LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 49ersking:
I understand how the news cycle works, but if the DA wants to charge him...just do it. Otherwise, don't talk about it until something meaningful happens.
Meanwhile, this distraction certainly doesn't help the 49ers.

No kidding.
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.
pay off everyone. Money buys ANYTHING.

#paythemyorks
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
After the constant PED and Seadderal jokes the last few months, I'd like to ask assuming this lawsuit has basis: Which is worse...getting stabbed and discharging an illegal firearm in city limits while intoxicated... Getting drunk and hitting a teammate over the head with a beer bottle.....or failing to get league clearance to take a medication that was prescribed to you by a doctor? Besides Lynch's DUI and Moffit's public urination, nothing is worse or as violent up here with the team.

And just for the record, I hope the allegations are completely untrue. I'm a Hawks fan but I would hate to see an elite talent like Aldon Smith live in the shadow of something as stupid as firing shots in the air at a house party while drunk.
Crimes are worse than cheating but it has nothing to do with football.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Albondigas
[ Edited by teeohh on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:

no1curr

This.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Sep 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM ]
Aldon got a little bit of Hernandez in him. This is very troubling. Why can't he just stay out of trouble and play ball?

I hate it when 49ers are alleged or even convicted of breaking any law because I remember our greatest teams being full of classy individuals and I feel that's how 49ers should act.
Allright DR Hawk, do you love the game of football and if so how do u feel about the players of your team knowingly taking an unknown substance to get an unfair advantage which inturn cheapens the game and makes your coach look like a joke every time he talks about competition.
I'm all about giving young guys multiple chances before passing judgement, but this guy's a complete f*cking idiot off the field.

I don't even care if all this stuff about him & Delanie shooting guns to break up the party is true. Did you guys see his jerry curl on the top 100 player countdown? No excuse for that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
IN B4 THE RACIS..................too late.

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I hate it when 49ers are alleged or even convicted of breaking any law because I remember our greatest teams being full of classy individuals and I feel that's how 49ers should act.
Allright DR Hawk, do you love the game of football and if so how do u feel about the players of your team knowingly taking an unknown substance to get an unfair advantage which inturn cheapens the game and makes your coach look like a joke every time he talks about competition.

lol @ prescribed by a doctor.
Originally posted by kujon11:
lol @ prescribed by a doctor.

This...talk about making s**t up.
Amazing how this surfaces just before the first game.

Also, why is the DA now all of a sudden thinking about pressing charges? What happened a year ago that he didn't think this needed to be investigated.

The law from what I understand it is stupid. He should have known and got the guns changed. But he didn't so my guess is if they press charges it would be a mis and he would just be put on probation. If they went with felony that would be horse s**t and just the DA trying to make a name for themselves.

As for the civil, it is a civil lawsuit. It could be the guy trying to get money or not. Aldon threw the party, he got shot so I feel he does have some responsibility for what happened. Maybe settle out of court.

But from my understanding there is no legal issue with firing a gun on your property. It is the compliance of the weapon. True or false? If that is true then Aldon is not really in any trouble from the NFL. I would have a hard time believing Goodell would suspend him for failing to modify a weapon legally purchased in another state.
Krapt! This is just crummy, regardless of what the facts are, because if some deputy DA wants to make a big name for himself, well, he can do it. I would guess, Jed, trent, JH have all looked into this by now, talked with Aldon, and hopefully they with the DA can come to a decision that perhaps ends up being informative to the younger crowd, and makes them much more aware of the guns issue. As a hunter since age 6, and no stranger to guns, I hate when somebody has an issue, and wrecks any and everything in trying to promote that agenda. Sure guns are a bad idea in non-responsible person's hands. But that doesn't mean anyone who has a gun is a bad person. True, some bad persons do own guns. I seriously dispute Aldon is one of those guys. Hopefully , this blows over. At the least, Aldon needs to do some self re-assessment with his gun penchant.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Amazing how this surfaces just before the first game.

Also, why is the DA now all of a sudden thinking about pressing charges? What happened a year ago that he didn't think this needed to be investigated.

The law from what I understand it is stupid. He should have known and got the guns changed. But he didn't so my guess is if they press charges it would be a mis and he would just be put on probation. If they went with felony that would be horse s**t and just the DA trying to make a name for themselves.

As for the civil, it is a civil lawsuit. It could be the guy trying to get money or not. Aldon threw the party, he got shot so I feel he does have some responsibility for what happened. Maybe settle out of court.

But from my understanding there is no legal issue with firing a gun on your property. It is the compliance of the weapon. True or false? If that is true then Aldon is not really in any trouble from the NFL. I would have a hard time believing Goodell would suspend him for failing to modify a weapon legally purchased in another state.

Correct, there is no legal issue with firing a gun in the air on his property, especially if he felt threatened and was defending himself. The issue is indeed about the compliance of the weapon. I just don't understand why he needed that assault rifle. It's plain stupid. These kids need to think before acting and just consider how their actions might affect their lives, their careers, and their teams. I appreciate that Aldon hasn't done anything stupid since that time, and that may be something that goes in his favor when the DA considers pressing charges. But getting these assault rifles and holding a party in his home for gangster thugs was just plain stupid.
Share 49ersWebzone