There are 159 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

We're the only team that can fight, and refuse to take a dive against the NFL's golden Seahawks, they will do whatever it takes to split this team apart, and destroy it.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're the only team that can fight, and refuse to take a dive against the NFL's golden Seahawks, they will do whatever it takes to split this team apart, and destroy it.

This. Notice how there's an abundance of articles claiming how our window is closing/closed, how we'll be the new Falcons next season, yada yada yada, yet the media is creating an unnecessary amount of hoopla over this Aldon situation and trying to pressure the team into letting go of one of our youngest and brightest stars that happens to be the best pass rusher in the game.

This isn't about morals or class, it's about breaking us and weakening the team so the new favorites can stay on top. SMH. I see right through this BS and I hope the team does as well.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 19, 2014 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
I believe Goodell said the 5 games would be credited to any possible suspension. Also think if it's alcohol related, it's NFI.

I DON'T CARE WHAT GOODELL GIVES ALDON FOR SUSPETIONS. Dude is face stupid but serious charges and if the judges come down hard he may not see the field for awhile. I hope he gets some community service for this crap, but that's getting off light.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Just a little reminder who we are talking about here. A lot of people hated the pick back in 2011 and their true colors come out now..... Yes you know who you are He is a monster. I definitely think that Baalke will draft another pass rusher. You can never have enough pass rushers on your team and good depth goes along way. But Aldon is not going anywhere !

[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 20, 2014 at 3:44 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Methinks the media is blowing this whole thing out of proportion and pressuring the niners to part ways with him.

Remember the first defensive series of the playobff game against the Seahawks? Tell me what happened?

Aldon smith chased down russel wilson in the open field, stripped it, and recovered it. The trifecta!

We must keep him he is one of the best players in the entire NFL. We would be outright insane to let him walk due to petty off the field junk.
Two Dui's + dumb enough to fire a gun in the air within city limits is petty? He was so drunk he hit a tree, 3 times he could have killed someone, nothing petty about that. Everything happened in a couple years, shows sign of a guy who has drunk and stupid down to a science.
Originally posted by BobS:
Two Dui's + dumb enough to fire a gun in the air within city limits is petty? He was so drunk he hit a tree, 3 times he could have killed someone, nothing petty about that. Everything happened in a couple years, shows sign of a guy who has drunk and stupid down to a science.

It's scary when you think about how lucky he's been in all of these incidents.
Did aldon dis,harge any weapons at the party?
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

It's scary when you think about how lucky he's been in all of these incidents.

I thought it was one DUI + reckless driving. Even Harbaugh has a DUI lol
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Apr 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Believe it or not firing the gun into air is not against the law. Hence the reason he is not being charged with that. He is being charged with illegally owning firearms, firearms that were not up to spec for California, but fine for other states.

I am not trying to make excuses for Aldon, he has done dumb s**t. But if he doesn't get charged with anything for the TSA incident, then to me, the only issue he has (and it is a big issue) is the DUI. The gun charges are b******t and should have no bearing on what the NFL or the team does. The law may have issue with it but for the NFL to add to his suspension for that would be bull s**t.

The drinking is the problem. He went to rehab for that and only the team really knows if he has stopped drinking. Was the incident at the airport related to him being intoxicated? Will we ever know?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Believe it or not firing the gun into air is not against the law. Hence the reason he is not being charged with that. He is being charged with illegally owning firearms, firearms that were not up to spec for California, but fine for other states.

I am not trying to make excuses for Aldon, he has done dumb s**t. But if he doesn't get charged with anything for the TSA incident, then to me, the only issue he has (and it is a big issue) is the DUI. The gun charges are b******t and should have no bearing on what the NFL or the team does. The law may have issue with it but for the NFL to add to his suspension for that would be bull s**t.

The drinking is the problem. He went to rehab for that and only the team really knows if he has stopped drinking. Was the incident at the airport related to him being intoxicated? Will we ever know?
I would say you are 100% wrong. What county or city does Aldon live in? As a recreational shooter and an ex-California resident, even where hunting and recreational shooting are allowed the common rule is that you cannot discharge a firearm within 100 yards of a residence. Even here in the gun friendly state of Virginia most counties have that 100 yard rule. The only time firing a gun in the air here is legal is with bird shot when hunting birds, and I live in a sparsely populated area. Pretty sure he could get hit with a reckless use of a weapon charge. That bullet has to come down and terminal velocity is enough to injure or kill.

I would say you are 100% wrong. What county or city does Aldon live in? As a recreational shooter and an ex-California resident, even where hunting and recreational shooting are allowed the common rule is that you cannot discharge a firearm within 100 yards of a residence. Even here in the gun friendly state of Virginia most counties have that 100 yard rule. The only time firing a gun in the air here is legal is with bird shot when hunting birds, and I live in a sparsely populated area. Pretty sure he could get hit with a reckless use of a weapon charge. That bullet has to come down and terminal velocity is enough to injure or kill.

If what you say is true why isn't Aldon charged with that? Because there is a stipulation that says you are defending yourself, which Aldon was cause others fired first, you are allowed to discharge your gun.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

If what you say is true why isn't Aldon charged with that? Because there is a stipulation that says you are defending yourself, which Aldon was cause others fired first, you are allowed to discharge your gun.
Probably because the DA didn't think the charges would stick because of too many conflicting stories and uncooperative witnesses. It was my understanding that Delanie Walker fired a gun after someone else did ( that could have been considered self defense ) and then later Smith fired from a balcony to get everyone's attention that the party was over (no self defense there).
Probably because the DA didn't think the charges would stick because of too many conflicting stories and uncooperative witnesses. It was my understanding that Delanie Walker fired a gun after someone else did ( that could have been considered self defense ) and then later Smith fired from a balcony to get everyone's attention that the party was over (no self defense there).

I will find the article that states what I said. Aldon isn't charged with firing the gun because it wasn't illegal for him to do so given the circumstances.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
I thought it was one DUI + reckless driving. Even Harbaugh has a DUI lol

I'm pretty sure they didn't find Harbaughs car roasting the tire on somebody's lawn while he was passed out with his head on the steering wheel, but your right he does have a DUI.
  • buck
  • Veteran

There were allegations that he fired a weapon into the air, which is both stupid and illegal.

A person will not be charged with a crime unless there is some solid evidence that crime occurred and that there is a reasonable expectation that the state will be able to get a conviction.

To say that Smith fired a weapon in the air is nothing more than repeating hearsay--it might be or it might not be true.
Share 49ersWebzone