LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why is it better if he is suspended next season? That still hurts us. It's still stupid knucklehead behavior that is costing the team.

It's not necessarily better at all. It's just the way things seem to work these days. The NFL waits for court proceedings to conclude and then issues its ruling.

There's just too much money invested in this team from the NFL, we're all over TV, we're gonna be U.S. ambassadors at the end of October, and we got the hottest QB in the league.

Unless Aldon goes on a bender and runs over 10 old ladies, or is caught robbing from a crack house, the dude isn't going anywhere.
Unreleased video of Aldon Smith just before his arrest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOBNrAtIhRo
I don't think he deserves a suspension for this. He should be fined and forced to go to some AA meetings.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
And people were giving me s**t a couple weeks ago when I said Aldon seemed like kind of a thug...

Hey, if you think having to much to drink, smoking a little pot, staying up late with ladies you're trying to score on and being too stupid to call a cab when you want to go home makes you a thug, that's fine. But, my definition of thug would include violence. And please don't bring up the guns and stabbings. We have no idea what really happened with that stuff so lets not pretend we do. All we do know is that no criminal accusations have been made and that some people are trying to make some money in civil court.
Aldon just needs to hire a driver, problem solved. Hell I might even hit him on twitter and apply, that would be a pretty wild second job...lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He must have issues as he's using Alcohol and Marijuana to medicate.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
There are few things I find that are more annoying and frustrating to me than athletes who have been given the tremendous fortune of being in the big leagues and then screwing it all up with their own personal baggage. It's just mind boggling to me that you could be looking at millions of dollars to play a game you love and not appreciate that gift enough to do the right thing and live the right way. This is one reason I always greatly appreciate the athletes who work hard and are good citizens. How can you not appreciate an athlete like Alex Smith who is just an all around good citizen or one like Colin Kaepernick who works his ass off every day of the week to get better and stays out of trouble? Or, a guy like Frank Gore, who takes care of his family or the Cowboy, who just goes about his business?

So what do you propose a single 25 year old do in his free time? Alex smith was married so clubbing was kind of out of the question.

The DUIs are inexcusable, but the "problems" at night clubs is easily forgivable.

Will you give up everything you have for 2 million a year for the next 10 years? Your family, Friends, no going out at all.

Basically solitary confinement.
And people were giving me s**t a couple weeks ago when I said Aldon seemed like kind of a thug...

Aldon has a little Aaron Hernandez in him. Hopefully not too much.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

horses**t. Aldon is not plotting murders. the kid is just partying a lil too hard.

lol. I wouldn't compare Aldon to a psychotic killer just yet.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, Aldon is smoking joints not killers like Hernandez.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

lol. I wouldn't compare Aldon to a psychotic killer just yet.

He's already involved in stabbings, shootings, dui's, drugs, alcohol, lawsuits, illegal guns. It's just one more step.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's already involved in stabbings, shootings, dui's, drugs, alcohol, lawsuits, illegal guns. It's just one more step.

Lol, it's true.

Irresponsible partier is not one step away from murderer.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He must have issues as he's using Alcohol and Marijuana to medicate.

Marijuana is one of the best medications there is for many problems. I'm more worried about the pills than the weed.
Share 49ersWebzone