LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by buck:
L.A. District Attorney: No charges filed against Smith, yet

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/la-district-attorney-no-charges-filed-against-smith-yet

MM thinks the 49ers will pick up the fifth year. (in the video)

He isn't going anywhere, they'll pick up the 5th year option after his late April court date.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
It's not just racial profiling they do...it's ethnic, religious, and EVERY passenger is interviewed by security personnel prior to boarding, and these aren't some of the dregs you see with TSA, these are people who are highly-trained to pick up on certain verbal and physical cues. There are other measures they employ, such as cross-checks of every vehicle entering airport grounds. But you do have to keep in mind the scale of what we're talking about, there's hundreds of intl airports in the US, not to mention hundreds more domestic-only...and Israel only has a handful of each.

I read an article that made a credible argument for privatizing the airport security. Not going into it in this thread. That's not the place for it, and I have a particular distaste for the patriot act and all the NSA surveillance that is going on anyway. I'm not the most unbiased objective person on this subject either. Anyway, agree to disagree.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob 3m **BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source:49ers are seriously contemplating releasing Aldon Smith after another off-field issue. No decision yet but talks

Another IncarceratedBob classic, he pulls something out of his ass, and whether it does or doesn't happen, he says "I brought it to you first."

He really went out on a limb there lol.

42 sacks in 43 games. He ain't getting released.

Not any different than desean and his potential gang ties, someone will sign Aldon if released
Yup, and I'd bet Seattle would break the bank to get him too.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/455488264095277056

@Eric_Branch
True story ... Wife: No, daddy has to work. Daughter: Why? Wife: A 49er was arrested. Daughter: Again?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
According to Sgt. Ortiz, Smith was going through screening when he asked the TSA agent, "Are you going to search me further?"

Smith was told, "That's not necessary," according to Sgt. Ortiz.

Then, Smith responded, according to Sgt. Ortiz, "Why not? You people act like I have a bomb."

Fixed it. That way it makes way more sense and is not just police blah blah

Still stupid to let your emotions get the best of you and react that way but people on here act like he was running around screaming I HAVE A BOMB which is simply not the case.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I looked up a very similar case in Conn., that guy ended up seeing all charges dropped after his second court appearance.

NICE!
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I think they'll give him the 5th year, but no more after that. This will give us another draft to find a successor to compete with Lemonier.

That will depend 100% on what happens in the next 2 years.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
It's not just racial profiling they do...it's ethnic, religious, and EVERY passenger is interviewed by security personnel prior to boarding, and these aren't some of the dregs you see with TSA, these are people who are highly-trained to pick up on certain verbal and physical cues. There are other measures they employ, such as cross-checks of every vehicle entering airport grounds. But you do have to keep in mind the scale of what we're talking about, there's hundreds of intl airports in the US, not to mention hundreds more domestic-only...and Israel only has a handful of each.

I read an article that made a credible argument for privatizing the airport security. Not going into it in this thread. That's not the place for it, and I have a particular distaste for the patriot act and all the NSA surveillance that is going on anyway. I'm not the most unbiased objective person on this subject either. Anyway, agree to disagree.

There's nothing to agree/disagree with, I'm not giving you an opinion, I'm stating facts about Israel's airport security.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Yeah....but did that guy have charges pending against him on other cases?

If the violations were similar it might be relevant. I.e. DUI and public intoxication, or DUI and assault and battery and Aldon was intoxicated. But the cases are dissimilar enough that I think a good legal beagle can say it's unfair to bring those past charges up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree. He's going to have to mind his P's and Q's if he want's to cash in.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
NO CHARGES CONFIRMED

19-0 here we come

?

I just saw that there were no charges TODAY. That's quite different.

what are the potential charges?!

Its against the law to fake a bomb threat in an Airport. Punishable by up to 1 year in prison. Probably won't happen, but it is against the law.

If he did say "Keep looking, there's a bomb in there." or however he said it. Is that really a bomb threat? It could be but unless he's threatening to use it I wouldn't think so.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:50 AM ]
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
I think they'll give him the 5th year, but no more after that. This will give us another draft to find a successor to compete with Lemonier.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...once this and the other cases sorta just "go away", and if he manages to stay out of trouble and has a couple All Pro-caliber seasons, there's going to be a lot of consideration given to keeping this guy around. The last time the 49ers got rid of a "troubled" HOF-track pass rusher, they turned a very good Cowboys team into a dynasty.

I truly hope he turns things around.
  • thl408
Maybe by "bomb" he meant some really good California weed and was just giving up his weed? Bomb bud.
Here's the Conn. situation.

Police say 26-year-old Jordan Rickard is due in court Tuesday after he allegedly said he had a bomb at Connecticut's Bradley International Airport. He allegedly made the comments Monday afternoon while he was being screened at Transportation Security Administration (TSA) checkpoint.

ALSO ONLINE: Bradley International Airport looks to renew service to Europe from Hartford-Springfield region (The Republican) ALSO ONLINE: Watchdog: TSA misconduct cases grew 26% in three years

TSA officers asked Rickard if he had anything in his pockets after he was selected for additional screening, NBC Connecticut reports. Police say Rickard's answer was: "Yes, I have a bomb."

Airport director Kevin Dillon tells The Associated Press the incident happened at 3:12 p.m. ET and forced security screening to be halted for about 25 minutes. Screening resumed at 3:37 "once state police were satisfied there was no real threat," The Hartford Courant reports. Fortunately for fliers, the terminal was not evacuated.

Rickard is being held on $25,000 bail and now faces several criminal charges, Lt. J. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police says to The Republican newspaper of Springfield, Mass.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/08/06/man-arrested-for-telling-tsa-screeners-i-have-a-bomb/2623315/

It appears that he was never convicted, nor did he go to trial at Enfield Superior Court in Conn and that the matter was dropped after the second hearing. There may have been a fine involved but the records don't list it.
Share 49ersWebzone