LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 121 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Oops. Wrong Thread.
[ Edited by KapsDolphinCap on Sep 22, 2013 at 1:28 PM ]
Opposing teams gonna incorporate trees into their offense. It's the one thing known to stop Aldon.
mike ditka can suck one. aldon will go to rehab as soon as he assassinates andrew luck
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Maybe if that alcoholic would have broken the sack record last year or/and gotten a couple sacks in the Superbowl and getting a win if he wouldn't have been drinking at night or on his days off. Kind of like a Justin Smith. Be professional and responsible is what I am saying. We will never know for sure, but it raises the question. Right now it is a waste of talent and his actions will not be overlooked by me and shouldn't be by you or anyone else. Its sickening and he should be held to a responsible standard like we all are.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Maybe if that alcoholic would have broken the sack record last year or/and gotten a couple sacks in the Superbowl and getting a win if he wouldn't have been drinking at night or on his days off. Kind of like a Justin Smith. Be professional and responsible is what I am saying. We will never know for sure, but it raises the question. Right now it is a waste of talent and his actions will not be overlooked by me and shouldn't be by you or anyone else. Its sickening and he should be held to a responsible standard like we all are.

You can't just throw that term around. Incredibly disrespectful and ignorant.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by MarkD:

You can't just throw that term around. Incredibly disrespectful and ignorant.
Are you kidding me?????? He has been arrested how many times now. With the evidence at hand yes I will say he is an alcoholic. If he hadn't have had these arrests etc then I would feel confident in saying he is a sober responsible person. When you are arrested for OWI more than once you are jeopardizing other peoples lives aside from your own. You can sweep it under the table if you want to but I will not. On the other hand I will be the first to forgive and forget if he seeks help and make a change.
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN4m
Aldon Smith's locker is completely empty -- the only such locker in the 49ers' locker room
LOL, he is already on his way to the night club.
Originally posted by 190836:
Aldon Smith's locker is completely empty -- the only such locker in the 49ers' locker room

it used to be filled with bottles

Did they clear his locker out? Maybe he's been cut/traded.
Coaches have been doing a s**t job themselves lately and doesn't seem like they have been hard enough on our players. I think Aldon has a 2015 option but right now I'm not re-signing him after this year. If we use that 2015 option maybe after 2014 if he gets his head on straight. Otherwise, keep him through 2015 and tag him in 2016. Right now he doesn't seem like a good person to give 60-80 million too. Hopefully he gets over his alcohol and pot addiction and grows the f**k up.

Originally posted by KapsDolphinCap:
Did they clear his locker out? Maybe he's been cut/traded.

Al-anon Smith
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN25s
Aldon Smith read statement. He apologized and admitted he has a problem.

Yea, a QB problem.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Jed York said Aldon Smith won't play Thursday against Rams as he seeks help for personal matter. Unknown how long he'll be gone from team.

Motif
Share 49ersWebzone