LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by saj4423:
How much more do you think he will get punished? I think the courts see he is in rehab and hand down a fine, the 49ers won't punish him anymore than what he is already doing. Now the league I don't know. Will they go with punishment served why he is in rehab or will they come down hard and add an additional 8 games or even a year onto it?

The rehab thing is because of the DUI. Now that he has weapons charges added on...timed served doesn't make sense. You don't go to rehab for gun charges.
All done Smith
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by lamontb:
So how did he get the guns back to cali if he copped them in Arizona days before the game vs the cards.

Mayebe he had them shipped by the dealer?

Who said he bought them days before the game vs. the Cards?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
R.I.P....Where is this guy when you need em?

He freed the juice, we need him to free the Booze!

If the clip don't fit, you must acquit!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ghostrider:
If the clip don't fit, you must acquit!

hahaha for realz!
Originally posted by susweel:

Aldon had a sniper gun?
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
whenever aldon does come back, he'll be out of shape.
I has a sad
Originally posted by xcfan:
whenever aldon does come back, he'll be out of shape.

I was hoping he would becoming back after the bye week, but now he has to turn himself in.

We might be able to get some play from him this season because those felnoy charges won't be resolved for a long time.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Aldon had a sniper gun?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m Among the gun charges for Aldon Smith includes allegedly finding this weapon at his house. Holy cow. http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/armalite-ar-10-hog-gun/#axzz2hG4GLf15 ;…
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Who said he bought them days before the game vs. the Cards?

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/49ers-Aldon-Smith-Faces-Felony-Weapons-Charges-DA-227093931.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Prosecutors on Wednesday said Smith is expected to "self-surrender" later this month on charges that he had illegal weapons, which, according to documents, were bought in Arizona in 2011 -- days before the 49ers played the Arizona Cardinals in December of that year. In most cases, certain types of assault weapons cannot be legally bought in Arizona by California residents or possessed in California at all, according to District Attorney Jeff Rosen.

Ammunition, magazines, and five rifles including -- an Armalite AR10-T .308 caliber rifle, a Bushmaster ACR rifle chambered for 5.56mm NATO and a Bushmaster Carbon-15 .223 caliber -- were found in Smith's home by Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputies following the June 29 party last year, and prosecutors said none of the weapons were registered with the California Department of Justice.
[ Edited by lamontb on Oct 9, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Prescription for Aldon Smith:

1. Get a good lawyer...these charges sound like they can be beaten.

2. Grow the f**k up.
Can they just handle this during the offseason? smh aldon
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m Among the gun charges for Aldon Smith includes allegedly finding this weapon at his house. Holy cow. http://www.ammoland.com/2010/11/armalite-ar-10-hog-gun/#axzz2hG4GLf15 ;…

f**k. If he wasn't a hall of fame bound player i'd say just cut his ass. But we really need this dumb b*****d.
Share 49ersWebzone