LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We got our very own PAC MAN JONES. DUI and Shootings and Stabbings all in 1 offseason. He made a lot of work of 1 offseason. Still a little more time left before training camp. What do you think? 1 more DUI? Arrested with drugs in the car?

Is this guy for real?
I found the guy...
"It helped my focus out," he said. "I'm really focused more than ever -- not to say I wasn't in the beginning. Just focused more than ever and I'm ready to go."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82adc5b0/article/aldon-smith-100-percent-for-49ers-following-stabbing-

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It seems young Aldon is using this as a wake up call and hopefully its smooth sailing from here on out.
Originally posted by susweel:
It seems young Aldon is using this as a wake up call and hopefully its smooth sailing from here on out.

Agree. Hoping he stays focused and is an animal on the field!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
"It helped my focus out," he said. "I'm really focused more than ever -- not to say I wasn't in the beginning. Just focused more than ever and I'm ready to go."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82adc5b0/article/aldon-smith-100-percent-for-49ers-following-stabbing-

He's going to teat s**t up this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
i go by what he does and not what he says. if he does get suspended for the packer game, it deserves him right.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i go by what he does and not what he says. if he does get suspended for the packer game, it deserves him right.

He deserves to be punished for being stabbed?

Serves him right for what?

although i agreed with you in the thread about him being a bonehead with the party, where i argued viemently about him being a dumbass to have the party, i disagree here.

He seems to be genuine, and hopefully he got his wakeup call. Good for him. He acknowledged that he let everybody down with his actions and is coming into camp strong. Acceptance of ones own mistake is important, and also admitting that people besides himself are counting on him. Good for you Aldon. Keep it up.

Originally posted by candlestick49er:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
No way Aldon Smith is not the 49ers leading sack man next year lets not over think things

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Aldon at all. In fact its the opposite. I'm just stating that his presence can't be ignored and teams will be forced to double team him, which will make things easier for his teammates. Here's some examples of what I mean:

1. Julius Peppers was Carolina's best pass rusher during his time there. He recorded 12 sacks in 12 games as a rookie in 2002. The following season (2003), he recorded 7 sacks in 16 games. Although his sack totals weren't as high as the previous year, he was still a dominant force. His impact was seen through the production of his teammates. That season, Mike Rucker led the Panthers in sacks with 12 (a career high for him). Rucker wasn't the best pass rusher on the team, but his job was made easier because Peppers drew most of the attention from offenses.

2. Terrell Suggs in 2004 led the Ravens in sacks with 10.5 in 16 games. The next two seasons, he finished behind Adalius Thomas in sacks. Despite finishing behind him, Suggs was obviously a better pass rusher than Thomas (who we later found out wasn't as good as originally thought). Suggs wasn't Baltimore's sack leader in those seasons but he was still a threat that offenses had to account for. Like the Peppers example above, Suggs' impact was seen through the production of his teammates. He helped his defense not by recording sacks, but by drawing attention and helping Thomas get to the QB easier.

Aldon obviously has the ability to lead the team in sacks again next year, I'm not disputing that. In fact, I won't be surprised if he becomes the league's sack leader. I'm just saying that his impact will be deeper than sack totals. By drawing more attention, its possible that he could help somebody else (Ahmad Brooks?) become the team's sack leader.

You know football...you're a wise man!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
yeah, wouldn't surprise me if aldon gets suspended. f**king idiot.... keep your nose clean motherf**ker!

He has one DUI. I do not think that is enough to get suspended.

Having the party was just dumb/

Breaking up a fight does not , at least as I understand it, violate league rules.

It is pretty common for renter (or owner) of a house to break up any fights in his house.
I wonder if this guy makes it all the way through training camp with no more DUI's, stabbings or shootings?.....
I wonder if this guy makes it all the way through training camp with no more DUI's, stabbings or shootings?.....

Once, one of my true favorites... I will wait. I am hopeful and patient.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Once, one of my true favorites... I will wait. I am hopeful and patient.

I like the guy but he needs to make dramatically better choices. His "friends" are all gangsters. And at 22 he has the maturity level of 15. So yeah I'm concerned about him. They need to keep a close watch on him.
Share 49ersWebzone