There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Originally posted by Afrikan:

THIS is what T.O. said about the 9ers
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82933a5c/article/terrell-owens-says-he-wants-to-play-football-in-the-bay-area

The record-setting wide receiver, who last played for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2010 (when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns), was asked if he would have been a better fit with the 49ers than Randy Moss.

"Would I have loved to have ended my career there, obviously signing a one- or two-year deal, absolutely. ... It is what it is at this point. I don't make those decisions and they were well aware I was out there so they felt they had the best man on their roster."

Owens was spotted recently working out with Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer.

"There's really only one team left in the Bay Area who I haven't played for that really at this point in time is a viable option and that's the Oakland Raiders," he said. "Given the opportunity if that's on their radar for me to come in and help them win some ball games and ultimately help them try to win a championship then I'll take that challenge on. I definitely feel I have a lot of football left in me. I think Carson knows that."

and THIS is what T.O. really said ^

but of course, some self entitled 9er fans who hate Terrell Owens, for god knows what genuine justified reason, ignore this.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82933a5c/article/terrell-owens-says-he-wants-to-play-football-in-the-bay-area

Quote:
The record-setting wide receiver, who last played for the Cincinnati Bengals in 2010 (when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns), was asked if he would have been a better fit with the 49ers than Randy Moss.

"Would I have loved to have ended my career there, obviously signing a one- or two-year deal, absolutely. ... It is what it is at this point. I don't make those decisions and they were well aware I was out there so they felt they had the best man on their roster."

"There's really only one team left in the Bay Area who I haven't played for that really at this point in time is a viable option and that's the Oakland Raiders," he said. "Given the opportunity if that's on their radar for me to come in and help them win some ball games and ultimately help them try to win a championship then I'll take that challenge on. I definitely feel I have a lot of football left in me. I think Carson knows that."

but of course, some self entitled 9er fans who hate Terrell Owens, for god knows what genuine justified reason, ignore this.

he is in this position because of T.O., drop the shtic
Originally posted by jreff22:

what postion are you talking about? for most of the thread you have fickle fans who think the world revolves around them, come off as t.o. is begging to come back to that 9ers and they go about using that as a reason to bash the guy about burnt bridges.....read the true story. he knows our stituation and his situation. he knows what is the realistic scenario.
Originally posted by jreff22:

what postion are you talking about? for most of the thread you have fickle fans who think the world revolves around them, come off as t.o. is begging to come back to that 9ers and they go about using that as a reason to bash the guy about burnt bridges.....read the true story. he knows our stituation and his situation. he knows what is the realistic scenario.

Dont need him.

People just don't randomly dislike talented players for no reason. The dude said things that ticked off the fans here some years ago. It's not a big secret that only God knows about. The reaction of "oh hell no, not that a-hole" are normal human feelings, not self entitlement.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

People just don't randomly dislike talented players for no reason. The dude said things that ticked off the fans here some years ago. It's not a big secret that only God knows about. The reaction of "oh hell no, not that a-hole" are normal human feelings, not self entitlement.
and what were those things that he said that would tick off 9er fans when he was on the team? Or are they just sheep relaying what ever the media tells them.
Originally posted by djfullshred:

and what were those things that he said that would tick off 9er fans when he was on the team? Or are they just sheep relaying what ever the media tells them.

Sorry, I don't keep track of unimportant sh*t like that. Just an impression over time after hearing enough BS from him, and not all of it was from reporters. He was doing a fine job sounding like an idiot through his own website, even before twitter was around.

But really, there is no need to get into detailed documentation for why people don't like someone. As for media manipulation and being a sheep - that accusation could cut both ways to both critics or supporters of celebrities they do not personally know.
[ Edited by djfullshred on May 25, 2012 at 3:33 PM ]
He is, in his own place
Yeah TO is missing something obviously. Look how quickly they pounced on Moss, and they didn't even consider TO for a second. I don't blame them and while I don't think it is because of the bridges he burned here, I will bet anything he will never end up on this team and most likely any other NFL team. Honestly though, even after being a fan of his while he was here, I don't think he deserves a second chance. He had every opportunity in the world and instead pretended like the NFL revolved around him and threw it all away. Same kind of thing Mike Tyson did. When they are on top of their game the pretend like they are invincible and don't come to their senses until they are old broke and washed up.

Of course I know TO agrees that he wont play here but even the notion is absurd at this point.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah TO is missing something obviously. Look how quickly they pounced on Moss, and they didn't even consider TO for a second. I don't blame them and while I don't think it is because of the bridges he burned here, I will bet anything he will never end up on this team and most likely any other NFL team. Honestly though, even after being a fan of his while he was here, I don't think he deserves a second chance. He had every opportunity in the world and instead pretended like the NFL revolved around him and threw it all away. Same kind of thing Mike Tyson did. When they are on top of their game the pretend like they are invincible and don't come to their senses until they are old broke and washed up.

Of course I know TO agrees that he wont play here but even the notion is absurd at this point.

Bring him in and let him retire as a 49er.
we have a spot open..............................as a waterboy
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Maybe Adam Sandler should apply.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

lol
Afrikan...you're on your own on this one.
Originally posted by juycho:
Bring him in and let him retire as a 49er.

f**k no. The dude s**t all over this organization when he left. I'm glad that douche is bankrupt and unemployed