing is way overblown, I think. He can't win. When we pass for 400+ people complain about him not using our best weapon, Gore. We get 200+ yards on the ground and the offense is still crap. 30+ pts in 2 out of the 3 last games with 1 capable WR. The current line up is NOT so talented that it can put up points in spite of a s**ty play caller.

Roman is doing just fine.

Relax...

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by matt49er:
I agree with you 110%, have the Niners tell him they will pay the driver for him but he will pay it back once he gets his next contracts signing bonus. Driver would literally live with him and go everywhere with him & I would also add a bodyguard who would report to the team with everything he did the night before every single day of the year. Throw in that he has to take a blood alcohol test every day before a practice/game & monitor the s**t out of him.

As for his comeback this year, I'm thinking he returns within a week or 2 of the bye.

I have in mind a 22 yo sexy masseuse/driver/chef/personal assistant company paid live in young lady named Jazmine. This should just about do the trick. She won't talk much but can fulfill his transportation needs and any other "needs" he might have in order to aid in his recovery. We need to be hard on him in order to whip him back in shape

while that sounds nice, I want an ex-military bodyguard that never smiles, wears an ear piece with speed dial to York, Harbaugh, Fangio, Baalke, Willis & Bowman. The driver should be another no-nonsense guy that refuses to allow Aldon to do what he wants and always puts whats best for him 1st over what he wants.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

sorry guys.. at least i am consistent!
I just hope Aldon doesn't throw away his career for a nickel bag of crack. Its not worth it Aldon. Its not worth it.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I agree with you 110%, have the Niners tell him they will pay the driver for him but he will pay it back once he gets his next contracts signing bonus. Driver would literally live with him and go everywhere with him & I would also add a bodyguard who would report to the team with everything he did the night before every single day of the year. Throw in that he has to take a blood alcohol test every day before a practice/game & monitor the s**t out of him.

As for his comeback this year, I'm thinking he returns within a week or 2 of the bye.

I have in mind a 22 yo sexy masseuse/driver/chef/personal assistant company paid live in young lady named Jazmine. This should just about do the trick. She won't talk much but can fulfill his transportation needs and any other "needs" he might have in order to aid in his recovery. We need to be hard on him in order to whip him back in shape

while that sounds nice, I want an ex-military bodyguard that never smiles, wears an ear piece with speed dial to York, Harbaugh, Fangio, Baalke, Willis & Bowman. The driver should be another no-nonsense guy that refuses to allow Aldon to do what he wants and always puts whats best for him 1st over what he wants.

Yes. You are right. Selfishly I was considering what I might "need" in order to get the full recovery that I would deserve
Harbaugh said he thinks Aldon will be back in the next couple weeks
Share 49ersWebzone