There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Frank Gore Still Going to be Frank Gore?

Originally posted by blm7754:
I think you are only remembering that because he didn't get as many carries in the playoffs as we are used to seeing him get. We've seen Frank routinely get 20+ carries a game since 2006. Its time we get used to the fact that he can't do that anymore and just be happy with the fact that he is a VERY good RB when limited to fewer carries.

That is what we should all expect to see in 2012.

So what kind of numbers do expect Frank to put up this year?
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I think you are only remembering that because he didn't get as many carries in the playoffs as we are used to seeing him get. We've seen Frank routinely get 20+ carries a game since 2006. Its time we get used to the fact that he can't do that anymore and just be happy with the fact that he is a VERY good RB when limited to fewer carries.

That is what we should all expect to see in 2012.

So what kind of numbers do expect Frank to put up this year?

Lets say he averages 13-14 carries per game, 4.5 yard average... over 16 games that is 900-1000 yards.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We will get him a ring and he will retire before we have to cut him.

I really hope it happens for him/us this year.

i was thinking about starting a thread on this subject....say we win a superbowl or two, which players will retire

Gore
J Smith
Ice
Jennings
Moss
Jacobs
Goodwin
Akers

...?

Who is Ice?

I think Moss and Jacobs are likely to retire following the first SB victory.....especially if their perceived value isn't very high.

Gore, Akers, J Smith, Jennings I think will ride it out until "it's time".

Goodwin....no clue.
Random question:

If Gore in '11 was like the '06 version could that have been enough on it's own to have beaten the Giants?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We will get him a ring and he will retire before we have to cut him.

I really hope it happens for him/us this year.

i was thinking about starting a thread on this subject....say we win a superbowl or two, which players will retire

Gore
J Smith
Ice
Jennings
Moss
Jacobs
Goodwin
Akers

...?

Who is Ice?

I think Moss and Jacobs are likely to retire following the first SB victory.....especially if their perceived value isn't very high.

Gore, Akers, J Smith, Jennings I think will ride it out until "it's time".

Goodwin....no clue.

Ice = Sopoaga

Jacobs already has two rings. he'll retire when nobody wants to sign him anymore.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We will get him a ring and he will retire before we have to cut him.

I really hope it happens for him/us this year.

i was thinking about starting a thread on this subject....say we win a superbowl or two, which players will retire

Gore
J Smith
Ice
Jennings
Moss
Jacobs
Goodwin
Akers

...?

Who is Ice?

I think Moss and Jacobs are likely to retire following the first SB victory.....especially if their perceived value isn't very high.

Gore, Akers, J Smith, Jennings I think will ride it out until "it's time".

Goodwin....no clue.

Goodwin/Jacobs already have a superbowl. I dont think that's their motivation.

I would be shocked if Soap (ICE) was even thinking about retirement.

If I'm Akers or Jennings I'm milking it for all its worth.

Gore I see going the Emmit Smith route (Sad to say)

J. Smith loves football and would probably play until our window closes, trying to collect titles.

Moss probably would quit a year or two after with nothing left to prove.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Gore I see going the Emmit Smith route (Sad to say)



i refuse to watch and NFL where Gore suits up in a Cardinals jersey


(somewhat sarcastic. yes i know what you meant)
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Even if Fronk Gare

lol where did this stuff come from lol, the even if gire stuff, i see it everyday and laugh but what's the origin?

Someone started a thread title with "Frank Gire" and I think it stuck from there.........I believe this was mid to late '11.

oh ok so i'm guess it was a typo and the zone just ran with it?
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Even if Fronk Gare

lol where did this stuff come from lol, the even if gire stuff, i see it everyday and laugh but what's the origin?

Someone started a thread title with "Frank Gire" and I think it stuck from there.........I believe this was mid to late '11.

oh ok so i'm guess it was a typo and the zone just ran with it?

i did a search and found it, thanks...........
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Even if Fronk Gare

lol where did this stuff come from lol, the even if gire stuff, i see it everyday and laugh but what's the origin?

Someone started a thread title with "Frank Gire" and I think it stuck from there.........I believe this was mid to late '11.

oh ok so i'm guess it was a typo and the zone just ran with it?

i did a search and found it, thanks...........
I would think his role would be reduced with all the new weapons.
I really hope Gore retires as 49er. I would also like to see him take the franchise rushing record and add another 3-5k yards to it.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I really hope Gore retires as 49er. I would also like to see him take the franchise rushing record and add another 3-5k yards to it.

I hope you are correct.
Franks gonna tank: the season that is....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 26, 2012 at 1:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Franks gonna tank: the season that is....

Who care we have solid back up now.