There are 170 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• thl408
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I bet Aldon told some cute security chick "I am the bomb" not "I have a bomb". The truth will come out

I bet Aldon said, "I have some bomb weed". The truth will come out.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m LA County DA's Office says it has referred Aldon Smith case to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for misdemeanor consideration.#49ers

A misdo. At worst. (City Attorney's Office doesn't prosecute felonies.) I'm guessing he gets offered some community service and informal probation, IF anything is actually filed against him.

A PR nightmare, and a stupid thing to do, but otherwise, much ado about nothing.
  • thl408
Somebody set up us the bomb.

All your base are belong to us.

^^Not everyone will know where those quotes came from.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by BobS:
I think you are purposely not understanding my point. Point is Virginia is a gun friendly state California is not, so if something is most illegal here it will definitely be illegal In California. I have no desire to learn the ever restricting gun laws in California as hopefully I won't set foot in that state again. Also I looked up the Virginia laws as they are easy to find. Unlike most of you as a responsible gun owner I am as concerned about the possible negligent use of a firearm between Aldon and Walker as the rest of the charges. Negligent gun owners give all gun owners a bad name and add fuel to the anti-gun crowds argument. Pretty sure the illegal assault weapon charges were a result of firing guns in the air, they wanted to charge them with something.

I am not misunderstanding, at least not deliberately. (Some of your argument is a bit confusing.) I am simply trying to focus on the actual facts, and on the laws as they presently exist in CALIFORNIA.

If you want to use the laws of Virginia to support an argument that Aldon acted illegally in discharging a gun into the air in California, go ahead. That makes as much logical sense as those who are arguing that Aldon acted criminally under California laws simply by firing a gun into the air. (He didn't.)

As a responsible gun owner, who is concerned about negligent gun owners, I would think you'd try to understand what actually constitutes illegal gun use, either in Virginia or in California, and stop siding with those who are condemning Aldon for shooting into the air--since, UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, simply doing that is NOT illegal.

You do not sound like someone who would support the stringent, hyper technical gun laws of California that were used to charge Aldon with possession of illegal firearms. If not for those gun laws, Aldon would not have been charged with anything that night.

No offense intended, but I find your argument confusing and perhaps a little inconsistent. You oppose stringent gun laws, except when they're actually invoked?

As a responsible gun owner, and card carrying member of the NRA, I would disagree with the argument that Aldon's actions that night were illegal, or negligent. Seems to me that only someone completely opposed to guns would argue that.
Now you confuse me, from the way you are arguing I would make the wrong assumption that you were one of those anti-gun people who could not tell the difference between a .177 C02 pellet pistol or a 9mm S&W if it was pointed right in your face. I think you and I disagree on ballistics evidence from firing guns in the air. I don't automatically believe anything I see in print unless personal experience backs it up. I live on 10 wooded acres where I can legally shoot off my back porch. I do not hunt and just let all the critters around me be. I do enjoy target shooting at intimate objects. The last thing I killed was my failed water heater, I had to drain the water out of it somehow before I hauled it to the dump, why not shoot it a few hundred times? Anyway if had 4 square miles of flat ground I would conduct my own firing in the air gun's test, since I don't I have to believe what I Google for and watched on a Myth-Busters episode. Being a calm person who usually reacts correctly in an emergency situation I despise people who panic, but most people will. I have seen people lose their mind and run around screaming just because a bee is flying by. What happens if that same prone to panic person is driving a car down the highway and the windshield gets shattered by a bullet falling from the sky? Let alone studies that show a bullet fired up can pierce bone (rare) or flesh (not so rare).
Originally posted by thl408:

BuzzB ?

"pwnd" ???
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
okay now pick up the option.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Disp.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN 1m LA County DA's Office says it has referred Aldon Smith case to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office for misdemeanor consideration.#49ers

I think the bigger story here is Bill Williamson finally broke some 49ers news for the first time instead of reporting it 2 days+ after the fact. Good news about Aldon too though.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

BuzzB ?
Naw but...

This is how Aldon handles a weakass double team block.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
it pretty much is the point, Don't think we have had a real terrorist that had a bomb on their person or their carry on or even tried to use a kid as one ever.

The System has been working just fine

What about the guy that had the shoe bomb.
you mean his gasoline soaked shoes, the system is fine for metals and bombs/drugs...but there are still crazy people.

but a real terrorist is not going to walk up and into an Airport with a bomb

That's pure supposition. You have had domestic terrorism. You have had terrorist strikes on US interests abroad including the targeting of aircraft. But you say it won't happen.
i'm saying in an American airport..no one will get caught bringing in a bomb, because that would be the dumbest thing ever. even before these past major terrorist attacks...terrorist hijacked planes with knives and not one brought a bomb through the gates.

rubbing up and down kids with leggings is not making the flight any safer (watched that link that was posted)

i'm saying in an American airport..no one will get caught bringing in a bomb, because that would be the dumbest thing ever. even before these past major terrorist attacks...terrorist hijacked planes with knives and not one brought a bomb through the gates.

rubbing up and down kids with leggings is not making the flight any safer (watched that link that was posted)

SMH. Utterly illogical.

Let's get back to the subject.
THey are actually considering this? What a waste of tax dollars.

BuzzB ?

• thl408

Someone with more knowledge of pass rush technique, was this like a 3 move combo? Bull rush, fake the rip (now the LT is off balance), toss his ass to the side.
[ Edited by thl408 on Apr 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM ]
Naw but...

This is how Aldon handles a weakass double team block.

Christ...what a beast. You guys sure you want him gone?.....LOL

6-year extension
Share 49ersWebzone