There are 163 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I bet Aldon never gets charged.

I'm not worried about the charges. I'm worried about Goodell having enough justification to suspend the guy for a significant amount of time.

This is what I'm worried about as well. I hope he doesn't get suspended for too long (if at all). We need him. Dammit Aldon.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by valrod33:
pretty damn good question

People here were asking that all of yesterday. Some tried to rationalize it by saying the TSA doesn't detain at security, they let the person walk to the gates so the police can sneak up on them....LOL...what utter b******t...TSA had it out for Aldon after he gave them attitude for "randomly" screening him.

Exactly, he made a stupid sarcastic joke because he was probably angry they singled him out and media took it and ran with it. Not justifying what he did he is acting so stupid lately but media wants to make it worse than it is. And yeah the media won't bring up that question because they would rather go the other route which is the let's blow this up as big as possible. There isnt much going on until the draft. The front pages look like TMZ because there is nothing else to talk about. If there is no news make news out of nothing or blow something out of proportion. Not saying this isnt something but look what happened with the Kap situation. They shoot first ask questions later. Culliver and Aldon were wrong but it's funny how the media can do no wrong these days.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Simple solution, Ian: Stop breaking the frickin law!!!!!!!

While Aldon was getting arrested for the fortieth time, JJWatt was preparing to host his second annual JJWatt Charity Classic, which is a big event in Houston , donating money to local schools for after school programs. There are tons of good guys in the league doing great things off the field.

Why anyone on this board would support this loser at this point is shocking. Such is the blindness to team loyalty.

What do I tell my young boys about our team? I want my kids growing up cheering for great players who make you proud of your community, not a bunch of felons.

Because he's a Niner, extremely talented, and we want him to succeed. No one is claiming he's a saint, or has shown good judgment, but we're not ready kick him to the curb because he's made mistakes. I'll support whatever the team decides to do, and I'll support Aldon until he is no longer a 49er.
If he really told the TSA agent that he had a bomb, that is a felony plus it would land him on the no fly list.
Originally posted by Redeemer:

While Aldon was getting arrested for the fortieth time, JJWatt was preparing to host his second annual JJWatt Charity Classic, which is a big event in Houston , donating money to local schools for after school programs. There are tons of good guys in the league doing great things off the field.

Why anyone on this board would support this loser at this point is shocking. Such is the blindness to team loyalty.

What do I tell my young boys about our team? I want my kids growing up cheering for great players who make you proud of your community, not a bunch of felons.

Because he's a Niner, extremely talented, and we want him to succeed. No one is claiming he's a saint, or has shown good judgment, but we're not ready kick him to the curb because he's made mistakes. I'll support whatever the team decides to do, and I'll support Aldon until he is no longer a 49er.

the honest question is how many chances do you get? i dont think they're cutting him, infact i'd be shocked if they did. this is at least his 3rd or 4th incident in a 3 year career. we've yet to make an example out of someone who got in trouble so i dont think theres much fear of losing your job with anyone on this roster honestly.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Exactly, he made a stupid sarcastic joke because he was probably angry they singled him out and media took it and ran with it. Not justifying what he did he is acting so stupid lately but media wants to make it worse than it is. And yeah the media won't bring up that question because they would rather go the other route which is the let's blow this up as big as possible. There isnt much going on until the draft. The front pages look like TMZ because there is nothing else to talk about. If there is no news make news out of nothing or blow something out of proportion. Not saying this isnt something but look what happened with the Kap situation. They shoot first ask questions later. Culliver and Aldon were wrong but it's funny how the media can do no wrong these days.

I agree. I'm not excusing Aldon of any wrong doing, especially if what he said was true. I just have a hard time believing anyone can mention something about a bomb at the security checkpoint, and they let him advance to the gates. That just doesn't happen.
Originally posted by drakan:
If he really told the TSA agent that he had a bomb, that is a felony plus it would land him on the no fly list.

he'll end up taking the madden bus to games
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Ian Williams just went off on twitter about all the fans and media talking s**t about his teammates

LOL. You just can't help yourself to when it comes pumping up Watt any chance you get, especially when it comes to Aldon, as if you discovered this rare talent known as Watt. Rather pathetic actually. Make sure you puff out that chest of yours a little more my man
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:32 PM ]
he cant handle dat Cali lyfe

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Ian Williams just went off on twitter about all the fans and media talking s**t about his teammates

LOL. You just can't help yourself to when it comes pumping up Watt any chance you get, especially when it comes to Aldon, as if you discovered this rare talent known as Watt. Rather pathetic actually. Make sure you puff out that chest of yours a little more my man

during aldons rookie year everyone and their dog on here jumped on mad dog for saying he'd rather have jj watt. he stood by his opinion and as it turns out they both look like HOF players, but one is getting arrested every offseason. mad dog took a lot of flack for siding with watt and now he can dish a little of it back. i dont see a problem.
Originally posted by crabman82:

during aldons rookie year everyone and their dog on here jumped on mad dog for saying he'd rather have jj watt. he stood by his opinion and as it turns out they both look like HOF players, but one is getting arrested every offseason. mad dog took a lot of flack for siding with watt and now he can dish a little of it back. i dont see a problem.

Originally posted by Redeemer:

Respect MadDog's opinion, but he never liked the Aldon pick and always wanted Watt over him. The reality is Watt is not a member of this team, and I don't know why he was even mentioned. Aldon is a 49er, extremely talented, and they should explore all avenues to try and help him stay with this team. No reason why he can't succeed as a 49er.

The same people in the media saying they need to cut him to "send a message", are the same people who will be praising him and his next team when he gets back to dominating on the field, while bashing us for letting him go. The media is fickle. You don't cut a player to win points with the media. Those people don't care about the team, they just want to flood the airwaves until the 49ers cut him.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM ]

You know i love your posts Crabman, but he brought it on himself and still 3 years later takes any chance he can get to crow about how he was "right"...which he was actually not. He seems to forget that he actually wanted to bypass both Watt and Smith by trading the bulk of the draft for PP. Whatever, i am going off on an unnecessary tangent. I'm not even sure why i wasted my time responding to his post.

You know i love your posts Crabman, but he brought it on himself and still 3 years later takes any chance he can get to crow about how he was "right"...which he was actually not. He seems to forget that he actually wanted to bypass both Watt and Smith by trading the bulk of the draft for PP. Whatever, i am going off on an unnecessary tangent. I'm not even sure why i wasted my time responding to his post.

good call, lets not derail this thread
Share 49ersWebzone