LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by susweel:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m Among the gun charges for Aldon Smith includes allegedly finding this weapon at his house. Holy cow. http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/armalite-ar-10-hog-gun/#axzz2hG4GLf15 ;…

f**k. If he wasn't a hall of fame bound player i'd say just cut his ass. But we really need this dumb b*****d.

the mans gotta hunt
Mayebe he had them shipped by the dealer?

i guess so. I wasn't aware you could just ship assault rifles across state lines
Originally posted by crabman82:
he has caught plenty of breaks in life. whats happening to him now is 100% on him.

Absolutely correct.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Mayebe he had them shipped by the dealer?

i guess so. I wasn't aware you could just ship assault rifles across state lines

I don't know. I'm not into guns. But i would imagine its highly regulated.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by saj4423:
How much more do you think he will get punished? I think the courts see he is in rehab and hand down a fine, the 49ers won't punish him anymore than what he is already doing. Now the league I don't know. Will they go with punishment served why he is in rehab or will they come down hard and add an additional 8 games or even a year onto it?

The rehab thing is because of the DUI. Now that he has weapons charges added on...timed served doesn't make sense. You don't go to rehab for gun charges.
but who is to say all of his issues don't come from the drinking? And now that he has fixed that problem the other issues should be solved.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
just sounds like a misunderstanding I'm sure a good lawyer can help clear it all up.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Prescription for Aldon Smith:

1. Get a good lawyer...these charges sound like they can be beaten.

2. Grow the f**k up.

following this prescription takes common sense.
thats a hell of a charge to get a felony on......seems harsh but gun laws can be tough to fight

maybe a lawyer here can help us understand how much of a threat of actual conviction there is to this
I don't know. I'm not into guns. But i would imagine its highly regulated.

Yea me either...but when you are rich i guess there is a way....he might've had some of his male groupies drive them all the way back to cali
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Why is Aldon buying guns anwyay????

I hope isn't hanging around folks like Aaron Hernandez was....

There is nothing wrong with owning a firearm

It sounds like Aldon was using an assault weapon which is an entirely different matter.....like 4+ years in jail possible...This is from the Scout.com article this morning..

If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.

"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,'" District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."

So....this could be a real issue. This guy may have really screwed up his life and career....
[ Edited by barrymartin on Oct 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM ]

/End career/thread
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Faces-Felony-Weapons-Charges-DA-227093931.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Prosecutors on Wednesday said Smith is expected to "self-surrender" later this month on charges that he had illegal weapons, which, according to documents, were bought in Arizona in 2011 -- days before the 49ers played the Arizona Cardinals in December of that year. In most cases, certain types of assault weapons cannot be legally bought in Arizona by California residents or possessed in California at all, according to District Attorney Jeff Rosen.

Ammunition, magazines, and five rifles including -- an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber -- were found in Smith's home by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies following the June 29 party last year, and prosecutors said none of the weapons were registered with the California Department of Justice.

I own every firearm on that list. Thankfully, I dont live in Cali. Dumb laws.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Who said he bought them days before the game vs. the Cards?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Faces-Felony-Weapons-Charges-DA-227093931.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Prosecutors on Wednesday said Smith is expected to "self-surrender" later this month on charges that he had illegal weapons, which, according to documents, were bought in Arizona in 2011 -- days before the 49ers played the Arizona Cardinals in December of that year. In most cases, certain types of assault weapons cannot be legally bought in Arizona by California residents or possessed in California at all, according to District Attorney Jeff Rosen.

Ammunition, magazines, and five rifles including -- an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber -- were found in Smith's home by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies following the June 29 party last year, and prosecutors said none of the weapons were registered with the California Department of Justice.

Days before? How many days before the game in Arizona would the Niners go there? But why in the world would he need an Armalite AR10-T? Is he sniping at people? The guy needs to get some common sense.
Originally posted by frozen49er:

I own every firearm on that list. Thankfully, I dont live in Cali. Dumb laws.

You do?
I'm curious to know what's Aldon gonna do with the ricin.
Share 49ersWebzone