There are 208 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Someone give this guy these things, now!

1. Rabbit's foot
  2. 4-Leaf Clover
  3. Lucky Charms
  4. Horseshoe

and only let him out of his house on Sunday's.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i know it sounds dumb but in iowa they stress,, not to avoid or swerve when you see a deer coming,,, best just to hit the damn thing. your car will get f**ked up but at least you will not roll over. one night i almost hit a dog, a deer and a stupid cow in the same night. they kept getting bigger the cow would have killed me but i would have been able to see my boyhood dead dog mrs bojangles whom i still miss very much
Originally posted by cciowa:
i know it sounds dumb but in iowa they stress,, not to avoid or swerve when you see a deer coming,,, best just to hit the damn thing. your car will get f**ked up but at least you will not roll over. one night i almost hit a dog, a deer and a stupid cow in the same night. they kept getting bigger the cow would have killed me but i would have been able to see my boyhood dead dog mrs bojangles whom i still miss very much

How fast were you going before seeing those obstacles ?
Scary stuff with that Aldon Smith car accident! Glad everything is ok!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

How fast were you going before seeing those obstacles ?
only about 45 miles per hour on a back road. in iowa during the fall time you get used to slowing down your speed out in the country cuz you know the damn deer are out there just waiting to run across the road. now the darn cow got loose somehow from his pasture and i just remember seeing this damn black shape come up out of the ditch so when the driver with aldon was going 70 or so you can not do much when they run across the road. They just stand there in the road sometimes, thus, the deer in the headlight expression( good iowa knowledge for you guys )
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
this dude just needs to stay home

Seriously! Interesting they didn't cite the speed...can see a couple young guys driving up the desolate, windy hills to Aldon's house balls-out around mid-night on Friday. That's just speculation of course; bummer the guy has a broken back! And thank God Aldon is alright. But yeah...the dude just needs to stay home and play Madden at this point; he's got some bad, BAD luck! Avoid that Sophomore jinx.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Seriously! Interesting they didn't cite the speed...can see a couple young guys driving up the desolate, windy hills to Aldon's house balls-out around mid-night on Friday. That's just speculation of course; bummer the guy has a broken back! And thank God Aldon is alright. But yeah...the dude just needs to stay home and play Madden at this point; he's got some bad, BAD luck! Avoid that Sophomore jinx.
does not matter the speed when a deer is involved. when they come up upon you and you swerve, you can roll over in a second. . i am not s**tting you guys. i work at a radio and tv station out in the country and there are four deer standing across the road right now just looking around getting ready to make a dash across the road. they are bad at this time of the year.. just bad luck as NC said
does not matter the speed when a deer is involved. when they come up upon you and you swerve, you can roll over in a second. . i am not s**tting you guys. i work at a radio and tv station out in the country and there are four deer standing across the road right now just looking around getting ready to make a dash across the road. they are bad at this time of the year.. just bad luck as NC said

True! It generally takes a weird angle or a lot of force to break a back BUT if the ditch they drove down in was steep, speed may not have been an issue; you never know how you're going to react in a situation like that (dodge or run over) are you're only two options!

True! It generally takes a weird angle or a lot of force to break a back BUT if the ditch they drove down in was steep, speed may not have been an issue; you never know how you're going to react in a situation like that (dodge or run over) are you're only two options!

so youre saying i cant really pause life and say " like a good neighbor statefarm is" and poof?

What station do you work at cc and what do you do?

• buck
  • Veteran

I was taught to brake and kill the headlights. The headlights freeze the dear.

A friend of mine used to go to the dog races in Iowa.
The only night he won, he hit a dear on the way back to Sioux Falls.
He had to pay a fine and fix his car. His winnings did not cover the costs.
wow how scary for Aldon and the 49ers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

a radio tv station in a town of 25 thousand 50 miles north of des moines. i am news and sports director. i do play by play of local football and basketball games on a low power tv station we have and i have a fm air shift from ten till two pm,, i am typing this in between music from bonnie raitt and john mellencamp!

I live in the NE corner of Iowa and deer sleep on highways up here. ha couldnt help but chuckle about the cow. I hit one when I was in high school and I might suggest swerving to miss the cow if possible even though the farmers insurance is always liable for the cows being out. Thank god I was only going about 30 mph around a sharp corner or someone other than the cow would have been seriously hurt. They're massive and darn near impossible to move. Much like running into Wilfork or Sopoaga I imagine. You're much better off hitting the deer though than taking the ditch and risking a serious roll over or something like that. The cow had to be shot btw in case anyone was wondering. Anyone else hungry for steak?
Originally posted by billbird2111:

a radio tv station in a town of 25 thousand 50 miles north of des moines. i am news and sports director. i do play by play of local football and basketball games on a low power tv station we have and i have a fm air shift from ten till two pm,, i am typing this in between music from bonnie raitt and john mellencamp!

There is more to life than pegging.
Share 49ersWebzone