There are 296 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I would gladly take his place in jail if they let him play
i hear you have delicate features so prison life may be hell for you

My features are as delicate as sloth's from the goonies lol
he's definitely being suspended, the question is how long. I'm pretty sure ben roethlisberger only got 4 games for rape, so when Aldon gets more than that I'll be pretty upset
Originally posted by crake49:
And again, Eddie Debartolo says the biggest mistake he ever made was getting rid of Charles Haley because he was a "troublemaker." Now, the team has the opportunity to recreate the same mistake - let him go to the Seahawks where he can harass Niner QB's for years to come. Great fricking idea.

Yes. Sure his selfishness has hurt the team and caused us "trouble" but it ain't something we can't work through. We went 5-0 without him last year and he came back to produce better than his replacements. We need him to get over the hump and we should wait him out through court and penalty and remain optimistic that we can salvage the 2011 number 7 overall pick. Baalke needs this IMO and hell right now I do as well!
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
i dont think we cut him, he will likely be suspended for the 2014 season and become a free agent in 15. He's a lost cause and we're just promoting reckless behavior by keeping him around.

SMDH.

Right. Never been suspended before and graduates directly to a full season suspension.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
So much sympathy around here for this rich knucklehead. When he gets into more trouble before the season even starts I guess you can give him another pass. Without Justin Smith he's just another guy.

Gratz. Dumbest post of the thread.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, unlike some people on this board, I don't see the front office or coaching staff attempting to defend his actions, blame or ridicule others, etc.

The team appears to be preparing for a substancial suspension by the commish. They backed him after all of the nonsense of the past, and he was able to dodge a suspension last year because of the intervention by Smith and the team to get him to rehab, but it appears they have had it with his erratic behavior.
he made his bed,, aldon you are a big boy, you figure it out on your own. maybe the team is just sick and tired of babysetting him and helping him. I bet the team is making plans to proceed without him for however long the powers to be dictate. its sad that a few here are pooh poohing the fact he may be an alcoholic , albeit a possible functioning alcoholic, it is also sad to see some people are trying to blame everyone else for his woes, the airport, security, roger g, the cops, president bush etc and say it is a conspiracy and over blown. has every incident he has been involved in been someone else's fault or over blown or whatever other type of label you want to affix? I think the lack of statements from the niners and lack of much talk coming out of niner headquarters speaks volumes in my opinion. when jh stops talking about you, you know what may happen next
  • thl408
No way should the 49ers cut him over this airport incident. In a way I am glad he got busted for this 'bomb threat'. If this is the worst thing that comes from Aldon over this offseason, then good. It just might teach him to lay low for at least another 4 months. This guy is a game changer when he's on the football field. Offenses shift their formations around out of fear of this guy.

And this is very different from the Deshaun Jackson situation. DJack was disrespectful to the PHI coaching staff, a bad teammate. Aldon is just a dumbass when he's away from the football field. He was voted team MVP in 2012. Bad team mates don't get voted team MVP by their team mates.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
So much sympathy around here for this rich knucklehead. When he gets into more trouble before the season even starts I guess you can give him another pass. Without Justin Smith he's just another guy.

Second that. Unbelievable. Without Kevin f*gen, Charles Haley was just another guy too, right?
Originally posted by lucky_49:
he's definitely being suspended, the question is how long. I'm pretty sure ben roethlisberger only got 4 games for rape, so when Aldon gets more than that I'll be pretty upset
Did Ben rape her? I doubt it! If not we need to be careful not to label as such a foul human being. There are not many labels I would want upon me worse than being an abuser of women or children. It would totally shoot down my self esteem and the esteem I hold in my community. If he raped her call him out but if not we might respect him accordingly. I realize you aren't calling him a rapist but some fans do and I feel bad for guys when they get mislabeled. There is no worse feeling which is why I felt like s*** for Kap and Kobe!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KingCrabs:
You guys are nuts!!!!! He hasnt even been charged yet, and why let this silly mistake be the breaking point. If Aldon Smith is gone, so many teams will literally try to swoop him up in minutes. he will be a beast for them and all you so called fans calling for his head will look stupid for years to come! I'm sick of all this local media and fans blowing this out of proportion and calling for his head.

And again, Eddie Debartolo says the biggest mistake he ever made was getting rid of Charles Haley because he was a "troublemaker." Now, the team has the opportunity to recreate the same mistake - let him go to the Seahawks where he can harass Niner QB's for years to come. Great fricking idea.
if they deem he is to much of a distraction he is not changing and they are just sick of his self afflicted issues, then they have every right to dump him. where he possibly could go next should play no factor in the equation. so we treat smith different than anyone else on the team with the same issues and pattern of behavior simply because we are scared he may go to seattle if we dump him???. in my opinion there is so much wrong in that line of thinking

Originally posted by thl408:
No way should the 49ers cut him over this airport incident. In a way I am glad he got busted for this 'bomb threat'. If this is the worst thing that comes from Aldon over this offseason, then good. It just might teach him to lay low for at least another 4 months. This guy is a game changer when he's on the football field. Offenses shift their formations around out of fear of this guy.

And this is very different from the Deshaun Jackson situation. DJack was disrespectful to the PHI coaching staff, a bad teammate. Aldon is just a dumbass when he's away from the football field. He was voted team MVP in 2012. Bad team mates don't get voted team MVP by their team mates.

Great point. Charles Haley was pissing on guys' cars and again, Debartolo still thinks it was the biggest mistake he ever made allowing them to trade him. Now some of these Einsteins around here would evidently be happy to see Aldon Smith harassing Niner QB's and creating turnovers in a Seahawk uniform. Everyone needs to just loosen their sphincter a little bit and calm down.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I would gladly take his place in jail if they let him play
i hear you have delicate features so prison life may be hell for you

My features are as delicate as sloth's from the goonies lol
ha. thank you for knowing i was not making fun of you,, this off season have given some thin skins
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Second that. Unbelievable. Without Kevin f*gen, Charles Haley was just another guy too, right?

There are a lot of guys who played next to a guy as good as Justin Smith. NONE of them had 42 sacks in 43 games. Not even close.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, unlike some people on this board, I don't see the front office or coaching staff attempting to defend his actions, blame or ridicule others, etc.

The team appears to be preparing for a substancial suspension by the commish. They backed him after all of the nonsense of the past, and he was able to dodge a suspension last year because of the intervention by Smith and the team to get him to rehab, but it appears they have had it with his erratic behavior.

I won't defend his actions but I won't act as if he has committed heinous crimes and I won't ridicule others but I would have a very hard time NOT blaming Baalke if he were to not hit on the number 7 overall draft pick! This would mark his second consecutive first round fail. Now I realize he has stacked the most talented roster in the NFL and amassed all this draft ammo and we've went to three straight NFCCG but I don't know any GM above scrutiny when you flub two straight first round picks! This is why I believe Baalke needs to make this pick work even if we have to wait out potential jail time and a suspension. The most dangerous thing he has really done IMO is to get behind the wheel of a car drunk to where he could really hurt someone!

I think MadDog is basing his belief that the team has "had it with his erratic behavior" on the musings of Tim Kawakami. And of course we all know how dependable Kawakami's information is. You can take it to the bank, right?
he made his bed,, aldon you are a big boy, you figure it out on your own. maybe the team is just sick and tired of babysetting him and helping him. I bet the team is making plans to proceed without him for however long the powers to be dictate. its sad that a few here are pooh poohing the fact he may be an alcoholic , albeit a possible functioning alcoholic, it is also sad to see some people are trying to blame everyone else for his woes, the airport, security, roger g, the cops, president bush etc and say it is a conspiracy and over blown. has every incident he has been involved in been someone else's fault or over blown or whatever other type of label you want to affix? I think the lack of statements from the niners and lack of much talk coming out of niner headquarters speaks volumes in my opinion. when jh stops talking about you, you know what may happen next

His game film and the lack of any real heinous crimes tends to make me believe we pick up his option. I am not forgiving his transgressions nor will I blame others for his awful decisions but I think we have to try for a bit longer to salvage both our pick and his talents. We need him for this team once he is healed. Baalke needs to not screw up two straight first rounders. There is no excuse for Aldons behavior but it wasn't heinous criminal activity. Ahmad Brooks did worse! Aldon was at his worst drunk behind the wheel of a car! Donte Stallworth killed a man in his car to come back and play! It is bad press but the only things that might stick this summer is Cully and Aldon and Cullys singular action is more heinous than anything Aldon has done. Let's wait this out and pick up this option. We can't dump him for these things. May 3 all this talk is over!
Share 49ersWebzone