There are 136 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

he placed himself into a bad position by going to a house party. I never understood why millionares go to house parties anyways. Wouldnt a nice expensive club and dinner with some high class people and a taxi ride home be more entertaining and fun then a damn house party? The kid is young but thats no excuse. I stoped going to house parties when i could legally go to bars. House parties are for kids and thugs plain and simple.

And if it was HIS house party, then that is even more stupid. Sounds like two people got shot as well. If this was at his house this will be even worse. Lets hope he wa just stooped and went to the wrong house party and paid for it and it never happens again. If two people got shot at his house and he got stabbed this isaint going away any time soon.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for mike.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Sketchy s**t can happen if you don't hang out with the wrong crowd too. You can't always control your surroundings

Actually you can. By not going to a party of 100+ people in a house in the "early morning" hours.
  • dj43
It doesn't matter how old or young you are, if you have a substantial DUI (.19 is not JUST over the limit) and then wind up someplace where you get stabbed, you need to change what you are doing. Age is not an excuse.

Players that want to be great must live a different life than the average person. The average guy can go to a house party with some friends, drink and party down, but a player who wants to be a star cannot live that lifestyle and achieve stardom. Yes, there may be an exception here and there but that does not change the fact that one cannot take the chance on being involved in something like this if they want to be the best outside LB in football. Then just cannot. There is a price to be paid for stardom and part of it is that you can't do stuff like this. Every year we hear stories of promising athletes that are killed in situations like this. A smart player is going to understand you cannot put yourself in these kinds of situations.

I would hope Harbaugh will assign Justin or Vernon to baby sit this kid until he understands what it takes to play in this league.
So was it his house or not? anyone know for sure? dumbass shoulda been asleep not at a damn house party.
Originally posted by mike:
Actually you can. By not going to a party of 100+ people in a house in the "early morning" hours.

Celebrities are now not allowed to go to gatherings of 100 or more people? That sounds like a realistic solution to me.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
It doesn't matter how old or young you are, if you have a substantial DUI (.19 is not JUST over the limit) and then wind up someplace where you get stabbed, you need to change what you are doing. Age is not an excuse.

Players that want to be great must live a different life than the average person. The average guy can go to a house party with some friends, drink and party down, but a player who wants to be a star cannot live that lifestyle and achieve stardom. Yes, there may be an exception here and there but that does not change the fact that one cannot take the chance on being involved in something like this if they want to be the best outside LB in football. Then just cannot. There is a price to be paid for stardom and part of it is that you can't do stuff like this. Every year we hear stories of promising athletes that are killed in situations like this. A smart player is going to understand you cannot put yourself in these kinds of situations.

I would hope Harbaugh will assign Justin or Vernon to baby sit this kid until he understands what it takes to play in this league.

I'd add to this and say house parties are fine if it's like an A list party with other celebs and athletes, where obviously no one's gonna get pissed and pull a glock.

Celebrities are now not allowed to go to gatherings of 100+ people? That sounds like a realistic solution to me.

They are certainly allowed, but IMO any human being that goes to a 100+ person house party in the early morning in the bay are asking for potential problems. Its a stupid choice whether you are an athlete or not. Athletes have targets on their backs for people who want a chance to prove they are human. He needs to make beter choices if he wants to be on of the greats. Sacrifice must be made.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
This s**t happend to me on the next road from my house. I got woken up last night by sirenes around 2am. The street was PACKED with firetrucks, ambulances and cops. I had no idea wtf was goin on.

I live up on mt hamilton off mt pleasnt road. So the houses up here are huge along with huge properties. Crazy to think it was right around the corner from me.
Originally posted by dj43:

I'd add to this and say house parties are fine if it's like an A list party with other celebs and athletes, where obviously no one's gonna get pissed and pull a glock.

Or neighborhood/family bar-b-q's/get togetherss etc.

But when the word house party is used that is not what is being refured to. we are talking about a 100+ person s**t fest that shut down a neighborhood and used up alot of police resources.
so will those who were shot, sue Aldon for not having acceptable security?

either way, I see Aldon getting sued unfortunately....he'll probably settle. I mean if it is someone he is close to, then ok maybe not....but even a semi friend will try to cash in, if he feels Aldon's partying days with the homies are over.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jun 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM ]

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
They are certainly allowed, but IMO any human being that goes to a 100+ person house party in the early morning in the bay are asking for potential problems. Its a stupid choice whether you are an athlete or not. Athletes have targets on their backs for people who want a chance to prove they are human. He needs to make beter choices if he wants to be on of the greats. Sacrifice must be made.

So just because the party took place in the bay area he is supposed to assume he is going to get stabbed at it? The party could have been hosted by one of his good friends that he trusted, and some uninvited guests showed up to cause trouble. He can't control that. Saying that he shouldn't go out and do anything because he is famous is a quick solution, but honestly he is 22 years old and free to do whatever he wants to do as this is America. I don't think we should hold him responsible for his own stabbing just because we all have the super power of uninformed hindsight.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

either way, I see Aldon getting sued unfortunately....he'll probably settle. I mean if it is someone he is close to, then ok maybe not....but even a semi friend will try to cash in, if he feels Aldon's partying days with the homies are over.

You can't get sued for being somewhere
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Celebrities are now not allowed to go to gatherings of 100+ people? That sounds like a realistic solution to me.

lol. you have no idea how this started. it could've been a chill party for about 30 people and some hanger ons post about it on Twitter and it gets out of control very quickly. i've witnessed it happen.

so before lambasting Aldon, you should wait for the whole story to come out.

You can't get sued for being somewhere
that somewhere was at Aldon's Party..............at Aldon's House.

Was it Aldon's house?
Share 49ersWebzone