LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wow.
this is a non story cuz he has good sack totals. you must have missed the memo

It's somewhere between "non-story" (apologist) and "Harbaugh lost control of his team during his week in Peru" (alarmist).
Wow.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
So I got my lady bugs fam up in Morgan Hill area and I was forwarded a link to channel 4 news. From the clip one can deduce the neighbors of Aldon knew it was only in matter of time before somebody either got shot or killed. According to his neighbors they had called cops regarding shots fired from Aldon's residents on a regular basis over the weekends. And that shots would be fired via what sounded like machine guns. And according to some he needed an incident like this for them to get some peace and quiet. This does not bode well for this young man if Dictator Roger Goodell gets hold of the neighbors complaints leading up to this. You boys and gal watch your next channel 4 news this evening up in SF Bay Area for more details

I know for a fact that Aldon plays Paintball up there. Obviously paintball guns sound differently than a machine gun lol but there are some pretty powerful paintball guns you can buy, especially with his money. Who knows if those neighbors know the difference. Btw he also has a bunch of ATVs that he rides along with some teammates. Kinda worries me that he could get hurt but meh let him do what he wants.

Also why are people saying he is getting in gun and knife fights lol. When i hear someone say that I take it as you guys are saying Aldon and whoever was actually was invited to the party(the guys who stabbed and shot people were uninvited and started trouble) pulled out knifes and guns of their own and tried to retaliate.
Originally posted by supbaby:
Wow.
So I got my lady bugs fam up in Morgan Hill area and I was forwarded a link to channel 4 news. From the clip one can deduce the neighbors of Aldon knew it was only in matter of time before somebody either got shot or killed. According to his neighbors they had called cops regarding shots fired from Aldon's residents on a regular basis over the weekends. And that shots would be fired via what sounded like machine guns. And according to some he needed an incident like this for them to get some peace and quiet. This does not bode well for this young man if Dictator Roger Goodell gets hold of the neighbors complaints leading up to this. You boys and gal watch your next channel 4 news this evening up in SF Bay Area for more details

I know for a fact that Aldon plays Paintball up there. Obviously paintball guns sound differently than a machine gun lol but there are some pretty powerful paintball guns you can buy, especially with his money. Who knows if those neighbors know the difference. Btw he also has a bunch of ATVs that he rides along with some teammates. Kinda worries me that he could get hurt but meh let him do what he wants.

Also why are people saying he is getting in gun and knife fights lol. When i hear someone say that I take it as you guys are saying Aldon and whoever was actually was invited to the party(the guys who stabbed and shot people were uninvited and started trouble) pulled out knifes and guns of their own and tried to retaliate.

Please...some of these "could be" excuses are ridiculous. This ranks up there with the banana excuse. These are large properties we are talking about, with well built homes. Paintball guns, even the most powerful and loudest, sound nothing like a real gun, and probally wouldnt even carry to the next door neighbors house let alone all the neighbors.
Look. Bottom line here first and foremost... Aldon is okay. So from now on... what he needs to know is that since he can afford to throw parties? He can afford to pay for top-notch security to scan, monitor, and prevent further incidents. Let's just hope his own momma and some vet players can get through to him.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Look. Bottom line here first and foremost... Aldon is okay. So from now on... what he needs to know is that since he can afford to throw parties? He can afford to pay for top-notch security to scan, monitor, and prevent further incidents. Let's just hope his own momma and some vet players can get through to him.

Really....your solution after all this is hire security and let the party continue every weekend? I really hope that is not the lesson aldon walks away with.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Really....your solution after all this is hire security and let the party continue every weekend? I really hope that is not the lesson aldon walks away with.

That's what you got out of what I said? Or is it your position that Aldon should never be allowed to have a party again?
Please...some of these "could be" excuses are ridiculous. This ranks up there with the banana excuse. These are large properties we are talking about, with well built homes. Paintball guns, even the most powerful and loudest, sound nothing like a real gun, and probally wouldnt even carry to the next door neighbors house let alone all the neighbors.

Oh my bad for saying that the neighbor could be wrong about what they hear. How credible is that neighbor? How do you know they know the difference. There is no factual evidence that he has machine guns up there lol. It's just from the mouth of some neighbor who may or not be credible. Guess I should just take their word and say Aldon is guilty.
Wow.

Has anyone else even seen this channel 4 "clip"? I never watch KRON so I went to their website and didn't see a link anywhere. If somebody actually has it please provide. Is there another "channel 4"?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]

Oh my bad for saying that the neighbor could be wrong about what they hear. How credible is that neighbor? How do you know they know the difference. There is no factual evidence that he has machine guns up there lol. It's just from the mouth of some neighbor who may or not be credible. Guess I should just take their word and say Aldon is guilty.

I dont beleive it is Aldon that was doing the shooting every weekend. Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

If you dont ant to get DUI's you hire a driver. You dont invite 100 drunkin idiots over to your house every weekend to avoid established drinking areas. Its not a good Financial decision first and foremost, and secondary it is not a smart political decision when you are a millionaire athlete.

I dont beleive it is Aldon that was doing the shooting every weekend. Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

If you dont ant to get DUI's you hire a driver. You dont invite 100 drunkin idiots over to your house every weekend to avoid established drinking areas. Its not a good Financial decision first and foremost, and secondary it is not a smart political decision when you are a millionaire athlete.

Lol what? The fact you had to say "it's more common than you think" makes me believe you are BS'n. I have been to alot of parties and never have I witnessed that nor have I heard of that.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Sorry but the more I hear about this story, the more dumbass it gets. You have got to be crazy if you don't think there' s a potential for things to get out of control if people are bringing guns to a house party.

The people who brought guns were uninvited and crashed it.

Lol what? The fact you had to say "it's more common than you think" makes me believe you are BS'n. I have been to alot of parties and never have I witnessed that nor have I heard of that.

you may not be hanging out with the same type of people that he is having over to his parties. Just because you have never experienced something doesn't make it untrue. Lots of people have never been to disneyland but its there non the less. It is definitely more common than you, or apparently alot of people on these boards defending it think. It can actually be down right common depending on who is showing up to the house parties. It is also not uncommon for people being turned away from said house parties to be upset. Gunshots are a good way to get police called and a house party broken up. Depending on where you party or who you party with it can be downright common.

Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

and the people who are blowin this incident waay outta proportion?? They are being ridiculous also.

Shots in the air as their leavin??it coulda been alieans for cryin out loud.coulda been a war movie playin on somebodies house or car system.shoulda woulda coulda dude,lulz
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:

Probably people that are leaving in their vehicles throwing shots into the air. It is more common than you think at said house parties. People trying to marginalize this as a young guy that should be allowed to have some fun are just being ridiculous.

and the people who are blowin this incident waay outta proportion?? They are being ridiculous also.

Shots in the air as their leavin??it coulda been alieans for cryin out loud.coulda been a war movie playin on somebodies house or car system.shoulda woulda coulda dude,lulz

There have been reports of shots being fired on multiple occasions, not just this once.. I did not just come up with that out of thin air. Most people, regardless of how sheltered they are know a gun shot when they hear one. All it takes is a simple google search for news to tell you it is not uncommon in the slightest
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jul 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
This story sucks, but I only care if Aldon misses time. Aldon will have several issues adjusting to his new lifestyle. But as a fan, I just hope he's good to go for our championship run!

But it would be nice for him to stay out of the news for a while.
Share 49ersWebzone