LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Day 4,723 and no decision yet.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I think by now we all know Aldon Smith has excellent lawyers and that the NFLPA has a lot of pull. There is NO way they let LAX factor in when the charges were dropped completely without a settlement or penalty whatsoever. All they really have on Aldon right now is the gun purchase that led to his illegal weapons possession charges reduced to misdemeanor. Sure they can throw the book at him but that was more of a mistake than a blatant attempt at possession with criminal intent. If Aldon knew this he wouldn't have allowed a search of his home until he had a chance to button those weapons or a search warrant was shown. It was a case of he should have known but didn't. Not IDGAF and Fu** the Police!

Do u think if Goodell gives him a 4 game suspension that he appeals it? Or what do u think he appeals to less games?
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Do u think if Goodell gives him a 4 game suspension that he appeals it? Or what do u think he appeals to less games?

If he gets four games off of this year, he's got to appeal. That adds up to nine games, if you factor in the five last year (like Rog promised he would). If it really is about changing the behavior, you can't throw the book at this kid.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

If he gets four games off of this year, he's got to appeal. That adds up to nine games, if you factor in the five last year (like Rog promised he would). If it really is about changing the behavior, you can't throw the book at this kid.

He should get 3 at most then. I would be more than fine with that, if the cap is 8 games.
[ Edited by niners94 on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by niners94:

He should get 3 at most then. I would be more than fine with that, if the cap is 8 games.

He shouldnt get any game suspensions....Actually he should get credit for some games
Aldon should get a massive fine and a 1 game suspension making it 6 total games lost. The fine should be in the amount of the games he got paid for last season when at rehab. That would equate to a 6 game suspension.
[ Edited by WINiner on Aug 23, 2014 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Aldon should get a massive fine and a 1 game suspension making it 6 total games lost. The fine should be in the amount of the games he got paid for last season when at rehab. That would equate to a 6 game suspension.

Sounds good to me. Anything more would be overboard for the summation of the NON VIOLENT misdemeanors Aldon has committed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by niners94:

He shouldnt get any game suspensions....Actually he should get credit for some games

Add a few more sacks to his total
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Aug 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM ]
I wish Goodell would just make up his mind and make his announcement. The not knowing is killing me.
There's no way Goodell could punish him due to a few guys saying they thought they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath. Didn't the authorities say afterwards that they didn't think alcohol was involved?

Originally posted by AmpLee:
I guess the good thing is that all the reporters that proclaimed to know the sentence of 6-8 games two weeks ago, are full of s**t. If it was already decided by Goodell back then, then he would have announced that decision. The more carefully he can weigh the evidence, the better I see the decision for us.

That said, he may be waiting on some research into the Airport thing. If the NFL interviews the TSA and Airport Police and they say they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath and Aldon told the commissioner he was sober, I could see that 5 game self-imposed rehab being all for not, which would assuredly raise the suspension time.

Dude! The TSA and Airport Police have little to no credibility here in saying that just as they could not make the claim of him being a bomb threat and that no one arrested him on public intoxication that is fool's gold. Aldon has too good of an attorney and the NFLPA won't let that fly. The same a$$holes that let him through the gates then bandied about the idea of a bomb threat and public intoxication and now the commissioner is supposed to mete out discipline for something the DA themselves said never happened? This is reaching for something here and I would be pissed at Goodell for it. THE GUNS are whats left IMO and even those were misdemeanors and all were earned with one evidence discovery that Aldon allowed to happen because he didn't know he had done anything wrong. Still his fault but there was no criminal intent and he has done nothing violent to date except to opposing team QBs. As to Aldon being truthful, well he is the only player that I can think of that attacked his alcoholism head on voluntarily IN SEASON for a total of 5 games. It would be nice if other players that got into this type of trouble showed this type of accountability for their actions and sought out the proper help at whatever cost including missing 5 games!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I wish Goodell would just make up his mind and make his announcement. The not knowing is killing me.

I guess the good thing is that all the reporters that proclaimed to know the sentence of 6-8 games two weeks ago, are full of s**t. If it was already decided by Goodell back then, then he would have announced that decision. The more carefully he can weigh the evidence, the better I see the decision for us.

That said, he may be waiting on some research into the Airport thing. If the NFL interviews the TSA and Airport Police and they say they smelled alcohol on Aldon's breath and Aldon told the commissioner he was sober, I could see that 5 game self-imposed rehab being all for not, which would assuredly raise the suspension time.

They would have had to administered a breathalyzer . They would not be able to just go on what someone may or may not have smelled. He would have to have concrete proof to suspend him.
I got a bad feeling goodell is going to f**k us. he let ray rice off easy and now the over correction is coming.
Originally posted by outside4949:
I got a bad feeling goodell is going to f**k us. he let ray rice off easy and now the over correction is coming.

Or you could look at it like this. He would look even worse on the Rice thing if he imposes too stiff a penalty on Smith.
Now is the time Godel, now is the perfect time!
Share 49ersWebzone