LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 314 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
gah. this is getting more absurd by the minute. he was wise as#, got cuffed by lax, that's all.

The only elephant is the drinking part. If it's happening again suggest he spends ota's back in detox.

Exactly.

LAPD was repeating what multiple witnesses said about his demeanor in thinking he was buzzed. Still doesn't mean it's true, but given his recent past I'm going to assume he was off the wagon. Hopefully I'm wrong.
If they really had thought he was driniking earlier..that would give the Ploice the right to charge AS with a drunk in public especially at an airport

Didn't charge, lol
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 29s LB Aldon Smith was among the 49ers on hand for the opening of the team's offseason conditioning program.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Holy shizz, that's a plus. Was he sober?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
gah. this is getting more absurd by the minute. he was wise as#, got cuffed by lax, that's all.

The only elephant is the drinking part. If it's happening again suggest he spends ota's back in detox.

Exactly.

LAPD was repeating what multiple witnesses said about his demeanor in thinking he was buzzed. Still doesn't mean it's true, but given his recent past I'm going to assume he was off the wagon. Hopefully I'm wrong.
If they really had thought he was driniking earlier..that would give the Ploice the right to charge AS with a drunk in public especially at an airport

Didn't charge, lol

They said he appeared intoxicated, but it wasn't a factor in the arrest. Travelers get drunk at airport lounges before flying all the time without any problems. I'm sure they've seen worse.

But obviously if the witness' are right and Aldon was drinking it's a different kind of problem for him and the franchise due to his DUI and rehab from 6 months ago.
Originally posted by CWin4949:

unlikely
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by CWin4949:

unlikely

Well as long as he didn't gat any bustas and drop bombs on fools....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I think he admitted to shooting the weapon, the real hearsay was that they found pot in his vehicle and then didn't mention it in the police report.

I never heard that he admitted firing a weapon in the air. Are you sure about this?
  • buck
  • Veteran
They said he appeared intoxicated, but it wasn't a factor in the arrest. Travelers get drunk at airport lounges before flying all the time without any problems. I'm sure they've seen worse.

But obviously if the witness' are right and Aldon was drinking it's a different kind of problem for him and the franchise due to his DUI and rehab from 6 months ago.

I think that it was said that he appeared to have been drinking earlier.

That is a far cry from being intoxicated.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 29s LB Aldon Smith was among the 49ers on hand for the opening of the team's offseason conditioning program.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
For all of you who say the following: "We need to give Aldon another chance. We can't make the same mistake we made with Haley."

What are you going to say when Aldon seriously hurts or kills someone?

And when you realize that you are partially responsible for that death because you were the one willing to turn the other cheek and welcome the problem child back with open arms?

How are you going to feel? Anything at all? Personally? I couldn't live with it. There is far more to life than football. Far more.

You're willing to deal with that?

You are joking right.

If not,

Originally posted by buck:

He shouldn't be drinking at all.

He missed 5 games because he needed rehab & he's still drinking?

It's looking like the trip to rehab was all b******t to avoid an NFL suspension. It's not going to work twice.
[ Edited by Heed49er on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:17 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heed49er:

It's looking like the trip to rehab was all b******t to avoid an NFL suspension. It's not going to work twice.

Maybe he should not have been drinking, but as far as I remember no one said he was intoxicated.

Do you think that total abstinence is the only possible cure for alcoholism?
[ Edited by buck on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:31 PM ]
I never heard that he admitted firing a weapon in the air. Are you sure about this?

I thought I read it somewhere, it was probably in here lol.
Originally posted by Heed49er:

Maybe he should not have been drinking, but as far as I remember no one said he was intoxicated.

Do you think that total abstinence is the only possible cure for alcoholism?

The police said he appeared to have been drinking before saying he had a BOMB IN AN AIRPORT.

Alcoholics can't drink because they can't control their drinking.
That's what makes them alcoholics.

I don't remember Aldon Smith actually being classified as alcoholic, though.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

anytime someone who goes in to rehab for an extended time then comes out and drinks again is not to be brushed off. i believe he may go back to rehab, if it was determined he had been drinking regardless of how much,, which a million people who have alcohol issues do alot. its nothing to be ashamed of. his behavior at the airport can not be excused
Share 49ersWebzone