There are 165 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i will bet anyone here that he plays against the panthers.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by matt49er:
then why didn't you say that? Reality is that you read what you wrote originally after people mocked you and now you're back-peddling.

REALITY is people need to wake up. Harbs and Baalke say they are HOPEFUL he will be back during the bye. Does not guarantee anything. And if he does return, can he be immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup despite not playing for over 30 days? Now there's an article saying he could be facing 4 years in jail. Real sad stuff but still hoping he can finish the season for us.

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

Highly unlikely.

very highly unlikely
Maybe already asked, but with self imposed suspension for rehab, is aldon going to get more suspension from league when he returns. I mean, c'mon, the guy turned himself in, has lost games already, and it would seem wrong to suspend him once out of rehab. What's the league skinny on this?
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Maybe already asked, but with self imposed suspension for rehab, is aldon going to get more suspension from league when he returns. I mean, c'mon, the guy turned himself in, has lost games already, and it would seem wrong to suspend him once out of rehab. What's the league skinny on this?

hes legal issues have to run their course before he gets a suspension. he deserves one. if this were an elite seahawks player we'd be offended they could sneak off to rehab for a month or so and completely avoid a league suspension.

I'm sure I read that Niners are still cutting him a full paycheck for the duration of his stay in rehab. If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if saw a suspension yet.
Yes, POG, he is getting paid. But he did a self imposed suspension by entering rehab. There must be some precedent for that, but I can't think of an example. Anyone?
We need this dude back if we want to make a serious run at the title. He's our best defensive player hands down.
Originally posted by crabman82:

hes legal issues have to run their course before he gets a suspension. he deserves one. if this were an elite seahawks player we'd be offended they could sneak off to rehab for a month or so and completely avoid a league suspension.

I mean, he's missing games already, even though he's not officially "suspended."
Niners have to handle him lightly, they don't want to put a lot of pressure where he gets a little upset and down the road would like to leave, heard that from Matt M on the radio
then why didn't you say that? Reality is that you read what you wrote originally after people mocked you and now you're back-peddling.

REALITY is people need to wake up. Harbs and Baalke say they are HOPEFUL he will be back during the bye. Does not guarantee anything. And if he does return, can he be immediately re-inserted into the starting lineup despite not playing for over 30 days? Now there's an article saying he could be facing 4 years in jail. Real sad stuff but still hoping he can finish the season for us.

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

You must not know how things work legally if you think he will face 4 years in jail. That's my point. It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows how these things work that he will not be getting 4 years in jail.

• kray28
  • Veteran
The league should fine him (post-conviction), but they need to treat this sabbatical as "time served" and not suspend him on top of that.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Agreed.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Agreed.

I'd love that!

LMFAO @ 4 years in jail.

yea.

You must not know how things work legally if you think he will face 4 years in jail. That's my point. It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows how these things work that he will not be getting 4 years in jail.

I said there was an article on it. It's not what I think. I just brought up that there is an article that states he could face 4 years in jail. lmao
Share 49ersWebzone