Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Donte Stallworth - He killed someone with his DUI. So the NFL suspended him for it.
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

The list goes on and on...

That was barely 10% of the list. Many of those players had MULTIPLE DUI's and/or other arrests. VERY FEW were ever suspended by the NFL. So yeah, obviously, Aldon Smith is being suspended for his DUI's. Or perhaps...

NOT.

Aldon is being suspended because the FANS want something bad to happen to the 49ers. Goodell is appealing to those outcries.
It is a classic which hunt, where the town has had a run of bad luck, and that pretty lady on the hill, who everybody else is jealous of in their miserable little existences, are going to burn at the stake simply because they have the slightest excuse they can find.

We were a dynasty for 20+ years. That created a ton of rage and jealousy, now we are back, with one of the best new coaches in a generation, which some of the best young talent in generations, competing again like a dynasty. With a new, once in a generation quarterback who we just signed, who is well-liked by most non-football fans, and is hated to death by everyone who hates the 49ers.
Aldon Smith's MISDEMEANORS are these pathetic louts way of letting out their anger for the fact that we are BACK.

It is truly pathetic.

But perhaps the most sad thing of all, is the fact that many of our own fans, have also been caught up in this popular uprising against their own team. They side against Aldon Smith, because perhaps they are embarrassed on a subconscious level; embarrassed by the riches this team has once again obtained, and deep down, they are willing to let Aldon Smith take 50 lashes if it keeps the rest of the NFL fan base off our backs for a little while.

Aldon Smith's UNPRECEDENTED suspension is one of the most grotesque display's of cowardice and witch hunt politics the NFL has ever endured.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.
Never sexually assaulted a woman.
Never took a banned substance.
Never took an illegal substance.
Never on legal or NFL probation.

EVERY OTHER PLAYER who as been suspended by the league for four games or more has committed one or multiple combinations of the above.

Aldon Smith will be the first player to be suspended by the league for four or more games without having committed a single one of the above execrable acts.

THE FIRST.

(Not directed to the above poster)
So you tell me what this is about? Please! PLEASE. Anybody? Can you?
No. You cannot.
Only the pitchfork wielding mob can. And they're not interested in talking, nor do they want justice. They just want to see the pretty girl burned at the stake.

PATHETIC.

Send this to Goodell. And the Matts. And Eisen. And ESPN. And turn it sideways and shove it up Florio's candy-coated azz.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Aug 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Goodwill is not the law, aldon constantly heard of his wrong doings as long as we talked about him getting in trouble. passing out and waking up in front of a tree to the cops probably runs through head stll..he is a new father and has been sober ever since the incident. He still needs to serve his punishment like everyone else that gets a DUI as well.

What is this passing out and waking up in front of a tree crap.

He was driving drunk, passed out and hit a tree, or maybe driving drunk, hit a tree and passed out.

If Aldon were dumb enough to talk about what he did in your terms when he met with Goodell, he would be suspended for the whole year.

Either way, passing out and hitting a tree did happen..not sure what you are trying to accomplish here

And also who said anything about AS explaining what he did to RG ?

Aldon Smith did meet with Goodell. I think they probably talked about that particular incident, don't you.

Also, you did forget to mention both driving drunk and hitting the tree in your post.

Both do seem more than a little important.

What are you trying to prove with AS meeting with goodell, when i wasn't talking about the meeting ?

Also, what are trying to prove whats not already proven with him drinking and driving ..everyone knows he got a DUI so he had to be drinking and driving
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Knocking your gf unconscious and dragging her body carelessly around like a rag doll doesn't scream menace to society to you? Aldon's done some stupid s**t but nothing malicious and violent as Rice !

This! Some folk think that because we advocate for our players we are all homers without a conscience but it ain't so. I realize and blame Aldon for what he has done but I ain't for throwing the book at him over every single thing he was accused of when a lot of it was dismissed in a court of law. What makes Goodell greater than a judge and jury?

Nobody said Goodell was greater than judge or jury. He has the right to impose discipline as he sees fit *as Aldon's employer*. He's not giving Aldon life without parole.

Legalization of recreational marijuana use doesn't make you immune to the repercussions of violating your employer's drug-free policy.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

Nobody said Goodell was greater than judge or jury. He has the right to impose discipline as he sees fit *as Aldon's employer*. He's not giving Aldon life without parole.

Legalization of recreational marijuana use doesn't make you immune to the repercussions of violating your employer's drug-free policy.

Spoken like a man with experience in the matter. Much respect.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Y usually ANL but in this very instance, you do.

Straight edge.

Y usually ANL but in this very instance, you do.

Straight edge.

Your numerous posts from bar stools sipping sparkling water confirm this.

I am sorry if I have offended you in any way.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Let me try...

Ray McDonald got a DUI.
Jeff Garcia got a DUI.
Marshawn Lynch got a DUI.
John Abraham
Josh Gordon
Sean Smith
Fred Davis
Spencer Ware
Erin Henderson
Jerome Simpson
D.C. Jefferson
Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Alfonzo Dennard
Evan Rodriguez
Joe Morgan
Quentin Saulsberry
Armonty Bryant
Brandon Barden
Trumaine Johnson
Al Netter
Josh Brent
Demarcus Dobbs
Kenny Britt
Donald Washington
Robert Quinn
Aaron Berry
David Diehl
Justin Blackmon
Jerome Felton
Nick Fairley
Brandon Meriweather
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Knowshon Moreno
Tyrell Johnson
Matt Prater
Paul Hubbard - And this guy also hit the police officer
Hines Ward
Corey Williams
Antwan Applewhite
Michael Bush
Joe Joseph
Sergio Kindle
Mike Williams
Raheem Brock
D.J. Williams
Dwayne Jarrett
Braylon Edwards
Fili Moala
Gerard Lawson
Quinton Ganther
Joey Porter
Ronnie Brown
Spencer Havner
Will Allen
Byron Westbrook
Rey Maualuga
Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Donte Stallworth - He killed someone with his DUI. So the NFL suspended him for it.
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

That was barely 10% of the list. Many of those players had MULTIPLE DUI's and/or other arrests. VERY FEW were ever suspended by the NFL. So yeah, obviously, Aldon Smith is being suspended for his DUI's. Or perhaps...

NOT.

Aldon is being suspended because the FANS want something bad to happen to the 49ers. Goodell is appealing to those outcries.
It is a classic which hunt, where the town has had a run of bad luck, and that pretty lady on the hill, who everybody else is jealous of in their miserable little existences, are going to burn at the stake simply because they have the slightest excuse they can find.

We were a dynasty for 20+ years. That created a ton of rage and jealousy, now we are back, with one of the best new coaches in a generation, which some of the best young talent in generations, competing again like a dynasty. With a new, once in a generation quarterback who we just signed, who is well-liked by most non-football fans, and is hated to death by everyone who hates the 49ers.
Aldon Smith's MISDEMEANORS are these pathetic louts way of letting out their anger for the fact that we are BACK.

It is truly pathetic.

But perhaps the most sad thing of all, is the fact that many of our own fans, have also been caught up in this popular uprising against their own team. They side against Aldon Smith, because perhaps they are embarrassed on a subconscious level; embarrassed by the riches this team has once again obtained, and deep down, they are willing to let Aldon Smith take 50 lashes if it keeps the rest of the NFL fan base off our backs for a little while.

Aldon Smith's UNPRECEDENTED suspension is one of the most grotesque display's of cowardice and witch hunt politics the NFL has ever endured.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.

EVERY OTHER PLAYER who as been suspended by the league for four games or more has committed one or multiple combinations of the above.

Aldon Smith will be the first player to be suspended by the league for four or more games without having committed a single one of the above execrable acts.

THE FIRST.

No. You cannot.
Only the pitchfork wielding mob can. And they're not interested in talking, nor do they want justice. They just want to see the pretty girl burned at the stake.

PATHETIC.

Send this to Goodell. And the Matts. And Eisen. And ESPN. And turn it sideways and shove it up Florio's candy-coated azz.
I think you should throw this on twitter!! @nflcommish
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM ]

I don't get offended but would appreciate if you refrained from allowing this type of banter to spill out of 24/7.

Good day, sir.

That's out of the way. How about that Aldon Smith?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Let me try...

Ray McDonald got a DUI.
Jeff Garcia got a DUI.
Marshawn Lynch got a DUI.
John Abraham
Josh Gordon
Sean Smith
Fred Davis
Spencer Ware
Erin Henderson
Jerome Simpson
D.C. Jefferson
Jay Ratliff
Eric Wright
Alfonzo Dennard
Evan Rodriguez
Joe Morgan
Quentin Saulsberry
Armonty Bryant
Brandon Barden
Trumaine Johnson
Al Netter
Josh Brent
Demarcus Dobbs
Kenny Britt
Donald Washington
Robert Quinn
Aaron Berry
David Diehl
Justin Blackmon
Jerome Felton
Nick Fairley
Brandon Meriweather
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Knowshon Moreno
Tyrell Johnson
Matt Prater
Paul Hubbard - And this guy also hit the police officer
Hines Ward
Corey Williams
Antwan Applewhite
Michael Bush
Joe Joseph
Sergio Kindle
Mike Williams
Raheem Brock
D.J. Williams
Dwayne Jarrett
Braylon Edwards
Fili Moala
Gerard Lawson
Quinton Ganther
Joey Porter
Ronnie Brown
Spencer Havner
Will Allen
Byron Westbrook
Rey Maualuga
Taj Smith
Bobby McCray
Eric Weems
Marcus Johnson
Cedric Griffin
Chris Davis
Owen Schmitt
Leon Hall
Reggie Williams
Jamal Williams
Vincent Jackson
Kareem McKenzie
Matt McCoy
Lawyer Milloy
Tommy Kelly
Jevon Kearse
Daren Stone

NOT.

It is truly pathetic.

NON-VIOLENT.
Never cheated the NFL.
Never lied.
Never stole.
Never assaulted a cop.
Never hit a woman.

THE FIRST.

No. You cannot.

PATHETIC.

I think you should throw this on twitter!! @nflcommish

Eh....might want to wait until it actually you know....happens. Just sayin.

Brian ... painting everyone (whether 49er lover or not) with a broad brush is not fair. Whether Aldon deserves this compared to other incidents by other players is neither her nor there. Since when is ANYTHING in life fair? Perhaps it is for the reasons you state, perhaps not. Jealousy is a motive for sure for all sorts of misdeeds. If so, Lynch should be suspended any day ... being that they are the current SB champs? Plenty of jealousy toward that brash, loud mouthed team right now across the NFL.

I have said this before, and you cannot change my mind. Regardless of how unfair a suspension is perceived, it was Aldon himself (and no one else) that has put himself and the team at risk. If you don't want a dictator of a commish to mete out an unjust sentence, then don't do something socially unacceptable. Aldon f'ed up multiple times, and he left himself and his team at the mercy of Goodell's whims.

At this point just end the suspense for gods sake Roger! Oh, and one thing we will never agree on (you and I Brian), is the DUI and subsequently parking into a tree. Aldon is damned lucky he didn't kill someone, or himself. If you believe in guardian angels, one was looking out for Aldon that night.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
BREAKING NEWS: There's still no news.

Word on the street is Goodell is going to hand down his sentence some time around Thanksgiving. Not sure of the significance of the timing.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Brian ... painting everyone (whether 49er lover or not) with a broad brush is not fair. Whether Aldon deserves this compared to other incidents by other players is neither her nor there. Since when is ANYTHING in life fair? Perhaps it is for the reasons you state, perhaps not. Jealousy is a motive for sure for all sorts of misdeeds. If so, Lynch should be suspended any day ... being that they are the current SB champs? Plenty of jealousy toward that brash, loud mouthed team right now across the NFL.

I have said this before, and you cannot change my mind. Regardless of how unfair a suspension is perceived, it was Aldon himself (and no one else) that has put himself and the team at risk. If you don't want a dictator of a commish to mete out an unjust sentence, then don't do something socially unacceptable. Aldon f'ed up multiple times, and he left himself and his team at the mercy of Goodell's whims.

At this point just end the suspense for gods sake Roger! Oh, and one thing we will never agree on (you and I Brian), is the DUI and subsequently parking into a tree. Aldon is damned lucky he didn't kill someone, or himself. If you believe in guardian angels, one was looking out for Aldon that night.

I'm betting the commish and aldon have deal - no DUI or any more legal incidents in pre-season, he'll let aldon off the hook. But if he even gets a parking ticket, he'll let him have it with both barrels.

I don't get offended but would appreciate if you refrained from allowing this type of banter to spill out of 24/7.

Good day, sir.

That's out of the way. How about that Aldon Smith?
He will set career highs in sacks and pressures this year, suspension or no.

BOOK.

IT.
Is the time taking for an announcement a positive sign? Is Goodell surveying possible negative feedback for a lesser penalty?
Share 49ersWebzone