There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith Thread **2015 Incident Tracker- 0**

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I like it. Obviously a step back with Aldon and Bowman not in the lineup, but a good group nonetheless.

Tank has been destroying people early in camp.

Ward was born to play football. Elite instincts to immediately step in and own the slot CB role.

Lemonade was very effective last year, he just needs to take the next step and turn those pressures into sacks.

Wilhoite was solid filling in last year.

We'll be fine.

I hope Ward is no AJ Jenkins, so far he's the opposite in practice
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Which would have been obviated by Smith acting like he should have. Goodell's singular power, and uneven dispensing of justice aside, it was Smith that let it get to this point where GoToHell is involved. Still all on him imo.

WHAT's all on him?? There hasnt been any punishment dished out quite yet for you to say it's all on him. That's irrational.

You're basically saying whether it's a 2 year, 3 year, career suspension,...he deserves whatever he gets and should keep his mouth shut about it.

Players are not always going to be angels,...get used to it. We as fans are going to seek for our players to be treated fairly. If you still choose to follow these guys that will undoubtedly get in trouble from time to time then that's a situation imo where we can look and say it's all on you for still choosing to follow and be a fan.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by cciowa:
skuta

Of course! Haven't forgotten about Skuta. I was talking about Nickel D. Skuta will be in the Base D.
i do not know one from the other! i will leave that stuff up to you we did not miss to much of a beat when aldon was out of action last night,, albeit vs some crappy teams,,, and i have no fear about losing him for however long this year
Originally posted by random49er:
Which would have been obviated by Smith acting like he should have. Goodell's singular power, and uneven dispensing of justice aside, it was Smith that let it get to this point where GoToHell is involved. Still all on him imo.

WHAT's all on him?? There hasnt been any punishment dished out quite yet for you to say it's all on him. That's irrational.

You're basically saying whether it's a 2 year, 3 year, career suspension,...he deserves whatever he gets and should keep his mouth shut about it.

Players are not always going to be angels,...get used to it. We as fans are going to seek for our players to be treated fairly. If you still choose to follow these guys that will undoubtedly get in trouble from time to time then that's a situation imo where we can look and say it's all on you for still choosing to follow and be a fan.

You are misunderstanding in a BIG way. I said he is in this position because of his OWN actions. What's so hard to understand about that? If he was a responsible citizen like 90+% of the league, he would not be in his current situation.

I do not want him to be suspended. I don't think he should be. I agree that Goodell has way to much power and wields in unevenly. But Aldon put him, and his team in this predicament because of his actions. I can't make it any more plain and simple than that. And there seems to be no one that is pissed at him for it, and are directing their ire at anything else. Does that seem right to you?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Its almost certain its gonna be 4 games. Woulda been 6 games but Aldon's rehab stint helped reduce it to 4 games. Who the FCK is gonna rush the passer the 1st 4 games? Offense better be prepared for shootouts.

Four games for legally purchased firearms? WTF?

These aren't hand grenades for f**ks sake. He's not an international arms dealer. He has no gang affiliation. And last but not least, he never HIT A WOMAN.
If he gets four games, then then NFL is basically saying, "Ray Rice's wife deserved what she got. She probably needed a lesson in respect."

Where are the woman's groups? Have they given up? How come gay marriage can be a front page headline for months, but hitting women is laughed off as a joke? Has a cultural shift occurred that I am not aware of? Is FREEDOM becoming illegal, while VIOLENCE is becoming the new hobby? Is that what this is about?

What the f**k is all that pink b******t for? Why are the player's wearing all of that pink b******t? Because they care about women you say? REALLY???
They care about women dying from cancer but they could give a s**t about beating the s**t out them when they make you angry?

NON-VIOLENCE facing a year suspension? Aldon Smith facing suspension? A man who has not lied, cheated or stolen or committed violence?

The NFL Cares???

The NFL LIES!!!
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 31, 2014 at 9:17 PM ]
You are misunderstanding in a BIG way. I said he is in this position because of his OWN actions. What's so hard to understand about that? If he was a responsible citizen like 90+% of the league, he would not be in his current situation.

I do not want him to be suspended. I don't think he should be. I agree that Goodell has way to much power and wields in unevenly. But Aldon put him, and his team in this predicament because of his actions. I can't make it any more plain and simple than that. And there seems to be no one that is pissed at him for it, and are directing their ire at anything else. Does that seem right to you?

The costume makes the clown.

Why should I be pissed off at someone who has done nothing to harm me, has never hit a woman, has never taken illegal substances, has never taken performance enhancing substances against the rules of the NFL (unlike the Super Bowl Champions), has risked his own safety to defend another from violence.
Why should this man piss me off?

Put whatever costume you want on him. His ACTIONS are what I care about, not how many b******t laws he broke, not how unfair it is that he can afford a good lawyer, not what a mall cop said about him at the airport. I don't care about the HYPE train, or the tabloid bullship sailing into the sunset. I care about the man UNDER the media costume.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 31, 2014 at 8:11 PM ]
Give the man time served and sit down Goodell.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

The costume makes the clown.

Why should I be pissed off at someone who has done nothing to harm me, has never hit a woman, has never taken illegal substances, has never taken performance enhancing substances against the rules of the NFL (unlike the Super Bowl Champions), has risked his own safety to defend another from violence.
Why should this man piss me off?

Put whatever costume you want on him. His ACTIONS are what I care about, not how many b******t laws he broke, not how unfair it is that he can afford a good lawyer, not what a mall cop said about him at the airport. I don't care about the HYPE train, or the tabloid bullship sailing into the sunset. I care about the man UNDER the media costume.

Its also messed up that he was the victim of a crime, and thats what brought the attention of him to even catch the gun charges, everybody is a felon if you push far enough.
Originally posted by Arson:
Its also messed up that he was the victim of a crime, and thats what brought the attention of him to even catch the gun charges, everybody is a felon if you push far enough.

All he ever wanted to do, was throw a party. That is it. The other thing he wanted to do was drive home a few blocks. That is it.

His stupidity turned those things into the media hype train it is today. Not his intentions, but his stupidity.

Meanwhile, MarShawn Lynch has not been suspended for swerving around at high speeds on the freeway, in and out of traffic. NO SUSPENSION. His intention was to have some fun on his joy ride. That is what he WANTED.
Ray Rice was suspended a paltry two games, for assault a woman who is probably 1/10th of the pro athletes strength. His intention was to cause PHYSICAL HARM to the woman, that is what he WANTED.

These things are just, "meh." While Aldon Smith has been caught in the media storm of one-liners and half-truths. Words like "multiple felon", "gunshots fired", "parties with gang members" created the HYPE MACHINE that gets him into the spot he is in today.
This is what happens to a man who WANTS to purchase firearms legally, a man who WANTS to throw a party, a man who WANTS to drive home a few blocks. He becomes a criminal, so the media hype train can create more hype and make more money.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 31, 2014 at 9:12 PM ]
Brian, I enjoy your posts as much as anyone on this board, and I mean it. But I have no idea what you were saying in that last response. But let me take a guess. You are not mad at Aldon ... fair enough. So if he gets suspended for a significant amount of time, will you not be upset? Not care? If so, we are good. If not ... who will you be upset at? Smith is the one that put himself and the team in this situation. If Goodell over reaches, that sucks and is its own topic of discussion. But Aldon should have never have given him the opportunity.
I think Aldon deserves a 1 game susp max.
Brian, I enjoy your posts as much as anyone on this board, and I mean it. But I have no idea what you were saying in that last response. But let me take a guess. You are not mad at Aldon ... fair enough. So if he gets suspended for a significant amount of time, will you not be upset? Not care? If so, we are good. If not ... who will you be upset at? Smith is the one that put himself and the team in this situation. If Goodell over reaches, that sucks and is its own topic of discussion. But Aldon should have never have given him the opportunity.

If I were to stretch it as far as I could, I would say that I am a bit mad at him for getting into a car while drunk, even though he only intended to drive a few blocks to his house. However, in comparison, I am 20X more angry at MarShawn Lynch, but he is a Seahawk, so I am a homer right? So ok, I am 10X more mad at Chris Culliver for his hit and run. I am 15X more mad at Ahmad Brooks, for hitting a teammate with a beer bottle.

Those incidents I mentioned above were FAR worse, FAR more dangerous, FAR more callus then Smith's DUI. None of these guys have been suspended.

So "yes," I am angry and Aldon Smith, but in comparison, it is almost not worth mentioning.

If Aldon is suspended, obviously I would be upset, and obviously I would be far more upset at Goodell for his inconsistent, illogical, and irrational suspension policy.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 31, 2014 at 9:09 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Arson:

All he ever wanted to do, was throw a party. That is it. The other thing he wanted to do was drive home a few blocks. That is it.

His stupidity turned those things into the media hype train it is today. Not his intentions, but his stupidity.

Meanwhile, MarShawn Lynch has not been suspended for swerving around at high speeds on the freeway, in and out of traffic. NO SUSPENSION. His intention was to have some fun on his joy ride. That is what he WANTED.
Ray Rice was suspended a paltry two games, for assault a woman who is probably 1/10th of the pro athletes strength. His intention was to cause PHYSICAL HARM to the woman, that is what he WANTED.

These things are just, "meh." While Aldon Smith has been caught in the media storm of one-liners and half-truths. Words like "multiple felon", "gunshots fired", "parties with gang members" created the HYPE MACHINE that gets him into the spot he is in today.
This is what happens to a man who WANTS to purchase firearms legally, a man who WANTS to throw a party, a man who WANTS to drive home a few blocks. He becomes a criminal, so the media hype train can create more hype and make more money.

3 more days until we find out what will happen with Aldon