LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

If he gets suspended does he still get paid? I don't want to cut him without the facts. But paying millions from the cap for a guy at home doesn't help us.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
With all the legal problems hovering around us, we better win the big one soon... Steelers / Ravens did it

All our shiznit doesn't even compare to Raplisburger and Killa Lewis.................
I'm awaiting the decision on his 5th year option. I think it becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 5th day of the 2015 new league year. Interested to see what they do.
Originally posted by LVJay:
With all the legal problems hovering around us, we better win the big one soon... Steelers / Ravens did it

All our shiznit doesn't even compare to Raplisburger and Killa Lewis.................

Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
so many players never seem to develop and mature past age 15
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
If he gets suspended does he still get paid? I don't want to cut him without the facts. But paying millions from the cap for a guy at home doesn't help us.

A suspended player does not get paid.

The money is donated to charity, a charity of the player's choosing I believe.

The team does not get any cap saving because of the suspension.

Well, at least I believe the above is true.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I'm awaiting the decision on his 5th year option. I think it becomes guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 5th day of the 2015 new league year. Interested to see what they do.

I think it is near guaranteed that the decision is YES! I know this is a lot of money we are talking about but it is also a lot of talent and production as well!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Exactly. The Patriots, Ravens, and Steelers are all recent Super Bowl winning teams with "classy" organizations, yet have been involved in murders, gangs, and rape, where all cases went into a court room.

Aldon has only gone to court for owning slightly illegal weapons, and Culliver has been to court for owning a piece of metal. We haven't even approached the level of depravity those Super Bowl Champions have.

Slightly illegal weapons and a piece of metal? If they rape somebody would you classify that as a slight disagreement about sex?

I've never seen people make this many excuses for players committing felonies in my life

Can they do anything wrong at this point?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

I've never seen people make this many excuses for players committing felonies in my life

Which players on the 49ers have committed a felony?

As far as I know Aldon Smith and Chris Culliver have been charged with felony.

They are not felons. They have not been convicted of a felony.

I happen to believe that a person is innocent of a crime until proven guilty of that crime.

I do understand how any reasonable, unbiased, or disinterested person could argue that being charged with a felony means that the person charged actually did commit the felony.

Why would someone make that argument?

I hope that you do not think that my pointing this out constitutes making excuses.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
LOL @ this thread

It's weird cause it's not like our players are bad people. No one is abusing anyone lol.
It's just stupid things like telling TSA "I have a bomb" when you don't. Or fleeing from a car accident when you shouldn't have.

It's nothing horrible, just a lot of stupidity from a few players
Originally posted by IT21:
It's weird cause it's not like our players are bad people. No one is abusing anyone lol.
It's just stupid things like telling TSA "I have a bomb" when you don't. Or fleeing from a car accident when you shouldn't have.

Tryna get their rep up and be badasses lol. *sigh*
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IT21:

thats what I was sayin earlier to the dude that said we got a team full of gangsta's...

no they're not gangsta's...just dumbasses.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
I'm sorry but our beloved niners are acting like complete dumbf**ks this offseason.
A lot of repeating stupidity.

So maybe he felt he wasn't picked rendomly, that still is not an excuse for getting arrested. Keep your mouth shut and everything will be over quicker and easier, but not, acting as idiot will surely help, as well as making somekind of statement which involves the word "bomb".

It's not as if he's never flown before.

I who live in Europe and have never been to the US know about the sensitivity you guys have for the word bomb connected with planes, plain and simple stupidity which shows of the character of him thinkig that he's something special because he's a great player.
Share 49ersWebzone