LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

he's getting double every single down and we only rush 4

it's simple as that.

5-7 people to block 4 people and he still gets through.

whenever we bring 5 people the pass rush is CRAZY that's what it comes down to. so no, not many sacks but he's double and triple teamed on every down

SOMEONE ELSE needs to take advantage of that and get in there every down.

protection automatically slides to Aldon's side every down and aldon and justin's side every down.
Aldon is usually explosive at the snap. Lately he's been hesitant, waiting to play run, then he goes after the QB. It looks like he's expecting run each snap. Maybe he's being asked to stay put and set the edge, if needed.

He's not going after the QB like he used to.
Originally posted by strickac:
Aldon is usually explosive at the snap. Lately he's been hesitant, waiting to play run, then he goes after the QB. It looks like he's expecting run each snap. Maybe he's being asked to stay put and set the edge, if needed.

He's not going after the QB like he used to.

he is being asked to do that as well as be in coverage
he's being a complete linebacker
if all he had to do was pass rush he'd probably have 4 a game but in order to stay on the field he does it all
He looks like he needs to start taking the drugs again and drinking. He's a better player when he does. He plays loose. Not all tight and tentative like he does now. When he comes to practice and games drunk he gets a lot done.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he's getting double every single down and we only rush 4

it's simple as that.

5-7 people to block 4 people and he still gets through.

whenever we bring 5 people the pass rush is CRAZY that's what it comes down to. so no, not many sacks but he's double and triple teamed on every down

SOMEONE ELSE needs to take advantage of that and get in there every down.

protection automatically slides to Aldon's side every down and aldon and justin's side every down.

Um, no, sorry, he's not. I think we just need to rethink who we are setting up as the sack guy now.

Sorry, but 1 sack in 49 passes is a horrendous team result. It's a miracle we win games like this.

I don't mean to put this all on Aldon. But we need to do something more effective against Rogers or we are scr*d.

Think adding lemonier, sitting willis or bowman on 2 7+. Or putting dobbs jerod eddie up front sitting one of the lb's, sitting whitner inserting lemonier as a rusher. blitzing brown.

Something.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um, no, sorry, he's not. I think we just need to rethink who we are setting up as the sack guy now.

Sorry, but 1 sack in 49 passes is a horrendous team result. It's a miracle we win games like this.

I don't mean to put this all on Aldon. But we need to do something more effective against Rogers or we are scr*d.

Think adding lemonier, sitting willis or bowman on 2 7+. Or putting dobbs jerod eddie up front sitting one of the lb's, sitting whitner inserting lemonier as a rusher. blitzing brown.

Something.

what part of rushing 4 against 5 and 6 man protections don't you understand?

there's a reason ahmad brooks came unblocked on more than a few downs but they NEVER left aldon.

if we rush 5 we get pressure we rarely rush 5 and aldon is the one getting doubled
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
what part of rushing 4 against 5 and 6 man protections don't you understand?

there's a reason ahmad brooks came unblocked on more than a few downs but they NEVER left aldon.

if we rush 5 we get pressure we rarely rush 5 and aldon is the one getting doubled

makes sense to me
Beast. Amazing display when the packers tried to chip/cut him, he dropped his hands to the ground to maintain balance, then immediately after, easily shed a block an attempted block by Lacy, and finally, finished off Rodgers.
Originally posted by five1oh:
Beast. Amazing display when the packers tried to chip/cut him, he dropped his hands to the ground to maintain balance, then immediately after, easily shed a block an attempted block by Lacy, and finally, finished off Rodgers.

He had a great game against the Pack

Maybe Ric Flair knows the places to party in Appleton

WOOOOOO
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He looks like he needs to start taking the drugs again and drinking. He's a better player when he does. He plays loose. Not all tight and tentative like he does now. When he comes to practice and games drunk he gets a lot done.

What!!!

Aldon Smith is a beast whenever he plays, he was real disruptive against GB I don't know what your watching SD. I also notice that the Smith brothers haven't really been doing their famous T-E stunt lately.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

What!!!

Aldon Smith is a beast whenever he plays, he was real disruptive against GB I don't know what your watching SD. I also notice that the Smith brothers haven't really been doing their famous T-E stunt lately.

Hey Kolohe, he's been loose lately but, really, the last sacks he had were against Wash on Monday. He had been invisible up until recently.
His first play of the game was unbelievable. Drove the LT 5 yards back into Lacy.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Nothing will beat the sprint off the field on 4th down sack....

This!

He got there before Andy Lee could get up off the bench to punt. LOL

LOL. I never noticed that.

OK, one, it was fourth down. So the offense would be on the field.

And two, why would Andy Lee get up to punt when we were on defense?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
OK, one, it was fourth down. So the offense would be on the field.

And two, why would Andy Lee get up to punt when we were on defense?

Andy was going in to play QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

What!!!

Is this SD guy who does the draft board of best players ever year?
Share 49ersWebzone