LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Since the illegal possession of weapons are felony charges, will there not be a prison sentence involved ?

He will not get a prison sentence for being charged with felonies, if he is convicted maybe.

I think he will most likely get a suspended sentence if he is convicted of a felony charge.

I doubt that the case actually goes to trial. My understanding is that the felony charges on possession of these illegal weapons requires an proof of intent. Proving intent to break the law can be very difficult.

Originally posted by Rascal:
Then you have to question who with the right mind would host an open house party to anyone on the street and charges money at the gate ?

Would you ? I wouldn't. Is a fair question, don't you think ?

Bottomline, the kid is making terrible personal decisions and that is why the 9ers had to intervene.

Hopefully, that can be changed to the past tense. He was making terrible personal decisions.

Going into rehab was a good decision and hopefully an indication that he is going to turn his life around.

I wish him the best of luck.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM ]
I am waiting for this turd to screw up again. Such a waste of talent if he continues to go down this path. The dui is a much worse issue than the weapons stuff. There are rules we all follow and there are some that think they can get away with it or the rules don't really apply to them in the same manner as everybody else.
Those weapons charges are b******t.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Lol. There's nothing dubious about his charges.

The only thing dubious is the fact I would still be in jail if I was in his situation.

Power gonna do what power do. He probably wont see any jail time. The case definitely wont be resolved until at least the start of the new year.

Smith is out on $75,000 bail. You go to a bail bondsman and you pay 10% and you are out.

The only way that you are still in jail is if you can not come up with the 10%.

I was stuck in Greystone for one week on a $50,000 bail, but got out when friends of mine put up the cash.
I was willing to wait for a bail reduction hearing, but they insisted on getting me out.
aldon smith= dpoty
I want to see situations where we have Lemonier, Aldon, Tank Carradine, Ahmad Brooks, Justin Smith, and Navorro Bowman all coming after the qb. No way offensive lines are going to be able to block all them dudes.
the weapons charges have been reduced to misdemeanors by the DA anyway...
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

lol
[ Edited by defenderDX on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Lol. There's nothing dubious about his charges.

The only thing dubious is the fact I would still be in jail if I was in his situation.

Power gonna do what power do. He probably wont see any jail time. The case definitely wont be resolved until at least the start of the new year.

Smith is out on $75,000 bail. You go to a bail bondsman and you pay 10% and you are out.

The only way that you are still in jail is if you can not come up with the 10%.

I was stuck in Greystone for one week on a $50,000 bail, but got out when friends of mine put up the cash.
I was willing to wait for a bail reduction hearing, but they insisted on getting me out.

This.

This crap about "if it were me I'd still be in jail" is total BS. People who say this don't know how this works.

Aldon surrendered himself and posted bail just like anyone else would.

The truth tho is that Aldon likely never would have been charged with teh Gun possession charge if he weren't a public figure and there wasn't heat on the DA.
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:

?

Link?

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:

When were the charges reduced?

Aldon just posted $75,000 bail and that would unheard of for misdemeanor charges.

Do you have a link?
$75,000 bail? Yeah, if it were me, I'd still be in jail.

There's no way I could afford that.
Originally posted by csjwilkinson:

lol.

Thats what a bail bondsman is for.
  • buck
  • Veteran

If you can not come up with 10% ($7,500), you would still be in jail. That is true and it does happen.

But if you have lived in a community for a time, have a job, and no serious criminal history, you would normally be released on OR--own recognizance.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

If you can come up with $7,500, you would still be in jail. That is true and it does happen.

But if you have lived in a community for a time, have a job, and no serious criminal history, you would normally be released on OR--own recognizance.
that is for normal people,, i would never see the light of day
Share 49ersWebzone