There are 149 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I don't think I'd go as far as you, but am sure happy that a tree stopped him car last year, and that no kid on a bicycle was pinned on it.

Even the most strident supporters should be closing in on this fact: The kid is an absolute mess, and he better get his act together soon, or he won't have a future in this league. The modern NFL is not going to put up with players who have felony charges brought up against them. A lot of things are pending right now, and players tend to somehow, magically, wiggle their way out of these circumstances.

Let me just say that Aldon is not welcome in my central Ohio neighborhood unless he gets his act together. Which community would want this guy living with them right now?

I bet most of the people on the WZ have done worse things as drivers. Aldon Smith lives no more than a two minute drive away from Ray McDonald, two minutes at MOST. Probably less than a half mile.

He wasn't planing on going on any road with a speed limit above 25mhp. He is literally within walking distance of Ray McDonald's house. He knew he was drunk, but figured he could stay awake for two minutes in his car. He wasn't expecting to pass out on the way.

I have showed up to work sick, and could barely press my brake pedal down; nearly ran into a car. Many people have driven on freeways with little sleep, or have been in a hurry to get somewhere, zooming through traffic, which is far more dangerous than what Aldon Smith did. I see far more dangerous drivers on the road every day.

People just say "DUI", while ignoring the context of the situation. People say, "He fired his gun", while ignoring the context of the situation. "He was in a knife fight", while ignoring the context of the situation.

The TSA thing, is quite literally a joke, in every way, shape and form. I applaud him for bringing the issue to light, by showing how stupid the situation at airports truly is. Maybe this incident could create more public awareness about the absurd searches at airports and create positive change for the better.

Ohio could use some people willing to fight for justice, seeing as how they allowed Ariel Castro to live unchecked in a populated area without anyone having a clue that he had three sex slaves captive for over a decade. What kind of community allows that to happen? That sure sounds like a much more dangerous place to live, than someone passing out in their car at 5am in the suburbs.
Originally posted by Jd925:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 10s LAPD's Criminal Conspiracy Unit takes over the investigation into 49ers LB Aldon Smith, police official says. http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/lapds-criminal-conspiracy-unit-takes-over-smith-investigation ;…

I knew it. Aldon is part of Al Qaeda.

The conspiracy was to make a false arrest after he was in the secure area .

Criminal Conspiracy Unit? lol ridiculous... the DA might just file charges just to make a point, but it's a catch-22 because it will open the government to some real embarrassment and any half-decent lawyer can argue that the case is frivolous which it is. Goodell is another story because he doesn't act like anyone should have due-process. Good thing is the bounty-scandal went against Goodell and so he might be more hesitant to exercise his seemingly dictatorial powers these days.

This is a positive situation, because it will put to light the sheer non-sense going on in this country. No one cares, until it is them, or until it is a celebrity who brings the situation to light.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I usually like Barrows but that article was retarded. By not picking up Aldon's option, how is that giving him "tough love"? He'll just enter FA next year and get paid a fat check/deal, whether it's by us or one of the other 31 teams that could afford him - anyone that thinks otherwise is naive. IMO, Aldon still wins while this team will come out the loser in this, losing out on our young 24 y.o generational pass rusher and possibly Crabtree because you know he's going to test the market (pass first teams that offer him big bucks will sway him IMO).

You summed it up right - baaaaaaddd business.

It's like saying, "We're going to give you tough love, by allowing someone else to pay you more money sooner than you would have normally been able to get."

Pay him MORE money, sooner. "Tough love". Wow. Some writers just don't understand how to create a proper analogy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by titan:
It's ok Aldon! Get us around 15+ sacks and it will all be forgotten. Plus the officer used the word "appears to be " that means he was not sure?! So you maybe a crazy a$$ fool, but you're sober in my book.

so you really do not care about his health,, its all about sacks. sad

If he was drunk they would've said he was drunk! The word appears to be is used for uncertain situation. I been to many calls where a person appears to be drunk, intoxicated....turns out they are just crazy and some are diabetic. This is only an issue is because he was in rehab. The real issue is he may be crazy.
well then he needs to go to the looney bin instead of detox. what the hell he may be in jail so it could be moot. i actually think he will get suspended six games and we will have a pass rush by committee which may include a nice rookie that will do just fine in his absence
Aldon is ok..stop making it bigger then it is

i hope you are right and he does not get suspended. his pattern of behavior is clearly a concern and no matter who you choose to blame he made a decision to act like a retard and got himself arrested. i hope that time with his team mates this week knocks some sense into him
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Great point. I think it's the build-up of Cully,Kaep and then Aldon. Gore could get a ticket for J-walking tomorrow and 80 percent of the zone would want him off the team.

80 percent of the zone already wants Gore off the team lol. Add a J-walking charge and they'll want him deported.

I thought it was 49%.
that 49 per cent i think was 2011 when everyone said " it is clear he has lost it". it has now jumped to about 80 per cent
  • Jiks
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I bet most of the people on the WZ have done worse things as drivers. Aldon Smith lives no more than a two minute drive away from Ray McDonald, two minutes at MOST. Probably less than a half mile.

He wasn't planing on going on any road with a speed limit above 25mhp. He is literally within walking distance of Ray McDonald's house. He knew he was drunk, but figured he could stay awake for two minutes in his car. He wasn't expecting to pass out on the way.

I have showed up to work sick, and could barely press my brake pedal down; nearly ran into a car. Many people have driven on freeways with little sleep, or have been in a hurry to get somewhere, zooming through traffic, which is far more dangerous than what Aldon Smith did. I see far more dangerous drivers on the road every day.

People just say "DUI", while ignoring the context of the situation. People say, "He fired his gun", while ignoring the context of the situation. "He was in a knife fight", while ignoring the context of the situation.

The TSA thing, is quite literally a joke, in every way, shape and form. I applaud him for bringing the issue to light, by showing how stupid the situation at airports truly is. Maybe this incident could create more public awareness about the absurd searches at airports and create positive change for the better.

Ohio could use some people willing to fight for justice, seeing as how they allowed Ariel Castro to live unchecked in a populated area without anyone having a clue that he had three sex slaves captive for over a decade. What kind of community allows that to happen? That sure sounds like a much more dangerous place to live, than someone passing out in their car at 5am in the suburbs.

As a former alcoholic I did do worse things than him, but I grew up. Dude's job and life is on the line and he's still apparently drinking though. That's a sign. Multiple DUI's, and getting into trouble? That's a sign. Getting a DUI at 7 am when you have practice, THEN showing up for work? That's a sign of tolerance. Getting drunk firing illegal guns in city limits?(from what I've read he fired shots before stabbed) That's a sign. Pills on him? I could go on.

So he went to rehab, right? But he's still "apparently" drinking and putting himself in bad situations. That's the real issue IMO. No matter what twist of the story you read, he most likely was intoxicated. You only do stuff like this when drunk. So again a guy that went to rehab drinking again and getting into trouble... Even as he stated before rehab "I am taking a leave of absence to address my health". Is he healthy in the mind yet? Is he all there? Did he address what needed to be addressed? I know this is all speculation, but I've been there and been around it my whole life. If my hypothesis is true, he needs to get his self together. He's still young and dumb, but he's treading on very very thin ice right now.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't think I'd go as far as you, but am sure happy that a tree stopped him car last year, and that no kid on a bicycle was pinned on it.

Even the most strident supporters should be closing in on this fact: The kid is an absolute mess, and he better get his act together soon, or he won't have a future in this league. The modern NFL is not going to put up with players who have felony charges brought up against them. A lot of things are pending right now, and players tend to somehow, magically, wiggle their way out of these circumstances.

Let me just say that Aldon is not welcome in my central Ohio neighborhood unless he gets his act together. Which community would want this guy living with them right now?

Wow, you think there are far more dangerous drivers than ones who pass out and hit trees? The dude was only a two minute drive away, but did not have the sense to just walk? You applaud a guy who says "bomb" in an airport? I wonder what you have done to have those opinions.
[ Edited by BobS on Apr 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by BobS:

Wow, you think there are far more dangerous drivers than ones who pass out and hit trees? The dude was only a two minute drive away, but did not have the sense to just walk? You applaud a guy who says "bomb" in an airport? I wander what you have done to have those opinions.

Obviously, there ARE far more dangerous drivers than those who pass out and hit a tree. The news is filled, daily, with accidents involving not just trees, but other drivers, some of whom die. And some of those who cause accidents are not even under the influence. Should we ban automobiles? Or just driving. (You seem to have completely missed the point of what BrianGO was saying.)

But go ahead and wander.
It's like saying, "We're going to give you tough love, by allowing someone else to pay you more money sooner than you would have normally been able to get."

Pay him MORE money, sooner. "Tough love". Wow. Some writers just don't understand how to create a proper analogy.

I usually do not post on here but you caught my eye with that post and no one could have said it better than what you said BrianGO.....

Dont let this guy go. He could end up a Seahawk, Ram or Cardinal player.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Fifth-year option tracker

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342224/article/fifthyear-option-tracker

The deadline is May 3rd.

Will they or won't they?
Originally posted by buck:

The deadline is May 3rd.

Will they or won't they?

The deadline is May 3rd.

Will they or won't they?

Unless there's something about this guy which makes everything we already know look like small potatoes then I have to believe well sign him right at the deadline.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

The deadline is May 3rd.

Will they or won't they?

He only did that because the fans wanted him to. We need to show the same support for Aldon.
Share 49ersWebzone