LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Maybe if Aldon had punched the TSA lady he would only get a 2 game ban too.
Good Question. Are the TSA Considered "Federal" Officers ?? cause today i was at the SS Ofice and some laday started yelling at the guard. And guard told here to slow here roll because she was dealing with a "Federal" Officer.LOL

They are, as the TSA is a sub agency of DHS. Though, they're basically the federal equivalent of mall cops.
[ Edited by baltien on Aug 8, 2014 at 2:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Aldon is going to get a 6-8 gamer.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Aldon is going to get a 6-8 gamer.

Have you consulted the penis on this matter?
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Marshawn Lynch was arrested for felony possession of a CONCEALED firearm.
Later he was arrested for a DUI, where it was reported that he was swerving through lanes, and "nearly collided with several vehicles" on a major Bay Area freeway.
Has HE been suspended for anything?

Aldon was arrested with a DUI, let's call it equal (even though it is not even close to equal).
He was also charged with possessing firearms in his HOME.

Can SOMEONE, somewhere, out there, explain to me how Aldon is facing a suspension, when Lynch is celebrating a Super Bowl victory and is getting ready for another suspension free season?

ANYONE???

I can't......it's unreal, the uneven way suspension are administered is rediculous. Instead of speeding up the process, aldon should have just slowed played it, said f**k it to rehab and just got the s**t tied up in courts for years. Goodell is slowly but surely screwing this league up.

Yeah, I heard Goodell say that the purpose of the consequences he doles out is not to punish but to make sure the behaviors don't happen any more. What is the next team and player going to think if voluntarily missing a lot of games to get the player's head straight so that they don't repeat "bad" behaviors gets you next to nothing?
The one thing Aldon is he is engaging. He is funny and gentle and fun to be around. This comes through easily! He is a good spirited young man sober. Sure he is immature but he is no Charles Haley. Now that Goodell has seen Aldon I feel better. Aldon is well liked by the 49ers and Goodell will like him too. I see no more than two games after the 5 weeks are factored in. 1 to 3 games after a 6-8 game initial ban is most likely. Aldon came in more kid than man. A man-child. He is growing though
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 8, 2014 at 6:52 AM ]
http://www.csnbayarea.com/show/91361/episode/1024916
I agree. The nfl should reward the niners and aldon for checking into rehab voluntarily. Nobody does that.

Aldon got paid during his leave so the
Nfl should suspend him, give him time served, and take away some game checks so it is fair to other players who got suspended and lost pay.

Its a win win win.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I agree. The nfl should reward the niners and aldon for checking into rehab voluntarily. Nobody does that.

Aldon got paid during his leave so the
Nfl should suspend him, give him time served, and take away some game checks so it is fair to other players who got suspended and lost pay.

Its a win win win.

All they have to do is take away some game checks and I think the thing works out even. He suspended himself. With the rehab. That has to count for something.
i'm assuming he is getting suspended for 6-8 games after the report from yesterday. i also remember a few days prior to the ray rice ruling there were "rumors" it would be a 2 game suspension and it ended up being exactly that.

goddell should say ok you are suspended 6 games, you already missed 5 games so you miss the opener in dallas
Originally posted by AmpLee:
And the reports that the Niner expect 4-6 games better be wrong. If I'm the Niners, I put out that I expect 0-4 games and anything more is a joke.

Agree. EVen if he gets 4 games, that s 9 game suspension for silly s**t. That would be 100x worse then what society via the courts think he should be penalized.

• buck
  • Veteran
I really want this to end, and want to Aldon back on the field for the 49ers for many years.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
I really want this to end, and want to Aldon back on the field for the 49ers for many years.

yes,, lets announce it today and get it over with so we know what we have to do. i am sure the niners know what they are going to do anyway with this but it would just be nice to get some closure on it so we can officially move forward
He better not be suspended for 6 games. 6th game is against the Rams on Monday night football, the 1 game I get to go to a year..
I'm betting 4 games.

If Goodell was fair, he would count time served and fine him since he got paid for those weeks, but he isn't fair. Honestly won't be shocked if it's 6 or even 8. Goodell is that big of an asshat.
Originally posted by Phil:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Marshawn Lynch was arrested for felony possession of a CONCEALED firearm.
Later he was arrested for a DUI, where it was reported that he was swerving through lanes, and "nearly collided with several vehicles" on a major Bay Area freeway.
Has HE been suspended for anything?

Aldon was arrested with a DUI, let's call it equal (even though it is not even close to equal).
He was also charged with possessing firearms in his HOME.

Can SOMEONE, somewhere, out there, explain to me how Aldon is facing a suspension, when Lynch is celebrating a Super Bowl victory and is getting ready for another suspension free season?

ANYONE???

Because the NFL gestapo has it out for the Niners and wants to put the screws in as hard as possible. My guts been telling me that Aldon would get a suspension way worse than only a couple games and it sounds like that's what they're expecting and it's complete bulls**t but it is what it is. If it's more than 6 then it's totally overcompensation for Ray Rice's dinky little suspension and also to make an example out of Aldon. Maybe they'll get lucky and get it reduced to only 4 somehow.

Been thinking this too. Since All the people on facebook, feminists and the likes have been having a cow in the face of the Rice situation Aldon might get the scrap end of the stick so the NFL can "save face".
You guys keep comparing Smith's situation to Lynch's. But you seem to be making up the story as you go. If you are gonna talk about it atleast tell the truth. For no other reason than... It is the easiest thing to remember.
Lynch was convicted of a MISDEAMOR gun charge in New York. He was consequently suspended for 3 games by the NFL.
When Lynch was charged with DUI in Cali, they couldn't make DUI stick and he pled it down to and was convicted of WRECKLESS DRIVING. And no... he wasn't suspended by the NFL for the WRECKLESS DRIVING conviction. For all we know he was DUI but the cops were idiots.

Smith is facing superficial gun conviction PLUS his SECOND DUI conviction. There I used caps to help you guys out seeing as how you are too lazy to read beyond the headlines. I thought people in Nor Cal were supposed to be smart....
Share 49ersWebzone