There are 150 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 3h
49ers LB Aldon Smith, facing a significant suspension, is scheduled to meet with Roger Goodell in NY next Friday,

The word significant has me worried. Schefter is usually spot on.
With Aldon finally being sober and in the "best shape of his life" - and hopefully soberly 100% focused on football - even with a suspension he might get 20 sacks. In 14 games, if he averages 1.6 sacks a game he breaks the record.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I said this spring that I suspected Aldon would get 2-4 games based on precedent alone with 2 games being most likely after his time served had been considered BUT with Aldon having not received any felony convictions and the LAX deal being thrown out I think we can expect 0-2 games out for Aldon with 1 game being most likely. Goodell doesn't have to punish Aldon for DUI because he spent 5 weeks in rehab and he already missed 5 games in doing so. As for the guns it was essentially an honest mistake and he is doing work release for that so I think Goodell gives him a game simply because he feels he has to give him something for the headlines he caused or he could go with a large fine instead. I'm hoping for as few games out as possible of course

I hope you are right.
Adam Schefter doesn't know s**t
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter � 3h
49ers LB Aldon Smith, facing a significant suspension, is scheduled to meet with Roger Goodell in NY next Friday,

The word significant has me worried. Schefter is usually spot on.

I say he gets 4 games.
I was thinking a game or 2 before but now who know's what Goodell will do now just to make up for the screw up he did with Ray Rice. That will be really unfortunate to see Aldon pay for Ray Rice's screw up. Aldon already did a self-imposed 5 game absence. Don't loose your cool Goodell!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeO321:
I was thinking a game or 2 before but now who know's what Goodell will do now just to make up for the screw up he did with Ray Rice. That will be really unfortunate to see Aldon pay for Ray Rice's screw up. Aldon already did a self-imposed 5 game absence. Don't loose your cool Goodell!

I see you point. Politically speaking, Goodell is hosed.

1. Aldon gets two games and the NFL is soft on misbehavior.
  2. Aldon gets two plus, and the NFL feels mouthing off to a TSA officer is more egregious than knocking out your wife.

Lets face it, the gun and drunk thing is timed served (rehab stint last year).
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Are you telling me that Jim Harbaugh isn't the coach at Michigan?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

No, he's the Dolphins coach

2 at most unless the Ray Rice debacle forces Roger to make a statement with Aldon. It could work for or against us.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

No, he's the Dolphins coach

That's right. Too bad he's not coaching the Niners. He would be great here.
Originally posted by NCommand:
2 at most unless the Ray Rice debacle forces Roger to make a statement with Aldon. It could work for or against us.

There's been much bad press on Good-Dell's handling of the Ray Rice case. I can't see him being lenient, especially to a team on the Left Coast.
Merge thread.

Please see the existing Aldon smith thread with almost 9,000 comments.

Thanks
Share 49ersWebzone