LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by xtm059:
Aldon smith is going to do some jail time. He's going to face a suspension after that. Not coming back, guys, and maybe not ever.

If the DA puts a high profile athlete like Aldon in jail for owning some guns he bought legally in Arizona, it will create a s**t storm. And yes, I will be a small cloud in that s**t storm.

As we speak, California is releasing prisoners guilty of far worse crimes because they have no space. Ya, our tax dollars REALLY need to be spent to keep dangerous people like Aldon Smith in jail, because if we ran into him in the street, he might just attack us.

The only reason Aldon Smith might attack us in the street, is if we were assaulting someone with a knife.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

See, now THAT is someone I wouldn't want to bump into on a bad day. Someone like that can snap on anybody.
And yes, Ahmad Brooks is another, I would not feel safe being around him.

I would feel EXTRA safe around Aldon Smith, because I know that if anyone tried to assault me with a knife, he would defend me. Also, if I was ever running from a man armed with a gun trying to shoot me, I would run to Aldon Smith's house because I know that he has the ability to defend me.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Some of u so-called fan make me sick aldon has real life problems N all u wanna do is jump ship N dump him ..its sad hes alot more then jus a football player for our 49ers ....
there is a difference now between those who just want to dump him(so illogical) and a couple of us who think it is in the best interests of aldon and the team for him to focus on his substance abuse issues, focus on his legal issues and then throw himself at the mercy of the nfl. to me thats alot for a year! he can still work out stay in shape etc but I just think its best if he goes on the shelf till next year.... that is 10000 per cent opposite for people who just want to dump him. that is just being childish in my opinion
Aldon smith is going to do some jail time. He's going to face a suspension after that. Not coming back, guys, and maybe not ever.

Sigh.

1) He won't do any time. It will be plead down to a misdomeaner because the DA knows it will be almost impossible to prove that his intent was to break the law by going to Arizona to get the guns. He is charging it as a felony as a starting position. He'll plead down and won't do a day in jail. People will cry foul because he got "special treatment" when in fact if he weren't famous he'd likely never have even been charged because the DA needs him to testafy against the men who actually shot people at the part. That is still possible BTW...that he exchanges testamony for dropped charges.

2) He will likely face suspension but the time he is spending away from the team will be kept in mind when doling out punishment. It will probably be a short suspension and a heavy fine.

3) People need to STOP with the doom and gloom. Aldon was a numbskull for doing the stuff he did, but ya gotta have at least a sliver of perspective here. Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

lol I'm sigh'ing with you. It's like some people have never heard of Plea's before.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Some of u so-called fan make me sick aldon has real life problems N all u wanna do is jump ship N dump him ..its sad hes alot more then jus a football player for our 49ers ....
there is a difference now between those who just want to dump him(so illogical) and a couple of us who think it is in the best interests of aldon and the team for him to focus on his substance abuse issues, focus on his legal issues and then throw himself at the mercy of the nfl. to me thats alot for a year! he can still work out stay in shape etc but I just think its best if he goes on the shelf till next year.... that is 10000 per cent opposite for people who just want to dump him. that is just being childish in my opinion

I hope he stay away N gets as much help he needs..I hope everyone(family,friends,N tha FO)doesnt rush him back just sucks onces hes down N on hard times people wanna kick him nowthat hes not making us 2-3 sacks a game...
I'm all for trading aldon in the before his rookie contract is expired, to be honest lat is looking pretty dam good as his replacement, and isn't going to cost 100+ million to resign.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Sigh.

1) He won't do any time. It will be plead down to a misdomeaner because the DA knows it will be almost impossible to prove that his intent was to break the law by going to Arizona to get the guns. He is charging it as a felony as a starting position. He'll plead down and won't do a day in jail. People will cry foul because he got "special treatment" when in fact if he weren't famous he'd likely never have even been charged because the DA needs him to testafy against the men who actually shot people at the part. That is still possible BTW...that he exchanges testamony for dropped charges.

2) He will likely face suspension but the time he is spending away from the team will be kept in mind when doling out punishment. It will probably be a short suspension and a heavy fine.

3) People need to STOP with the doom and gloom. Aldon was a numbskull for doing the stuff he did, but ya gotta have at least a sliver of perspective here. Rolondo McClain fired a gun right next to a guys head making the guy think he was shooting him and played justa few weeks later.

lol I'm sigh'ing with you. It's like some people have never heard of Plea's before.

I'm with you guys, he's going to be back with the team after the bye IMO and will get 1-2 game suspension next year tops from the league along with probation.

Sigh.

Yeah there are plea deals and he's facing 3 felonies. Not 1, not 2, but 3. That's a lot. He may not be able to plea all of those down. 3 felonies is serious. He can easily do jail time or even several years if convicted. It's no guarantee when he will be back. Aldon has done everything possible to destroy his life within 2 1/2 years.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Sigh.

Yeah there are plea deals and he's facing 3 felonies. Not 1, not 2, but 3. That's a lot. He may not be able to plea all of those down. 3 felonies is serious. He can easily do jail time or even several years if convicted. It's no guarantee when he will be back. Aldon has done everything possible to destroy his life within 2 1/2 years.

Easy there drama queen.

Sigh.

Easy there drama queen.

This guy has 3 felonies and 2 dui's. Plus stabbings and shootings. It's not completely rediculous that he could do some jail time. Eventually he will find a jail cell if he continues his current path. They won't plea with him forever.

And btw it's not that easy to plea down 3 felonies. 1 or 2 maybe. 3 is serious. They will want at least one of those to stick.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM ]

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
we need ALdon back asap

He ain't coming back. Get over it. Move on. Nothing to see here.

yes he will. he will be back after the bye week.

And monkeys will be flying out of my rear quarters after the bye week.

Aldon Smith has played his last game for the 49ers. Admit it. Move on. Embrace the Lemon in life.

people prolly thought the same about john jolly, ray lewis, randy moss etc

OK. Let's make a random thought here. Not saying it's going to happen. Not saying that it couldn't happen either.

But -- for argument's sake -- let's just say Lemonier starts playing his tail off during the final eight or nine games and he finishes with 11-12 sacks.

Why bring trouble like Aldon back? Really -- why? Why do it when Lemonier has proven he's just as good and will probably get better (not probably -- he will).

So -- why bring Aldon back? What's your reason?

to put him on the otherside. two beastly passrushers would be f**kin amazing for this defense
Is he ok now?

Sigh.

Easy there drama queen.

This guy has 3 felonies and 2 dui's. Plus stabbings and shootings. It's not completely rediculous that he could do some jail time. Eventually he will find a jail cell if he continues his current path. They won't plea with him forever.

And btw it's not that easy to plea down 3 felonies. 1 or 2 maybe. 3 is serious. They will want at least one of those to stick.

If they were separate crimes I might agree with you...but they were 3 guns found in his house after he'd just been shot at that were purchased legally in a different state. The DA know it would be next to impossible to prosecute intent and is EXPECTING to plea down. Do you really think that every person who simply owns a gun with the wrong magazine is sent to prison? Seriously.

You are correct about him cleaning up his life and the first step was rehab. We'll see what happens...but MOST felonies...particularly non-violent ones are plead down. Hell...they may end up dropping them altogether in a deal to get his to testify about the night in question.

Aldon won't spend a day in jail. Count on it.

Sigh.

Easy there drama queen.

If they were separate crimes I might agree with you...but they were 3 guns found in his house after he'd just been shot at that were purchased legally in a different state. The DA know it would be next to impossible to prosecute intent and is EXPECTING to plea down. Do you really think that every person who simply owns a gun with the wrong magazine is sent to prison? Seriously.

You are correct about him cleaning up his life and the first step was rehab. We'll see what happens...but MOST felonies...particularly non-violent ones are plead down. Hell...they may end up dropping them altogether in a deal to get his to testify about the night in question.

Aldon won't spend a day in jail. Count on it.

You don't have to prove intent to be convicted of a felony crime.
You don't have to prove intent to be convicted of a felony crime.

depends on the crime...
Share 49ersWebzone