LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
If Aldon gets punished for this, the terrorists have won. he's being chastised for the actions of the radical group responsible for 9/11. Before 9/11 you could walk around any airport saying the word "bomb" and no1curr. This is exactly what Bin Laden wants. DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN! FREE ALDON!!!!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Aldon will get suspended by the league, if I had to bet I'd say 4 games, we will still pick up the 5th year option on him and he will play this year. Bowman will be back between week 7 and week 9 and he'll be great again. Before the stretch run, we'll have our 4 great LBs together, dominating.

WHAT pray tell is Aldon going to be suspended for? What offense?

Saying, "I have a bomb" in jest? That? Is that the serious offense? If that offense is so damn serious, why was the terrorist allowed to go, order some food, eat some lunch, BEFORE they decided that he did something so "serious"?

It was of course stupid to say it, even in jest, but to think of this as some serious crime is pure insanity.

Not just this, Goodell will use the personal conduct policy and suspend him. Most reports about him talk about pending league discipline, he has other pending charges.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
uh, bowman will be back no later than week 4. book it.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 16, 2014 at 5:22 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I hope you're right Chaz! Still though both Harbaugh and Bowman have openly talked about him missing half the year possibly. Week 4 would be huge.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

I hope you're right Chaz! Still though both Harbaugh and Bowman have openly talked about him missing half the year possibly. Week 4 would be huge.

I'm going to confess something right now. I have no idea what I'm talking about. If he misses half the season, I will be very very sad.

Aldon will get suspended by the league, if I had to bet I'd say 4 games, we will still pick up the 5th year option on him and he will play this year. Bowman will be back between week 7 and week 9 and he'll be great again. Before the stretch run, we'll have our 4 great LBs together, dominating.

WHAT pray tell is Aldon going to be suspended for? What offense?

Saying, "I have a bomb" in jest? That? Is that the serious offense? If that offense is so damn serious, why was the terrorist allowed to go, order some food, eat some lunch, BEFORE they decided that he did something so "serious"?

It was of course stupid to say it, even in jest, but to think of this as some serious crime is pure insanity.

I think both sides are being a little hyperbolic. It was a crime, that isnt up for dispute and the guy has had a lot of problems in the last few years of varying levels of seriousness. I dont see this one as a big issue, but it is yet another issue in what seems to be a never ending cloud of drama with Aldon. I said a few pages back, this shouldnt be his last straw, but man it needs to be a wake up call for him and the franchise. They need to suround him with professionals, teammates, life coaches and get his personal life and decision making process sorted out. Give him one year where he is coached not just on the field but off it as well. If he gets his life together and becomes a man he gets paid like a man. If he continues to make decisions like a wreckless child he has to be let go. If he were in any other field save acting or musician he wouldnt even be given this many chances, but a real tragedy could come down the line if people dont try to help him first and foremost.
If Aldon gets punished for this, the terrorists have won. he's being chastised for the actions of the radical group responsible for 9/11. Before 9/11 you could walk around any airport saying the word "bomb" and no1curr. This is exactly what Bin Laden wants. DON'T LET THE TERRORISTS WIN! FREE ALDON!!!!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Our team is probably more concerned on whether or not alcohol was a factor. Even if he doesn't get charged, the fact that alcohol is involved after his rehab must be a concern.

What evidence is there that he has an alcohol problem? This was pure speculation by fans at the time, and it continues to be pure speculation.
What evidence is there that he drank alcohol earlier in the day? Is this another sort of made up charge by the mall cop?
Is he not allowed to lawfully drink alcohol anymore? Is it a banned NFL substance?

multiple DUIs

there is nothing wrong with alcohol, but giving guaranteed millions to a possible alcoholic who does dumb s**t when he is drunk is a huge factor

Let's say he is an alcoholic.

So what?

Has the alcoholism affected his play in college? Nope. Has it affected his play in the NFL? Nope.
He still gets to the quarterback and is an elite pass rusher, despite being stone cold wasted all the time.

So WHO CARES? The law? Ok, great, let THEM deal with the legal issues. Why does the NFL have to pretend that they have a collection of quire boys playing a gentleman's sport? What kind of b******t image are they trying to project?
Football is a brutal sport, filled with nasty people. These nasty people sometimes become broadcasters (Darren Sharper) and make it into the Hall-of-Fame (OJ Simpson). For each one they catch, there are probably a bunch more still in the woodwork.

We had a player beat a man over the head with a bottle until he drew blood. The man even filed a police report for assault. Later on this incident was swept under the rug like it was nothing. Yet DUI's are evil? Gay jokes? Saying the wrong word at the airport? Calling 911 to help your friend who has passed out? THESE are crimes in the NFL?

Murderers, rapists, gang members, and serial killers. These are the types of people that play in the NFL, and I bet many are still playing, yet the NFL is going to try and clean up its image by forcing people like Aldon Smith out, whose most terrible offense, is ramming his car into a poor innocent little tree?
This is like the worlds toughest prison trying to clean up its act, by getting rid of people who break prison rules by peeing behind a tree in the yard. It is pure insanity.

The NFL is HIDING from Darren Sharper. They are HIDING from Aaron Hernandez. Rapists and murderers. Yet Aldon Smith is supposed to be the poster boy, for what is wrong with the league? The NFL seems to have their priorities back asswards.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I think both sides are being a little hyperbolic. It was a crime, that isnt up for dispute and the guy has had a lot of problems in the last few years of varying levels of seriousness. I dont see this one as a big issue, but it is yet another issue in what seems to be a never ending cloud of drama with Aldon. I said a few pages back, this shouldnt be his last straw, but man it needs to be a wake up call for him and the franchise. They need to suround him with professionals, teammates, life coaches and get his personal life and decision making process sorted out. Give him one year where he is coached not just on the field but off it as well. If he gets his life together and becomes a man he gets paid like a man. If he continues to make decisions like a wreckless child he has to be let go. If he were in any other field save acting or musician he wouldnt even be given this many chances, but a real tragedy could come down the line if people dont try to help him first and foremost.

What if he bloodies someone's head by beating them with a beer bottle? That's cool right? Just a "mistake".

What if he masturbates in his teammates faces? Or pee's on teammates cars, or s**ts on their desk? That's cool right? We let Haley get away with that for years. He won multiple Super Bowls with us while doing it too.

But Aldon's multiple minor offences are too burdensome. It would be much better if he killed someone ONCE with his car (like Leonard Little), then hurt nobody multiple times. It would be better if he tortured animals ONCE (like Michael Vick), then continued to bring attention to himself in the tabloids.
I agree it's been concerning but I'm not that worried, here's how I see it playing out. We have a home run draft since we have a ton of picks in a great draft, all this frustration is about to turn into some real excitement.

The Kaep stuff is just media BS, a lot has come out already about it, by the time the draft is over we'll know that Kaep did nothing wrong and he will still sign a long term extension prior to training camp. AND so will Crabtree AND Harbaugh. The organization will want to put all the bad media BS behind them and after the draft I expect a flurry of moves. Several vets will get extensions that help with cap room like VD, Willis, Brooks, Dorsey maybe even Gore, Ray Mac etc. Then we'll see the big extensions to guys like Kaep and Crabs (maybe even Iupati) and of course Harbs.

The DB will be better than last year, Culliver will be apart of it, we'll have at least one rookie playing a nice role and Bethea will be an upgrade over Whitner.

Tank is going to come in and be a big part of our DL rotation, he will eventually push Ray Mac for his starting spot & improve our pass rush, the guy is a monster and will play like it. All these factors put together and our D will actually maintain it's dominance and eventually be improved.

Lattimore will finally make our RB approach more than just giving the ball to Gore and tiring him out by the end of the season. By the end of the year, I'm betting we're ready to hand the reigns over to him next year.

Kaep will continue to develop, we will have more weapons with Crabs & Patton healthy + a rookie (and maybe even a productive Lloyd) and an improved #2 TE as I expect a big jump by Vance this year. Our offense will be more balanced, we will still be a power running team at heart but we'll open it up and become more explosive.

At the end of the day, the 49ers still have one of the most talented rosters in football & we're still going to have a nice infusion of young talent with the draft class plus Lattimore, Tank, Dial as well as the return of injured vets Culliver and Ian Williams. We will win between 11 and 13 regular season games and contend for a Superbowl and all this off season BS will be behind us.
Your spot on. I honestly think there's a lot of media pile-on. People forget that we won games without Aldon last season. And we still went to the SB in spite of a bad case of the injury bug. With healthy key players and a batch of talented youngsters we were blessed to redshirt figuring to contribute I see the 49ers being even better in 2014.

I see us going 14-2, baring injuries.

Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I think people need to chill out over this. Anyone who travels hates the tsa who targeted him and he said what everyone is thinking anyway.

The dui's and gun charges are far worse.

I still don't get it. He basically just mouthed off to the wrong person, am I right? Had he mouthed off to anyone else not on a power trip, this would have never even made headlines or gotten this far? Like Culliver, they are both young, and still make mental mistakes when dealing with other people. You can tell from the TMZ video that he has a chip on his shoulder, and he basically just says the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Thats all this situation is using sarcasm in a place sarcasm isnt welcome. But Goodell is going to look at this as Aldon is not learning and hes waiting to make an example out of him.

Goodell should suspend him because of the pattern even though I don't think this recent incident is a big deal.

What Ray rice has done is far far worse than anything Aldon has done.
If Aldon gets anything more than a 4-6 game suspension, I'll be pissed!!!

This is a minor incident in which he got irritated, was being a smart ass and said something extremely idiotic. Charges might not even stick, especially considering how suspect this whole story is and possible negligence on the part of the TSA allowing a guy that allegedly said bomb through the gateway. Frankly, I don't even think this incident is worthy of a harsh punishment from the league and even if they do hand him a little suspension, I still believe it's in our best interest to pick up the option; you don't let a guy this good get away and he can still be cut at any time should he act up again. Perhaps the team is spreading rumors about Smith possibly playing his last game as a Niner to light a real fire under his ass and let him know he's treading on thin ice. This should be a wake up call....but not the last straw. Huge, huge mistake if so.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I think people need to chill out over this. Anyone who travels hates the tsa who targeted him and he said what everyone is thinking anyway.

The dui's and gun charges are far worse.

I still don't get it. He basically just mouthed off to the wrong person, am I right? Had he mouthed off to anyone else not on a power trip, this would have never even made headlines or gotten this far? Like Culliver, they are both young, and still make mental mistakes when dealing with other people. You can tell from the TMZ video that he has a chip on his shoulder, and he basically just says the wrong thing to the wrong person.

Thats all this situation is using sarcasm in a place sarcasm isnt welcome. But Goodell is going to look at this as Aldon is not learning and hes waiting to make an example out of him.

Goodell should suspend him because of the pattern even though I don't think this recent incident is a big deal.

What Ray rice has done is far far worse than anything Aldon has done.

Huh? All Rice did was beat a woman unconscious. Is that a crime now? Far worse things are done in the fair and just country of Saudi Arabia.

Aldon Smith on the other hand is a terrorist. He threatened to blow up a plane with hundreds of women and children on board. Thank God the TSA caught him red handed (literally) while eating at a McDonalds before he was able to pull it off.

I can't believe you think one silly woman taking a nap after being taught a lesson is worse than a flaming airplane in the sky above LA with multiple casualties. You are a sick man.
I say Yes. Enough is enough. We won 5 games in a row without him last season. We may have to target his fellow alumni in the draft, Kony Ealy, to replace him but maybe now it's also time for Lemonier and Skuta to shine for us.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Apr 16, 2014 at 6:42 AM ]
No. But he is close IMO. His big long term contract is probably dead. He took money out of his own pocket with his own actions.
Share 49ersWebzone