LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by genz22:
How can anyone here actually think he won't get suspended?

They are just being ridiculous. He will and should be suspended.

Oh, he's gone for at least 4 games. I'd rather see it done now than later in the year when we have to play the Seahawks again.
He's really starting to rack up some off-field problems...

This is extremely discouraging and personally, I think the team should suspend him. Give back some integrity to our team, show we have class and that we take this seriously, while at the same time lessening the potential severity of any NFL-imposed suspension.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by genz22:
How can anyone here actually think he won't get suspended?

They are just being ridiculous. He will and should be suspended.

Oh, he's gone for at least 4 games. I'd rather see it done now than later in the year when we have to play the Seahawks again.

Unfortunatly it wont be until after court so that could prove to be problematic. And if he has a good lawyer like lynch it will be delayed many times before court even happens.
Aldon will make us forget about all of this tomorrow by getting 4.5 sacks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon has a little Aaron Hernandez in him. Hopefully not too much.

lol. I wouldn't compare Aldon to a psychotic killer just yet.

He's already involved in stabbings, shootings, dui's, drugs, alcohol, lawsuits, illegal guns. It's just one more step.

That's just stupid. Stabbings? Yes, he was stabbed. Shootings? Who did he shoot? The air? Your "lawsuits" and "illegal" guns silliness should probably be filed along with the "shooting". The kid is dumb and has made some mistakes. He got a DUI and got caught with weed. He will eventually pay more out of his pocket for this than you make in two years. It is ridiculous for you to compare him to a likely sociopathic killer. It's irresponsible. If it is your true opinion (rather than you just trying to spew your usual negativity), then you need more enlightenment of how life really works. People make mistakes...that doesn't necessarily make them all killers.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I don't care about his stats...the point of the game is not to accumulate sacks. The most noticeable thing he did last week was pickup a bonehead personal foul which killed a defensive stop for us, and basically handed Seattle free points.

Honestly, Harbaugh shouldn't have to do or say anything to him. I hope the teammates he's screwed over with his idiocy hold him accountable.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

I don't care about his stats...the point of the game is not to accumulate sacks. The most noticeable thing he did last week was pickup a bonehead personal foul which killed a defensive stop for us, and basically handed Seattle free points.

Honestly, Harbaugh shouldn't have to do or say anything to him. I hope the teammates he's screwed over with his idiocy hold him accountable.

U still whining about last week? Its time to move on bro, we can't change what happened last week no matter how bad we want to. Its over and it is what it is. We have a game tomorrow for Gods sake. Lehhsss Go Niners!
Can we change this thread to the Corey Lemoneir thread? Corey is going to take Aldon's big contract. Aldon's big contract just slitted right out of Aldon's pocket and into Corey's.

Look for Corey to start to get a heavy dose of the work load until Aldon is suspended.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Sep 22, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'm going to call him a tool again. I'm selfish. I'm sure in his position I'd be living it up. No excuse for not taking a free ride on the NFL's tab, though. . God knows I could have used a free ride home last Sunday.

It was a stupid thing to do, but let's take a second to look at it through his eyes.

Apparently, he hit a tree in the gated community where he lives. It seems as if, although it is not confirmed, that he was coming from Ray McDonald's house, who lives in the same neighborhood. So basically, it was a drive through the suburbs to his house that was only a few blocks away. I doubt he had any intention of going on any busy road or expressway.
Incredibly, he was so stoned/drunk that he couldn't even successfully drive a few blocks in the suburbs.

So although it was a DUI, it's not like he was in danger of smashing into busy traffic at high speed, like many other DUI's that have occurred by NFL players.
It was stupid, but it wasn't as utterly reckless as it appeared at first glance.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 22, 2013 at 12:32 AM ]

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'm going to call him a tool again. I'm selfish. I'm sure in his position I'd be living it up. No excuse for not taking a free ride on the NFL's tab, though. . God knows I could have used a free ride home last Sunday.

It was a stupid thing to do, but let's take a second to look at it through his eyes.

Apparently, he hit a tree in the gated community where he lives. It seems as if, although it is not confirmed, that he was coming from Ray McDonald's house, who lives in the same neighborhood. So basically, it was a drive through the suburbs to his house that was only a few blocks away. I doubt he had any intention of going on any busy road or expressway.
Incredibly, he was so stoned/drunk that he couldn't even successfully drive a few blocks in the suburbs.

So although it was a DUI, it's not like he was in danger of smashing into busy traffic at high speed, like many other DUI's that have occurred by NFL players.
It was stupid, but it wasn't as utterly reckless as it appeared at first glance.

Driving through a neighborhood drunk and high out of his mind is dangerous. He could of killed himself or others, including children walking to school easily. In reality, thank god the tree stopped him. He could of even crashed into a house.
By any talent gauge Aldon Smith is a superstar. One of the very best at his position and if he keep it up he could be one of the best ever to play his position.

Operative word there "IF."

Y'see Smith has that same problem a lot of athletes blessed with uncanny physical talent have. Superstars on the playing field and two-legged train wrecks off of it.

Aldon Smith is a great player, but he is NOT a good guy. You can't be and have this much bad stuff happen to you all the time. The more I watch him dominate on the field and self-destruct off it, I see the New Charles Haley. Haley was a great force on defense on Sunday and pretty much a hot mess the rest of the week.

But if anything Smith looks like he's not angling for a ticket out of San Fran, but for a long suspension from the NFL commissioner and maybe some jail time if he messes up. When seems kind of inevitable lately.

I love watching Aldon Smith wreak havoc on a football field for 60 minutes on Sunday. I cringe whenever I hear his name mentioned the other six days because it's never about anything good.

He's running out of chances. I know it. But does he know that?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Driving through a neighborhood drunk and high out of his mind is dangerous. He could of killed himself or others, including children walking to school easily. In reality, thank god the tree stopped him. He could of even crashed into a house.
I remember when i got my D.U.I. When i was 18 they gave me a $4,500 fine and D.U.I. Classes where they made you watch all the MADD Commercials. Mothers talking about how they lost there kids to Drunken drivers. There was a mom who lost here 3 kids to a drunken driver
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I remember when i got my D.U.I. When i was 18 they gave me a $4,500 fine and D.U.I. Classes where they made you watch all the MADD Commercials. Mothers talking about how they lost there kids to Drunken drivers. There was a mom who lost here 3 kids to a drunken driver

Never had a DUI, but ive heard after all the fines and fees are taken, its around $10,000 now. Unfortunately for an NFL player, the fines arent a big deal.

I bet if they included a DUI clause in Aldon's next contract that said hed void his pay for the entire season if hes charged with another one, hed magically stop putting himself in those situations.

This is what, his 5th or 6th off the field incident in the NFL already? 3 DUI's, the stabbing, the car accident, etc. Just stay home before you screw up a very bright career Aldon. Please.
easy fix...bench him during the Jax game and have Jim take his license away
Share 49ersWebzone